Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 2nd February 2018, 08:40   #151
BHPian

Default Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I own a petrol variant and have never felt any need for more performance, this opinion is derived after owning a 1.6L TDI Rapid, 1.5L dci Duster and 1.5L TDCi Ecosport. I have clocked 12K kms in 6 months and have driven on all kinds of roads.
Great to know deehunk . Thanks for your response. It's very helpful indeed. As My local dealer doesn't have petrol TD vehicle, I thought of trying out with other nearby locations before finalizing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
I would say try Nexon 1.5 Diesel. its an awesome car which satisfies all your criteria.
-PK
Due to the mixed reviews of Tata vehicles(both online and offline), we thought of not going for that brand. Thanks for your recommendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
My father just bought a WRV and he is thrilled. The rear seat is so spacious and comfortable..
Quote:
Originally Posted by koushik View Post
Honda WRV diesel can comfortably cruise at 100 km/h and that too at just 1800 rpm in sixth gear . Uphill climbing is very easy and better than Vitara Brezza and diesel ecosport. I am yet to drive tata nexon uphill but have used extensively Honda WRV diesel in the hilly region of Arunachal Pradesh. The most important feature of Honda WR V is bullet proof reliability. If you have a heavy usage no other crossover can come even close to it.
As our usage is going to be maximum 500 Km/ month, Diesel doesnt' look like a feasible option for us. Thanks for sharing your driving experiences Traveler / Koushik.
pmvelu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2018, 02:32   #152
BHPian

Was a tough choice but practicality and family members inputs helped me book the Petrol Honda Wrv instead of the Ford Ecosport petrol .
Didn't consider the diesel WRV mainly because of its rattling sound.Ecosport diesel is truly leagues ahead when it comes to performance and NVH.But family members(Ladies in particular) who will be driving the car as well wanted a butter smooth and light steering wheel car.
Took a test drive of the Petrol WRV with full occupancy.total 5 adults in the car weighing an average 80kgs each
I was in the driver's seat first .Even with full occupancy i was left pretty amazed with the power delivery.I got a good test drive of the car in bumper to bumper traffic,a highway run to test the outright performance,on an incline slope of a flyover where there was a traffic jam,there was enough pulling power from the petrol motor of the WRV and not once did i feel the car rolling back or the engine needs to be revved hard to keep the car moving forward on the steep slope.
Honestly the car didn't feel underpowered one bit.Of course its not a rocket like the Ford Ecosport,but it fared really well and much better than my expectation.
Next in line to drive the car was my dad who is 6ft 2 inches tall,before shifting places,i was mentally prepared to be squeezed in the rear seat behind his driving position.But that was not the case to be,the WRV had the best amount of rear legroom space even with his driving position

Personal Opinion
If the car would have been used alone by me with only a co passenger,then i would have definitely booked the Ecopsort.
But there were emotional inputs from family members.
They wanted SPACE, good boot storage.Little kid loved the sunroof of the WRV.Ladies wanted a silky butter smooth driving experience.

So,in the current scenario i feel i have made the right choice.
I already own the ford ikon tdci 2008 model which has clocked 1,10,000 kms which is still running as good as new.
A first gen Figo Tdci 2010 model which has clocked 75,000 kms and is still refined and butter smooth.

This will be my first Honda car and a shift from the hydraulic steering system to an electrical power steering system.It is not direct as the Ford ,but still was much better than what i had expected.Looking forward to the WOW rv experience.Will get the delivery next week.
vineetg84 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2018, 03:52   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineetg84 View Post
Honestly the car didn't feel underpowered one bit.Of course its not a rocket like the Ford Ecosport,but it fared really well and much better than my expectation.
Congrats for booking your first Honda car, on paper Ecosport looks like a rocket but runs out of steam pretty early. WR-V will not disappoint sedate drivers, even the FE averages between 14-16 kmpl.
deehunk is offline   Reply With Quote