Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2017, 10:46   #3571
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
If the car is allotted to you, the dealer should already have the VIN number for your car. Recommend to release the funds only once you have inspected the car in person.
Thanks for lighting fast response. Will do as you say. Asked SA to provide the VIN. It is the same dealership that tried to sell 300 days old car recently. I better be careful.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 11:06   #3572
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
Hi guys, need some help. I had booked XTA recently and SA says that the car is on its way from the plant. He suggested me to proceed with the payment. When can I expect to receive the VIN and when is the right time to release the funds. Thanks
Hello doxinboy -

Do NOT proceed with the payment, there is no clause that states, you make the payment once it has left the factory.

Once it arrives, do a through PDI and then proceed with the payment.

Wish you luck with your purchase and Many a Happy Miles with the Beast.

Cheers.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 13:17   #3573
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, need some help. I had booked XTA recently and SA says that the car is on its way from the plant. He suggested me to proceed with the payment. When can I expect to receive the VIN and when is the right time to release the funds. Thanks
As others have already stated, pay only after seeing and examining the vehicle. Further, if the vehicle was despatched, the concerned showroom would already have the VIN in the system. The fact that they have not shared that but are asking for payment would make me suspicious as to whether the vehicle was actually despatched or not! As you pointed out, the dealer has a history of attempted fraud. Makes sense to be over cautious.

Last edited by Strangerintown : 21st December 2017 at 13:17. Reason: Typo
Strangerintown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 14:58   #3574
BHPian

Hi good folks, SA sent me the VIN just now. Apparently it is MAT614752HRK*****, I'm in the process of decoding it. Hope everything turns out to be a good experience.

PS: looks like it is October manufactured.
PS1: got information that it might take 10 days to arrive.

Last edited by doxinboy : 21st December 2017 at 15:20. Reason: Additional information
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 15:56   #3575
BHPian

Quote:
Hi good folks, SA sent me the VIN just now. Apparently it is MAT614752HRK*****, I'm in the process of decoding it. Hope everything turns out to be a good experience.

PS: looks like it is October manufactured.
PS1: got information that it might take 10 days to arrive.
Good to know these information. 10 days for arrival is a normal timeline for arrival from Pune plant. So, nothing to worried of.

I might have missed this info, but which dealership are you buying from?

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 16:22   #3576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
I might have missed this info, but which dealership are you buying from?

Prem.
It is Concorde, Mysore Road. The SA is asking me to proceed with the payment. I am interested to avail the zero insurance offer for December. Thinking about invoicing next week and doing a thorough PDI before sending it to RTO.

Wondering why it would take 10 days to transport from Pune to Bangalore, it is less than 900 kms.
Old 21st December 2017, 16:35   #3577
BHPian

@Doxinboy

Congratulations on booking Hexa.

Please check the following:

- We are in December now, why the dealer is giving you OCT manufactured car? Dont they have NOV/DEC manufactured car?
- I went to other dealer yard in BLR and already I saw may NOV manufactured cars. So feels little bit strange to get an OCT manufactured car from the plant.
- Is he giving you car which is lying in stockyard and undergoing some repairs rather than being transported?
- Directly call TML and see when the particular VIN was dispatched.
- If you have iota of doubt then switch the dealer.

You are most welcome to PM me.

PS: I am a Hexa owner and trying to help.

-PK
pk_del is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 17:15   #3578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
@Doxinboy

Congratulations on booking Hexa.

Please check the following:

- We are in December now, why the dealer is giving you OCT manufactured car? Dont they have NOV/DEC manufactured car?

-PK
My man, thanks so much for your guidance. I am really apprehensive. When I booked on 13th of this month, I did tell my SA that I need November manufactured car. He texted me on Monday that my car is ready to be shipped and today when I requested the VIN I realize he is giving me October manufactured one! I escalated the call to TML and called all the dealers. Feel like canceling altogether and wait until Next year. Lets see how this unfolds. I will be happy if you can find me a dealer who is willing to sell November manufactured car. Thanks so much

PS: Should I cancel my booking with this dealer, please help

Last edited by doxinboy : 21st December 2017 at 17:17.
Old 21st December 2017, 18:41   #3579
BHPian

Quote:
My man, thanks so much for your guidance. I am really apprehensive. When I booked on 13th of this month, I did tell my SA that I need November manufactured car. He texted me on Monday that my car is ready to be shipped and today when I requested the VIN I realize he is giving me October manufactured one! I escalated the call to TML and called all the dealers. Feel like canceling altogether and wait until Next year. Lets see how this unfolds. I will be happy if you can find me a dealer who is willing to sell November manufactured car. Thanks so much

Boy!
You might already know this. But the car buying starts with the "Confidence with the dealership" since its going to be multi year [business] relationship
If you are not confident [OR lost confidence] with a particular dealership, ignore and go ahead with another one.

I always hear Prerana Motors does things well. But, to me, Concorde in Dairy circle never failed. There are some good feedback in recent days about KHT in Brookfield too.
So, you have more options now.

Good luck!
Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2017, 21:52   #3580

Quote:

Hi, I booked around Nov 1st week and I got a NOV manufactured vehicle in 20 days (though it is XT 4x2). In case of automatic versions, demand should be high and they should have been clearing stock sooner than MT versions. Please ask for Nov/Dec manufactured vehicle. PS: my dealer was not from Bangalore, I bought it in TN.
powerdrive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 00:00   #3581
BHPian

I feel like a toddler in a room full of grown ups! I took almost 2 months and plenty of Zoomcar XE to find the best car for me. Alas! Never thought it will be this hard to buy it! TATA should think about outsourcing it to Amazon.in for real!!

As soon as the red flags were raised by the knowledgeable brothers here, I called other dealers and escalated it to TML. The dealerships across the spectrum seemed least interested to sell me a car. TML said they have a dedicated Hexa Team to handle issues, but they couldn't trace when my car was shipped despite my willingness to provide them the VIN.

I don't mind getting the October manufactured car if it is shipped this week from the plant. I am worried that the dealership might sell me a leftover stock. The reason I don't want the October stock from the stockyard of Bangalore dealership is because of the heavy rains that tormented this city.

I asked the SA to provide me proof of the shipment, but he is being stoic. The other dealership told me that they can get XTA Tungsten Silver and Urban Brown November manufactured car from the plant. When I insisted that I like Arizona Blue, he said the production has stopped for this color in October itself.

If my dealership or TML can provide me accurate information about the shipment date, I will go ahead with the purchase. All I care is honesty and transperency from the dealership. Tomorrow I will visit the dealership and see if I can get any visual confirmation about their backend process.

I work for government and I feel completely at home with TATAon, Man, I just don't want anything other than hexa. There is something magical about this car. If this deal doesn't work out, I might wait until the New Year, but Hexa it is for sure

Last edited by doxinboy : 22nd December 2017 at 00:26. Reason: typo
doxinboy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 17:56   #3582
BHPian

Hi good folks, an update on what's going on with me:

As suggested by my brothers here, I had escalated the issues with TML through multiple points of contact such as FB, Twitter, Direct Call and Hexa portal Chat helplines yesterday. To sumarise, it was a simple issue, I wanted a freshly minted car when I booked it on 13th December.

The dealership sent me the VIN, an October mint. I was not comfortable because I was worried about the dealer pushing me the leftover stock. The October rains, lashing on the stockyard was what the nightmares are made of, so I thought. For this reason I communicated to my SA about the need for concrete proof, that the car had indeed dispatched from the plant after my booking. Had the dealer provided me this crucial info, I wouldn't have been throwing tantrums here, and whining there.

It is only because of this thread and the support and guidance of my brothers here, that I was able to hold on to my horses. When everything failed I entertained the thought of going to Toyota, Mahindra, a Jeep and considered Creta too. Gorging my eyeballs and crawling up the upturned rotting tree in the neighborhood cemetery was another option.

Man! why can't the dealer just give me a simple piece of info? It was as if I was asking for a code to launch nuclear weapons. It is a s-i-m-p-l-e piece of info for God sake! In the morning I called up KHT Motors, Brookfield and the SA was so prompt that he sent me the VIN of November minted cars, Tungsten Silver and Urban Bronze color, when I reiterated the color of my choice, the Arizona Blue, he said the plant had stopped that color right in October, this was confirmed by other dealers too. I was reading myself to cancel the booking and go along with KHT. The problem? It was in the opposite end of the city. But it is in Bangalore, why not visit later today, I told to myself.

I was busy until noon when I got a call from my SA reiterating that the car was on its way and will arrive at the dealership, at the end of the month and I should invoice it to avail the offer. I told him I can't write the cheque until I get a concrete evidence of the dispatch date of my car.

It was about the same time that TML called me. A gentle lady Ms. Soumita Gouder, Territory Sales Manager, spoke to me and told me she is aware of my issue and specifically mentioned this thread. She had all the evidence and sent it to my inbox. I asked about the reason why I was not alloted a November mint. She said the cars are alloted on a rotational basis and something, I am not sure what it means though. But I was convinced that Blue color was restricted to October month. Well the good thing was I now had information that I wanted, which the dealership failed to provide. The car had left the plant on 18th and reached dealer stockyard at 10 AM on 21st. It will reach the dealership tomorrow.

Questions
1. Why didn't the dealer provide the dispatch date when requested.
2. Are they not aware that my car had already reached their stockyard and they are telling me it will arrive only at the end of the month.

The TML has restored my faith in the brand and I don't feel let down anymore. I had never mentioned this thread on any of the communications with them yet they specifically mentioned our forum. I feel a lot of friends, relatives and our brothers here are pushing the sale of TATA products and TML is listning. Thanks everyone for your support and guidance and thanks to TML for reaching out to me.

Dudes! Please pm me or post it here about anything related to my issue and suggest me anything I need to be aware. Thanks for reading and being with me.
doxinboy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2017, 18:25   #3583
BANNED

Fellow Hexa Owners -

I don't know if anyone has gone for a 3M Treatment on their beast, but I have received the following quotations from 3M in the NCR -

1) Basic 9 Step Treatment - INR 6161.
2) Antirust for 5 Years - INR 4500
3) Package for 1 Year - INR 13,XXX.

The package shall include the above stated # 1 and 3 more visits with some bit of detailing each time.

I would be thankful if someone (Hexa or Non Hexa owner) can let me know if the prices look good.

If there are any better (the above mentioned are from 3M Noida) detailing shops in the NCR, I would really appreciate if anyone can point me there.

Any feedback on the 3M Noida @ Sector 104 would be great.

Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2017, 18:39   #3584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
1) Basic 9 Step Treatment - INR 6161.
2) Antirust for 5 Years - INR 4500
3) Package for 1 Year - INR 13,XXX.
Quite interesting basic 9 step treatment for 6k seems to be tempting. Can you elaborate some of the 9 steps if not all?
I am also looking out for decent detailing/paint protection job on my car but want to avoid ceramic and ppf coatings.
Do update once you get this done.
Old 22nd December 2017, 18:46   #3585
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Quite interesting basic 9 step treatment for 6k seems to be tempting. Can you elaborate some of the 9 steps if not all?
I am also looking out for decent detailing/paint protection job on my car but want to avoid ceramic and ppf coatings.
Do update once you get this done.
Roby -

The entire conversation on the call was pretty confusing to say the least, I think I shall need to walk-in there sometime to get a better hang of what those 9 steps are.

I am not committed to getting it done, if I do, I shall keep the community here posted.

Will check with my FNG, what he shall charge for the waxing and buffing, anything close to 500, I am better off doing it there once each month of the year for 6000 bucks.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks