Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2019, 15:47   #5176
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Throw in a few touch screens, mood lights, sun roofs & the car will get 3 months of waiting time. Then why in heaven's name does a Hexa, a Harrier, a Safari or a Nexon NOT get these when launched?

Yes, Throwing in all these things will certainly make Hexa more valuable, but simply not possible at the same cost that it is retailing now. At best they can add variants above the current top end with these features, but that would take the price up significantly. That is something I would love to see them doing.

TML advertises the idea that their cars are well built with the best ride and handling combination available. Getting that right has a cost. And that cost I would assume is far higher than getting the touch screens and sunroofs right. Per car cost of a sunroof or touchscreen may seem trivial for us, but that is added to the already higher costs of getting the fundamentals right. It is all a compromise. People who want gizmos , go for Hector or Creta. People who want the fundamentals can go for a Hexa. If you want both, be prepared to spend higher. There is no way all those can be done at Hector price.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 6th November 2019 at 15:55.
padmrajravi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 15:51   #5177
BHPian

Quote:

Why this crazy approach of trying to convince people that handling is above all electronics? Throw in the damn electronics in your well handling car & it will sell. Why are they content selling only to the little amount of purists and loyalists I simply can't understand all these years.
If it were possible to prioritize ride, handling and other aspects of a car while also giving equal priorities to features and tech, WHILE maintaining the cost factor at the same levels, i guess TATA would have done it by now.
All these added gizmos would definitely have increased the price of the car and we know how sensitive we are to prices. You seem to have missed this important aspect.

I don't blame TATA that they've got their priorities wrong. Infact its good that they are undeterred by low sales and continue to focus on safety and quality given the Nexon's safety ratings. They could as well have invested a lot less and provided it with a big sunroof, better infotainment, etc but they didn't!

That's not where i blame them. Its the way they market it. Looking at their brochures, ads or any marketing assets, you can easily conclude that everything is dull, lacks creativity and they aren't aggressive. Gone are the days when they came up with good material for the Safari. Its as if they have the same team and have aged enough to not give a damn!
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 15:55   #5178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Yes, Throwing in all these things will certainly make Hexa more valuable, but simply not possible at the same cost that it is retailing now. At best they can add variants above the current top end with these features, but that would take the price up significantly.
If the Hexa gets a pano-roof, good touch screen, TPMS, very basic connected car features, people will readily pay 1.5-2 L more than current price & sales numbers will be at least double the current performance.

The trouble is these guys are doing everything for the 20 L value & skimping on the last 1-1.5L citing cost! Dropping out in the last semester of engineering when all the hard work is already done!

Its considered overpriced at 20L too because it lacks some basic things. But throw in all these things people want & it will be seen as a VFM at 22L. That's exactly what we are seeing with the current hot selling cars (including Creta!) They are actually overpriced but still perceived as "VFM"! Aren't they?

At the end of the day - A business MUST make money to run. As more cars sell, profit margins will improve. This incoming money can be used better to make employees happy & to invest further in R&D. How long will Tata Sons & Trusts keep on propping up this behemoth unless it starts supporting itself?

Last edited by Reinhard : 6th November 2019 at 15:57.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 15:56   #5179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the Hexa gets a pano-roof, good touch screen, TPMS, very basic connected car features, people will readily pay 1.5-2 L more than current price & sales numbers will be at least double the current performance.

Completely agree with this. This is what they are missing out. Take the topend higher with all those features. Just doing that will bring a lot more numbers.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 16:09   #5180
BHPian

Does the New Hexa come with TPMS? If no then is somebody using an external TPMS can share the link and experience?
Old 6th November 2019, 16:16   #5181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Does the New Hexa come with TPMS? If no then is somebody using an external TPMS can share the link and experience?
Using these as external sensors for 2.5yrs now:-

Rs. 2,354.10 37%OFF | Smart Car TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System cigarette lighter Digital LCD Display Auto Security Alarm Systems Tyre Pressure
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/mFefggos

Simple no-nonsense device where batteries can be easily replaced (haven't replaced mine yet) and can be switched when you have your tyres rotated. No installation costs obviously. Fits in securely and cannot be easily removed unless you have the spanner that they provide.

Given the price and practicality, would recommend you to go for it. Took 18days for mine to reach me.
abhi7013 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 16:24   #5182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Using these as external sensors for 2.5yrs now

Any review of the Internal Sensors as when we need to get a Top-up removing the sensor will a time taking task (I may be wrong coz i haven't used these) and there are a lot of street children where i park and they are always curious about things
Old 6th November 2019, 16:51   #5183
BANNED

Now that Hexa proved itself over the years, Tata can move it to the Innova's pricing territory by adding all the attractive gizmos and wizadry.

Despite proving itself over the years, there are people who doubt it because it wears Tata badge, for those people Tata must do the MG trick, by throwing extra warranty period with unlimited mileage. If they still doubt it, it's good for Tata to leave those customers.

Keep the present variants as they are and add few more top variants to the existing ones. Variants like XTA Plus, XZ, XZA, and XZA Plus...etc.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 17:14   #5184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Any review of the Internal Sensors as when we need to get a Top-up removing the sensor will a time taking task (I may be wrong coz i haven't used these) and there are a lot of street children where i park and they are always curious about things
If you're looking for internal ones, you can go for indian brands like sensairy and others. They maybe expensive but i would not be able to comment much as I've not used them. A few owners are using it though without much issues.
Old 6th November 2019, 17:36   #5185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
Overall kudos to Tata for producing a world class product in the Hexa. It's a pity it doesn't sell well, speaks volumes of the silliness in Indian brand perception and buying habits.
I own a Tata Hexa XT 4x2. Your post is absolutely spot on. One of the best vehicles to drive and own. Even the Harrier isn't that impressive. Tata doesn't sell just because of perception and other Brands sell for the same reason. It is indeed pity that Tata doesn't even feature olin the options of many customers.

Last edited by aah78 : 6th November 2019 at 18:57. Reason: Quote trimmed.
dhondusaxena is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 17:49   #5186
KMT
BHPian

If an old established company cannot market and service its 'good' products, the loss is theirs.

I dont think the car buying public either trusts Tata or aspires to own a Tata.

Personally, my interactions with Tata dealers and vehicles so far have been sub standard.

Its hardly an 'aspirational' brand for people to put up with their slow attitude.

Even a Chinese newcomer selling a cheap product (Hector) has run circles around Tata Motors re Sales and Marketing.

Its sad but is'nt that the truth?

Last edited by KMT : 6th November 2019 at 17:52.
KMT is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 19:34   #5187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Using these as external sensors for 2.5yrs now:-

Rs. 2,354.10 37%OFF | Smart Car TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring System cigarette lighter Digital LCD Display Auto Security Alarm Systems Tyre Pressure
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/mFefggos

Simple no-nonsense device where batteries can be easily replaced (haven't replaced mine yet) and can be switched when you have your tyres rotated. No installation costs obviously. Fits in securely and cannot be easily removed unless you have the spanner that they provide.

Given the price and practicality, would recommend you to go for it. Took 18days for mine to reach me.
Thanks for the info, Abhi7013. I have checked their website, it shows external as well as Internal as options. Which one do you recommend? Does it come with both sensors or we need to choose between external and internal while ordering?

I believe the internal sensor type is a bit cumbersome to install since the sensors have to be installed between the tyre and the rim.
Old 6th November 2019, 23:51   #5188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satshan View Post
Thanks for the info, Abhi7013. I have checked their website, it shows external as well as Internal as options. Which one do you recommend? Does it come with both sensors or we need to choose between external and internal while ordering?

I believe the internal sensor type is a bit cumbersome to install since the sensors have to be installed between the tyre and the rim.
You can choose either external or internal. Prices will vary based on selection. I would recommend external as they are easy to install and replace in case tyres are rotated or battery needs replacement.
For internal ones, you'll have to visit a local tyre dealer to get them installed.

Only difference is, you'll have to remove the external sensors every time you fill in air. Just an added step of loosening the nut and removing the sensor cap and putting it back on once done.
abhi7013 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 13:37   #5189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
It's a pity it doesn't sell well, speaks volumes of the silliness in Indian brand perception and buying habits.
Disagree sir.

What stopped Tata motors from doing what Kia did? What stopped Tata motors from having clean showrooms and enthusiastic salespersons? What stopped Tata motors from giving unlimited kms warranty?

What stopped Tata motors from taking stern action against dealer fraudulent practices? What stopped Tata motors from having at least a clean lounge with a fan at their service stations? What stopped Tata motors from not working like a government agency?

To add to all that they increase prices and remove features. See, Hexa at 22 lakhs OTR and Innova at 27 lakhs which one would the majority pick up?

Poor advertising of the Hexa. I haven't seen even one Hexa ad on the TV or at cricket matches.

After a year and half of owning a Hexa I am yet to get a call from the accessories department about side steps which I wanted to take during delivery.

And let's not even talk about that weird dual color combinations. Does a Hexa buyer ever want that? They have no idea about their target clientele.

Enough said about the Harrier. Its one step forward and 5 steps back. Will any company with its brain in the correct place send half prepared products to its reviewers?

Look at Kia and MG, we can say all we want to say about they being cheap Chinese products (MG) but at the end of the day they will show us the money they made. Buying from Tata motors is still like buying from the government.

If smaller manufactures can provide that experience, Tata motors if it wanted to can revamp its image in 2 days. That's how big and powerful it is. But they don't have that willingness.

All of us who own Hexas are a just a bunch of super lucky folks who got a great product. That's all. No credit to Tata motors here but total credit to the Hexa team which developed this product. Unless there is a total change, I am not buying a Tata car again because Tata motors is a great car making company which does not want to sell cars, it's that simple.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 13:57   #5190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
Disagree sir.

What stopped Tata motors from doing what Kia did? I am not buying a Tata car again because Tata motors is a great car making company which does not want to sell cars, it's that simple.
I would always evaluate the strength of a product I wish to buy rather than the bling and glamour of the badge or the showroom. Not saying that Kia or others are bad products, or that Tata shouldn't give a sunroof or some other gizmo. My post was very simple, even in light of owning a landrover, I didn't feel shortchanged by the Hexa, that alone speaks volumes about the product.
AirbusCapt is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks