Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2019, 09:58   #5206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Genuine Nappa leather for that price is too good to believe. I can't, but can you or I would say, most of us, differentiate between leather [genuine, forget Nappa] from artificial leather/rexine?
OT: I face this problem of differentiating, in the reverse direction. I shun leather products for ethical reasons. When shopping for shoes, I point to a shoe and ask the salesman if it is leather. He says yes. Then I tell him that I don't want leather. Then he says it's 'artificial' leather.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 13:20   #5207
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Genuine Nappa leather for that price is too good to believe. I can't, but can you or I would say, most of us, differentiate between leather [genuine, forget Nappa] from artificial leather/rexine?
Going off topic, but bear with me. The easiest way to differentiate leather and PU (art leather), is by seeing if your back sweats when sitting in the chair. No matter air-conditioning on or not, a PU seat will cause sweating on your back, a pure leather seatback will not cause it.
AirbusCapt is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 13:22   #5208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
... I am in market for new car and Hexa is top most choice for me. But sales guys are very reluctant to sell it. When I entered the showroom and asked for Hexa, the sales person showed no interest
I picked my 4x4 XT despite all these challenges. Salespersons in Tata dealerships are not an enthusiastic lot for selling anything actually - culture, compensation, drive are some of the factors. Fairly unprofessional bunch, mostly. My worst dealer experience during the search was with Toyota, though. And Ford will come a close second. Experience at Mahindra and Tata was decidedly better. Jeep experience was the best and the product is excellent, barring lack of space. Go ahead and buy the Hexa, if you like one. Follow the heart. 1000kms done and I am every bit happy with my decision to ignore the incompetence sales team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post

Infact last year in December I had done a trip to South Goa where I had achieved a fuel economy of 15.8 kmpl with exactly the same driving conditions and load.
My 4x4 variant has done around 1000kms. MID shows 11.7-12kmpl. 25% highway driving. If it delivers around 11 in the mixed cycle, I will be very happy.
5kmiles is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 16:03   #5209
BHPian

The squeaking noise from the left side footstep persists even after the dealership changing the footstep during the 1st free service. It went away for 1-2 days and then surfaced again. Now i am considering removing the footsteps totally as it is taking away the pleasure of the ride. I have asked dealership to provide alternate accessories worth the same price (16k). Lets see if they agree or else i will have to bear the loss.
Old 10th November 2019, 21:15   #5210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaurabhB View Post
The squeaking noise from the left side footstep persists even after the dealership changing the footstep during the 1st free service.
Can you post the photo of your footstep? When the footstep brackets are not properly fixed then this issue of squeaking can come. Try standing on the left footrest near the front door edge and the rear door edge. See if this eliminates the noise. Because the footstep is bolted to the chassis bolts too less a clearance may cause the squeaking.
Old 10th November 2019, 21:40   #5211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
On another note, I am getting jealous of that new touchscreen HU. Any chance we can have that new HU fitted in our 2017 and 18 cars? Tigor and Tiago JTP used to come with the same archaic ICE that Hexa had when it was launched. JTP owners are now able to fit the new ICE based on a paid upgrade. There is an ownership report here where a JTP owner managed to get the ICE changed at dealer level to the new ICE. So shouldn't it be possible for Hexa as well, considering they both had the same stock HU ? Or is there anything else at play ?
Just checked with my sources regarding the fitment of the 7 inch screen in older Hexas. My sources are telling me that the cost of such an upgrade would be 50k plus which is just ridiculous. Also there won't be any warranty on the new touchscreen either. So if that's the case then all of us who have the earlier models will have to make do with the smaller screen.

But hey at least we can boast of having the bigger 19 inch alloys and other small features which were deleted in due course. You lose some win some.
ram87pune is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2019, 21:46   #5212
BHPian

Quote:
So if that's the case then all of us who have the earlier models will have to make do with the smaller screen.
Someone suggested that it is possible to install third party screens, which support Android Auto and Carplay, which integrate nicely with the vehicle. They cost about 20k.
Old 10th November 2019, 21:47   #5213
BHPian

Quote:
Just checked with my sources regarding the fitment of the 7 inch screen in older Hexas. My sources are telling me that the cost of such an upgrade would be 50k plus which is just ridiculous. Also there won't be any warranty on the new touchscreen either. So if that's the case then all of us who have the earlier models will have to make do with the smaller screen.

But hey at least we can boast of having the bigger 19 inch alloys and other small features which were deleted in due course. You lose some win some.
No offences to the respective owners, but what is there to boast about 19 inch alloys? I recently did a to and fro trip to Sikkim, including North Sikkim and Pelling, from New Delhi on my Hexa. I am very confident that the kind of terrain I drove on, the 19 inchers would've given up at the first go. Mine is Hexa XM with 16 inchers which performed flawlessly.
Other than aesthetics, I do not think 19 inchers have anything to boast about.
Peace!
Old 10th November 2019, 22:02   #5214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
No offences to the respective owners, but what is there to boast about 19 inch alloys? I recently did a to and fro trip to Sikkim, including North Sikkim and Pelling, from New Delhi on my Hexa. I am very confident that the kind of terrain I drove on, the 19 inchers would've given up at the first go. Mine is Hexa XM with 16 inchers which performed flawlessly.
Other than aesthetics, I do not think 19 inchers have anything to boast about.
Peace!
Of course they are for aesthetics. Other than reducing unsprung mass, the only other use of alloy wheels is aesthetics. And if you don't want to boast about the aesthetics then why did you fit 16 inch alloys to your XM Hexa? Because AFAIK the XM variant comes with pressed steel wheels. Correct me if I am wrong.

And my car has run flawlessly for 30k kms with those 19 inch wheels and my usage is pretty rough as far as driving over bad roads is concerned. Still their are no issues with the alloys or the tyres. Like I had mentioned earlier, the Hexa was extensively tested/abused with 19 inch wheels for millions of kms and thus as long as you maintain correct tyre pressure there shouldn't be any issues.

And I will admit one thing that I like the look of charcoal grey 16 inchers which come with the XM+ variant as compared to the charcoal grey 17 inchers in the top end trims. To my eyes any Hexa with those awful pressed steel wheels looks like someone is wearing chappals under an Armani suite.

Last edited by ram87pune : 10th November 2019 at 22:04.
ram87pune is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 00:13   #5215
BHPian

Quote:
Of course they are for aesthetics. Other than reducing unsprung mass, the only other use of alloy wheels is aesthetics. And if you don't want to boast about the aesthetics then why did you fit 16 inch alloys to your XM Hexa? Because AFAIK the XM variant comes with pressed steel wheels. Correct me if I am wrong......
Well, couple of things here; first, when I said "aesthetics", I referred to the 19 inch size of the tyre. Nowhere did I mention about alloys, be it 16 or 19. Second, what made you think that I have installed 16 inch alloys. I never mentioned that. I usually wear chappals under a suit (Read: armani) . You know looks are subjective. I think you took "alloys", a bit too seriously. As I said, no offences to respective owners, but I think offence has been taken. Peace, again!

Last edited by khan_sultan : 11th November 2019 at 08:22. Reason: trimmed quoted post
shivathedude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 18:11   #5216
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirbusCapt View Post
The easiest way to differentiate leather and PU (art leather), is by seeing if your back sweats when sitting in the chair. No matter air-conditioning on or not.
But how will you ascertain it prior to purchase is what I meant to say.
Old 11th November 2019, 18:17   #5217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
True.

I think OP has been mis-lead: the vendor may have said PU leather.

Here in Bangalore, I go to this guy Devraj / Nagraj for such work, and he quotes not less than 25-30k for a car (current rates will be higher). A SUV is definitely higher. Branded stuff is much more expensive.

12k is the range for branded PU Leather covers.

Last edited by condor : 11th November 2019 at 18:23.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2019, 23:11   #5218
BHPian

Quote:
Simple. Pour a couple of drops of water on the seat. If the seat absorbs the water, then it's pure leather, if the material ensures the water beads up or collects into a pool, it's art leather.
AirbusCapt is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 12:08   #5219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivathedude View Post
Well, couple of things here; first, when I said "aesthetics", I referred to the 19 inch size of the tyre. Nowhere did I mention about alloys, be it 16 or 19. Second, what made you think that I have installed 16 inch alloys. I never mentioned that. I usually wear chappals under a suit (Read: armani) . You know looks are subjective. I think you took "alloys", a bit too seriously. As I said, no offences to respective owners, but I think offence has been taken. Peace, again!
On Tarmac the 19inchers will offer better handling and road grip, and this is where the car will spend most if its time unless you stay in a remote place.
Old 12th November 2019, 13:28   #5220
BHPian

There has been a low brake fluid warning coming up on my XTA every time i go uphill. Is it alright if I top up the brake oil with a DOT 4 oil purchased off Amazon? Or is it recommend that I get this done at an authorized service center?

Thanks,
Ankur

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks