Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2017, 16:54   #3601
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
On another note, today I nicked my rear bumper (into a concrete parapet) while reversing pro-style (using ORVMs and IRVM) [major heartbreak - still running on a temporary number and done 1750 Kms]

I have enquired with the body shop and they will paint and replace the bumper (Cost 4,500 + paint 4,500). Will be taking a claim on the dep cap insurance (and losing out on 20% NCB next year). Some people are of the opinion that it is a minor nick and can be tolerated. But what the heck, since I've already followed my heart by buying the Hexa, why listen to the mind (and tolerate a small dent) in this matter!
I too feel that it is a minor nick. You can nicely decorate your rear bumper to cover that minor nick. A simple wrapping will do that. With a little bit of creative work, nobody may notice the nick on your bumper and instead, it will look good too. The cost will be a fraction of the amount you spend on new bumper.

I feel that we should not react that fast for such small nicks.

You have followed you heart by buying the Hexa, as you have a time span to take that decision, and your heart will be happy with that. But for purchasing a bumper, you can do it any time. If I were in your place, I would try some creative alternatives, before changing the bumper for this small nick.

The pic (edited your pic) for reference, but the ideas are endless.
Tata Hexa : Official Review-hexa.jpg

If your heart is still looking at new bumper, and do not allow your mind to think about other alternatives, just follow your heart .

Last edited by vsun : 27th December 2017 at 16:58.
vsun is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 18:52   #3602

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post

1. Is it possible to retrofit DRLs in the XM varients?
2. Regarding reverse sensors, does XM gets dynamic guidelines as well?
3. How about the seat covers? Is aftermarket better? I love all black interior
4. How much does it cost for the alloys?
5. Can the ORVM be shut with power button?
Hi, I have the XM - and had some of the same questions before delivery. Answers to some of the queries you had.

1. Tata does not offer the same DRLs as on the XT, the fog lamps the offer on the XM are Rond with a circular DRL around the fog lamp - they do look quite nice - but the Fog lamps themselves are not too bright. I think I paid about 11K for mine.

2. Here again Tata does not offer the same reverse camera setup as on the XT - they only have the rear view mirror clip on option/the inbuilt PIP in the rear view mirror. On further enquiring why the camera could not be setup with the HDU, I was told that Harman did not allow it and if I did do so outside it would void my warranty on the entertainment setup. The two setups are priced at about 18k and 22K respectively. I did not get either and instead rely on just the sensors and my mirrors. I did however get a rear guard installed for about 8.5K.

3. A personal preference so I shall reserve my comments here.

4. Tata sells the 16s at 8500/per wheel - As much as I hate to admit it - they really are quite nice looking - I have been looking around to change out my steel wheels - but on enquiring around a number of shop owners told be not to go for after markets and instead opt for the alloys Tata offers - the reason being, they said they get complaints of the rims bending on account of the weight of the car (this is not review, simply stating what I have been told by 2 sellers) having said that, pretty much everyone else I spoke to, told be to upsize the rims to 17s and swap out the tyres. I finally plan on getting some nice rims and powder quoting/painting them Matt black.

5. Unfortunately not, again this is just Tata being Tata - you build a great machine and leave out some of the most basic features one needs in a car this size - my mid level i20 has these for christ's sake, and they are an absolute blessing. I hope someone at Tata is reading this thread.

Finally my thoughts on the Hexa XM - I love my car, sure I miss some of the creature comforts that the XT offers, but not enough to kick myself for not picking it up - at the price the XM is also good value for money, but Tata needs to look at the quality of some of the cabin plastics again. If you are inclined towards the XM - GO FOR IT
swami jive is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 21:02   #3603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

5. Unfortunately not, again this is just Tata being Tata - you build a great machine and leave out some of the most basic features one needs in a car this size - my mid level i20 has these for christ's sake, and they are an absolute blessing. I hope someone at Tata is reading this thread.
Electric folding orvms are available on XTA
Old 28th December 2017, 00:04   #3604

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Electric folding orvms are available on XTA
Aware of that, infact it is only available on the XT and XTA. I was talking about the XM since that is the model I have. The point I was making was it even hatchbacks have this as a standard feature in their mid range varients, but Tata didnt think it was important enough to make it to all their varients. Its a utilitarian feature and not a luxury one, and Tata of all manufacturera should have seen that IMO.
Cheers..
Old 28th December 2017, 00:25   #3605
Senior - BHPian

I think electric orvm's are a liability. I keep breaking mine once every year on average partially due to my aggressive driving, and partially due to the way traffic is around here. My father in laws elite i20 orvm with power adjustment+ auto fold+ indicators cost 40k or so to replace, with the payment after insurance coming to 1.5k.
A manual orvm costs only 1.5k or so, and in my opinion, is a lot more practical

Last edited by greenhorn : 28th December 2017 at 00:32.
greenhorn is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 08:52   #3606
BANNED

Quote:
3. How about the seat covers? Is aftermarket better? I love all black interior
4. How much does it cost for the alloys?
My Responses -

1) I too love all black, got Autoform done on my XE, same design as on the XT (one small portion perforation missing), I shall upload the pics during the day.
2) Alloy is 13K PP and R19 tires shall cost you 12K PP, so you are looking at 100K for both.

Cheers.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 11:19   #3607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
My Responses -

1) I too love all black, got Autoform done on my XE, same design as on the XT (one small portion perforation missing), I shall upload the pics during the day.
2) Alloy is 13K PP and R19 tires shall cost you 12K PP, so you are looking at 100K for both.

Cheers.
But can the XM/XE be installed with the 19" alloys? Read somewhere that it may cause compatibility issues with the EBD/ABS and related electronics.
Is there anyone who has done it?

Last edited by abhi7013 : 28th December 2017 at 11:21.
Old 28th December 2017, 13:44   #3608

Hi Folks, couple of questions.
Has anyone installed an aftermarket sub in their Hexa XM, within the enclosure on the rear boot? Price and specifications please, also what does this do to the warranty? Looking for options in Delhi/NCR please.

Also any update on the software update for the Harman setup. Has that happened? has anyone taken their car back to the workshop for this? What changes have they made - there was some talk of redoing the interface, has that happened?
Cheers..
Old 28th December 2017, 13:59   #3609
BHPian

Hi folks, another update regarding my issue. Please refer to my previous post to get a wind of it.

The GM of Concorde, Mysore Road briefed me about the process and a senior SA was assigned to me. I was convinced that there was a communication gap between me and the rookie SA. I was taken to the enclosed parking bay and for the very first time, saw my raging beast waiting for me to saddle up. Man, it is true, my girl complain that I love cars more than I love her! It was truly a heart issue and the way, the beast connected with me is something that can only be felt.

I did a thorough PDI and it was all good. Finalizing the financial formalities and getting it registered next year. Finally, without the help of you guys and the involvement of TML, it would have been a difficult affair. The nightmare before Christmas turned out to be a happy new year.

Thanks folks
doxinboy is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th December 2017, 15:37   #3610
BHPian

Quote:
The nightmare before Christmas turned out to be a happy new year.

Thanks folks
Glad to hear this! Eagerly waiting for you to be a part of the group. You could have taken a few snaps!
Old 28th December 2017, 16:20   #3611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
I have enquired with the body shop and they will paint and replace the bumper (Cost 4,500 + paint 4,500).

Thanks for being patient with my banter, feeling much lighter already
Looks to be too expensive a treatment for such a small scratch. A mild local wax polishing might make the scratch vanish. Or even a Team BHP Sticker might come handy..
Seran Manian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 11:03   #3612
BANNED

Quote:
I too love all black, got Autoform done on my XE, same design as on the XT (one small portion perforation missing), I shall upload the pics during the day.
I am really bad at pics, but as promised here are a few, black on black is simply awesome.

Went for the best fitter, stood by the estate from 11 AM till 7:30 PM to have it done my way, this was done at the Autoform Factory.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-pic-1.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-pic-2.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-pic-3.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-pic-4.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-pic-5.jpeg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-pic-6.jpeg  

Last edited by Torquedo : 29th December 2017 at 11:05.
Torquedo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 11:40   #3613
BHPian

Quote:
I am really bad at pics, but as promised here are a few, black on black is simply awesome.

Went for the best fitter, stood by the estate from 11 AM till 7:30 PM to have it done my way, this was done at the Autoform Factory.

Cheers.
That looks really neat and seems to have more cushioning than the ones we get in the top trim!
By the way, what is that in the cup holder below the handbrake? Perfume?
Old 29th December 2017, 11:48   #3614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Seems to be an Ashtray. Also the seats look great, as close to factory fitted.
budgam.boonyi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2017, 12:04   #3615
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
That looks really neat and seems to have more cushioning than the ones we get in the top trim!
Thanks, I always felt over the years, in addition to the quality of seat covers, it is equally important the way they have been fit in, really pulled up well, no loose ends, that was the exact reason why I spent an entire Sunday with the fitters, monitoring each and everything that they were doing till I was satisfied (paid them separately for their hard-work).

That is an ashtray that I picked up from my Optra Magnum while I was selling it, they don't offer them these days and coming from the Magnum, it was supremely built and looked elegant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks