Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2018, 03:22   #4426
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The question really is about the difference in Fuel Effecuency of AT vs MT in the SAME conditions.

All the figures that are being mentioned do not help in the comparative difference figure which is required to decide between buying an AT or a MT.
The question should be which is better to drive. Like safari, hexa has a pretty long throw gear shift. And it is though improved quite rubbery. AT is very competent unlike the duster. As for the FE, the difference cannot be 3-4. max 1-2. Unless of course if you're going to chauffeur driven, or use it as cab, MT makes sense.
blackbeast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 08:17   #4427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am I correct in assuming that AT versions would be 3.5-4 kmpl less fuel efficient that the MT versions of Hexa. This is what I am gathering from the thread reviews.

The confusion is because ARAI seems to show 17.6 for both and some are mentioning a big difference and others a small 1kmpl. Obviously it would be rare to own both.

I don't own a Hexa, but I'm observing regularly, and 6 of my co contractors have Hexa's. Of that two are XE one XE gives 15 in city and 17 to 18 on highway runs upto 100 kph, I haven't driven the other. Another XT returns 13 in city and same 17 to 18 on highways, but in XT efficiency drops above 120kph and not 100 like in XE.
Of 3 others 2 are XTA and one XMA. All 3 return 12 to 13 in city, and about 17 on highways. Driving wth a light foot upshift from 5th to 6th occurs at 80 and RPM drops to just below 1400, 100 arrives at 1700, and 120 is just above 2000 RPM.
Those who floor every time they see a gap are the ones who loose on efficiency, heavier cars are to be driven smoothly, with more braking space ahead and preservation of momentum in mind.
All 3 AT's see efficiency drop to single digit ocassionally when caught in bumper to bumper traffic.

One thing for sure my next car is a Hexa version will be decided as per availability then.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 08:26   #4428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I was thinking of getting chrome garnishing done on my Tata Hexa XMA. Chrome garnish is an official accessory from Tata Motors itself. It will cost me 10k. It will include following-:
==================
Now my question is how is the reliability of these chrome garnishes that are available from the manufacturer. Will the chrome fittings become loose after a period of time? Will they lose their shine with passage of time? Are their any cons of getting this chrome garnishing done? Hope to hear soon....
The general answer to all your questions would be YES. Though a matter of personal choice, too much chrome in my opinion makes the vehicle lose its class. I would never advise anyone to get chrome as accessory as you pay but don't gain anything.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th February 2019 at 11:49. Reason: edited quoted post for better readability
iamrightnow is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 08:29   #4429
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
That's disgusting! Did you escalate this to Tata? Via email or twitter?
We escalated via Twitter .However our view is too many calls with irritant being repeating the story to each person on calls .There is no action on service centre or corrective action to improve upon the pathetic way service centre treats our car.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 21st October 2018 at 08:32.
Old 25th October 2018, 16:47   #4430
BHPian

Has anyone seen this? Singer Chinmayi about her hit songs and her hexa!

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 19:18   #4431
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post

1) Chrome on upper part of front grill
2) Chrome on all 4 door handles
3) Chrome on ORVMs
4) Chrome on side cladding
5) Chrome on headlights and rear tail lights
6) And finally a chrome strip on tail gate

Thanks
What is special with these chrome applications. Frankly I just hate them, that’s why I painted (not wrapped) black my honda city’s front chrome (ugly) grille. Let me put it in a simple way, will anyone chrome plate their teeth so as to have a some ‘blink’ while they smile?? If not, please spare your ride and invest that money on something else.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 19:36   #4432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
What is special with these chrome applications. Frankly I just hate them, that’s why I painted (not wrapped) black my honda city’s front chrome (ugly) grille. Let me put it in a simple way, will anyone chrome plate their teeth so as to have a some ‘blink’ while they smile?? If not, please spare your ride and invest that money on something else.
Completely agree with you. Hexa out of showroom is a stunner. Adding anything 'blink' is uber ugly. I know it's a personal taste. But I for one can't stand such massive chunk of chrome. Unless, the car will be used for dink chick dink chick 80s music video

Please avoid chrome!! people!
doxinboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2018, 06:42   #4433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunaXT View Post
Hello Friends, Looking for upgrade from my SX4 AT(P) to Hexa XTA. Can somebody provide the mileage in city & highways? Mine gives 9-10KMPH, and Hexa should not fall below.https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/image...s/Shockked.gif

I get 9.65 in my daily Thane-Mumbai run when measured full tank to full tank.
su_spatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2018, 04:21   #4434
BHPian

Quote:
Call me myopic but a fanboy view could be:
By Type of Vehicle:

Ladder Frame SUV Rank:
1) Fortuner
2) Hexa
3) Endeavour

Am leaving the Rural SUV / MUV Bolero out of the consideration above and giving no regard to price.

The choices might differ for each individual. My options will be different since I want a low range transfer case over the luxury features.

Ladder Frame SUV Rank:
1) Fortuner
2) Endeavour
3) Storme
4) Hexa
arunrajk81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2018, 12:13   #4435
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Query for a friend who owns a Tata Hexa XE variant and is looking to install Reverse assist camera. Some questions:
1. Aftermarket or Tata accessory (if available) ? If aftermarket what are the options & recommendations with approximate pricing ?

2. Will aftermarket install void the warranty ?

3. I saw an earlier post mentioning that reverse sensors + camera would be better ?

4. The best place to install the display unit ?
Old 4th November 2018, 03:23   #4436

I have installed the reverse camera (IRVM) from Tata motors and it is good. However, that set doesn't include sensors. I have added four sensors (purchased from outside). I have got both these sets fitted by Tata motors accessories Dept to avoid any warranty issues.
vnselvaraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2018, 11:28   #4437
BMK

I purchased both camera and sensors from flipkart (costed about 3k)
Tata accessories were way too expensive. The quality didn't seem any different.
Got them installed by technician @ showroom during first service.

In tight parking area, sensors are more useful to judge the distance than the camera. Camera is good to get a big picture view and in particular to figure out kids hiding behind the beast :-)
Display is positioned at left corner.
Both have worked out good over last 8 months.
BMK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 16:34   #4438
BHPian

This thread has gone so eerily quiet. I hope TATA is watching. Because, if this thread is any indicator, people are losing/have lost interest in the Hexa.

The impending launch of the Harrier notwithstanding, I suspect an AWD XTA with ICE upgrade and some other minor contemporary feature adds could fire up sales of the Hexa.

Will TATA do it?
rovingeye is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 02:07   #4439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post
The impending launch of the Harrier notwithstanding, I suspect an AWD XTA with ICE upgrade and some other minor contemporary feature adds could fire up sales of the Hexa
Hexa is selling about 700 copies a month consistently. That itself is an indicator that it is doing well considering it is a first car from TATA stable to cost over 2 million INR. I agree with you that this thread is an indicator of potential interest among the enthusiasts and the needle is not moving towards the right.

Somehow Hexa is cropping up often in the Harrier thread and I believe potential customers might be sitting on a fence until the release of the pedegree. On the otherhand, the launch will potentially drag new customers to showroom, who might consider upgrading from Harrier to Hexa because of its awesome autobox.
doxinboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2018, 13:24   #4440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxinboy View Post
On the otherhand, the launch will potentially drag new customers to showroom, who might consider upgrading from Harrier to Hexa because of its awesome autobox.
Difficult to predict if/whether Harrier's potential customers will consider an upgrade to Hexa only because of the auto tranny. However going by market reports, one never knows if Tata will spring a surprise by launching AT Harrier also!

In my view, Tata will probably NOT want to cannibalize the Hexa so early in its product lifecycle with Harrier, given that Hexa enjoys the AT + 7-seater combination (among other things of interest) at a VFM price point as compared to competition. Obviously, the pricing will overlap for some or the other variant but largely the product differentiation between the two will be there for all to see.

So, for all we know, Harrier may not get the AT box soon but still have its own set of attractions (a la Discovery Sport) and well may be able to carve out an apparently niche but loyal set of customers - who want to be seen flaunting such a design, or who want more options outside of a Jeep or a Creta.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks