Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2017, 23:08   #1801
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Its been nearly 3 months to the launch of Hexa and I have just managed to see only one car on the roads. This is despite my daily run of 25 kms from Delhi to Noida and 700+ kms of highway travelling to Delhi-Chandigarh-Kasauli-Delhi last week.
Surely not a good sign!
Not sure what you're implying, but you seem to be at the wrong place at the wrong time for spotting.

I spotted 3 yesterday in a span of 7 hours and 18 kms within noida.
Deeps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2017, 23:32   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Its been nearly 3 months to the launch of Hexa and I have just managed to see only one car on the roads. This is despite my daily run of 25 kms from Delhi to Noida and 700+ kms of highway travelling to Delhi-Chandigarh-Kasauli-Delhi last week.
Surely not a good sign!
Just curious. Were you able to spot the new endeavour and fortuner frequently on the same route which you described?
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 00:52   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Just curious. Were you able to spot the new endeavour and fortuner frequently on the same route which you described?
Endeavour is still hard to find but Fortuner seems to be flying every where. Today I saw more than 10 fortuner, 2 Endeavour and 2 Hexa in a small trip from Dwarka to Gurgaon. Now we have approx 15 Fortuner in our apartment out which 3 are the new model. Endy count is still zero will be soon 1 after my purchase.:0
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 01:50   #1804
BHPian

In Hyderabad I see at least one Hexa every two days. Surely there are cars around. And most of the spotted so far are either grey or blue. The car is having such a good road presence that its tough to miss even in heavy traffic
sunishsamuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 07:35   #1805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Endeavour is still hard to find but Fortuner seems to be flying every where. Today I saw more than 10 fortuner, 2 Endeavour and 2 Hexa in a small trip from Dwarka to Gurgaon. Now we have approx 15 Fortuner in our apartment out which 3 are the new model. Endy count is still zero will be soon 1 after my purchase.:0
As per the earlier post Endeavour is a big failure since it couldn't be spotted by him in great numbers, during his commute, on a particular route. So is the Hexa. Never mind its only 2 months post launch, compared to 1 year for the Ford
Imo we must allow 6 months for tata motors to stabilize production especially variant balancing and then see. Point to be noted is: in 3 months Hexa has sold/delivered about 4k units which is about 6 months sales of the Endeavour

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th April 2017 at 18:53. Reason: Typo.
Old 9th April 2017, 09:04   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
Surely not a good sign!
I own an S-Cross and it's almost 2 years it got launched. It is selling 2100 units on an average monthly basis. I do not see many S-Cross still on road. To arrive at a conclusion of "Not good sign" for Hexa is purely premature, since it's just couple of months after the launch.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th April 2017 at 18:54. Reason: Typo.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 09:12   #1807
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Endeavour is still hard to find but Fortuner seems to be flying every where.
True that. Bangalore roads are literally peppered with new Fortuners while the Endys are prolly half that number. Hexas, few and far between. I was in Delhi last week and was at Noida, Gurgaon & Central Delhi and the situation was the same. New Fortuner > New Endy > Hexa.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 18:14   #1808
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Had hired a chauffeur from DriveU last night.

So, he's driving, there are 4 of us in the car and I asked him how work is. He says Saturday nights are busy and before coming where I was, he dropped someone off in a Hexa.

I asked him how he found it? Pat came the reply 'kya suspension hai, sir - ekdum makkhan' (what a suspension sir! Smooth as butter). Interesting how someone who isn't remotely interested in the technicalities of a car made the same observation as us enthusiasts.

Of course, maybe he was missing the Hexa's ride quality because he was driving my bumpy Jeep back home . Who wouldn't!

Last edited by GTO : 12th April 2017 at 11:38. Reason: Typo :)
GTO is offline   (27) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 19:33   #1809
Senior - BHPian

Guys
Has anyone installed the wireless charger which is available as an accessory from TATA?

Inputs would be highly appreciated

Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 10:53   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Yes, more Fortuner than Endeavour though. Atleast 4:1
Old 10th April 2017, 11:12   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, more Fortuner than Endeavour though. Atleast 4:1
Spotting a car cannot certainly be a benchmark for success, not this early post launch surely. Yes, more spotting do help in building a perception that the car is doing well and helps in spreading the word of mouth.

How is this for a stat that I have spotted the new Fortuner just twice since it's launch, one of which was within a week and second one more recently. I was underwhelmed with it and liked the previous generation better. Also, I have spotted Endeavor 4 times since it's launch. This is when, I drive 1.5hrs each day from Westmost part of the city to the Eastmost part in the morning and vice versa in the evening, during peak hours. Add to it that I travel to Mumbai almost 2-3 times a month on weekends.

Also, I have spotted a Hexa first time last night while coming back from Mumbai. Just to add, it looks proper upmarket.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 11:42   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Spotting a car cannot certainly be a benchmark for success, not this early post launch surely. Yes, more spotting do help in building a perception that the car is doing well and helps in spreading the word of mouth.

How is this for a stat that I have spotted the new Fortuner just twice since it's launch, one of which was within a week and second one more recently. I was underwhelmed with it and liked the previous generation better. Also, I have spotted Endeavor 4 times since it's launch. This is when, I drive 1.5hrs each day from Westmost part of the city to the Eastmost part in the morning and vice versa in the evening, during peak hours. Add to it that I travel to Mumbai almost 2-3 times a month on weekends.

Also, I have spotted a Hexa first time last night while coming back from Mumbai. Just to add, it looks proper upmarket.
Yes you are correct that a mere spotting cannot be termed with success of a car, but the numbers says it all. The Endeavour is selling around 400 units a month while Fortuner is selling 2000 units a month. And ultimately Iam sure it will help in more spotting of the better selling car as well...
Old 10th April 2017, 14:10   #1813
BHPian

Is there some way to lock the spare wheel. The access is on the rear bumper in the open. Any one can open it and lower the spare. I was told by the SM in Jorhat that on of his customers had the spare wheel stolen.
Old 10th April 2017, 14:44   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
Is there some way to lock the spare wheel. The access is on the rear bumper in the open. Any one can open it and lower the spare. I was told by the SM in Jorhat that on of his customers had the spare wheel stolen.
I'm not sure if the wheel opening is accesible with the rear hatch closed. Let me check on my car. However the wheel can't be dropped down without that special tool/lever. So I am not sure how can a thief undo the spare and make off with it. Even locking the spare using a lock will not deter a persistent thief though. If this was easy to steal a lot of innovas and fortuners would be spare less
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 16:35   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_spatil View Post
There is a rubber lock which prevent the insertion of the tommy bar to lower the wheel.

Hence, unless you pull up this rubber plug from inside the tool compartment, you cannot insert the tommy bar to lower the stepney.

To steal the wheel, you need to take special efforts to access the clamp plate or chain, cut it, so as to drop the wheel out of the chassis.

Rgds

Ameya
Ameya Janvekar is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks