Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2019, 01:17   #286
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Please check with the service center for FM switching ON issue, do you connect your BT device everytime after starting the car?
Old 7th September 2019, 01:18   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVtec View Post
In my WRV, whenever I start the car, after clicking on the 'OK' button, the unit resumes from whatever it was playing at the time of switching off the previous time. So, I guess it's a software issue that can be rectified by flashing the software at the service centre.
FM volume is higher than Bluetooth streaming in my WRV too and this has been the case in all my previous vehicles as well.
What happens in case you were streaming bluetooth when you switched the car off and then when you switched the car back on the bluetooth was not connected. It reverts to FM in that case in my vehicle.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 12:36   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
What happens in case you were streaming bluetooth when you switched the car off and then when you switched the car back on the bluetooth was not connected. It reverts to FM in that case in my vehicle.

I checked this use case just now. I am getting just the home screen, without any of the media (USB or radio or streaming) playing by default.
Old 7th September 2019, 13:10   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I checked this use case just now. I am getting just the home screen, without any of the media (USB or radio or streaming) playing by default.
That's great. I will get my unit checked. If you could please sh
are the firmware version. Go to Setting -> About Screen and please click a picture of that screen.
Old 9th September 2019, 23:58   #290
BHPian

Finally brought home the new member yesterday.

I have driven for 200 kms till now, initial experience is really good. I personally did not find NVH an issue. Diesel Engine is not too loud for me.
Just love the city drive ability of this earth dreams engine, takes off from stand still even at 2nd gear!

Steering wheel is not too light nor too heavy.

The bland interiors that I did not like initially are now kind of starting to grow on me, specially during the night with that blue lighting. I will share more updates once I cover around 1000 kms with this beauty.

Also, we have around 10-12 cats at home and WRV will now share the parking space with them.

So how to avoid the car being decorated with scratches by our cats? Any lamination or coating suggestion? Any brand that makes thick car covers than those normal ones? Help will be really appreciated because the thought of scratches all over the car's body is giving me sleepless nights.

Honda WR-V : Official Review-img20190908wa000901.jpeg

Last edited by ampere : 21st January 2020 at 08:08.
Aksthedreamer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 01:01   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post

Also, we have around 10-12 cats at home and wrv will now share the parking space with them. How to avoid the car being decorated with scratches by our cats?
Any lamination or coating suggestion?
Any brand that makes thick car covers than those normal ones?
Help will be really appreciated because the thought of scratches all over the car's body is giving me sleepless nights.
Get a self healing paint protection film from 3M, Hexis, Sensha, Xpel. All are Delhi based distributors who will be supplying to dealers.

Self healing means if the cats scratch the scratch will go away when exposed to sunlight.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 10:17   #292
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Self healing means if the cats scratch the scratch will go away when exposed to sunlight.
Wow quite an interesting innovation, didn't know about it. Curious - if it goes away in sunlight, that means the material actually softens ("melts") in heat of the sunlight / UV radiation. Wouldn't it also absorb small dust specs with time if the car is often seeing sunlight? For it to be able to actually reform like that - it needs to be at least with some thickness. Perhaps 0.25mm or something I guess? Is it noticeable to touch?
Old 10th September 2019, 10:20   #293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Wow quite an interesting innovation, didn't know about it. Curious - if it goes away in sunlight, that means the material actually softens ("melts") in heat of the sunlight / UV radiation. Wouldn't it also absorb small dust specs with time if the car is often seeing sunlight? For it to be able to actually reform like that - it needs to be at least with some thickness. Perhaps 0.25mm or something I guess? Is it noticeable to touch?
I got it done on my car to try out and it works. It has multiple layers which allows it heal and not really soft to touch.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-film-ppf.html (3M Venture Shield: "Self-healing" paint protection film (PPF))
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2019, 16:07   #294
BHPian

Quote:
That's great. I will get my unit checked. If you could please sh
are the firmware version. Go to Setting -> About Screen and please click a picture of that screen.

Unable upload a picture, but here are the details:
Version: H16_P_v6.0.46
Product number: 4011600822
Product serial: 86412720
Production date: 171020

Hope this helps.
Old 10th September 2019, 16:52   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unable upload a picture, but here are the details:
Version: H16_P_v6.0.46
Product number: 4011600822
Product serial: 86412720
Production date: 171020

Hope this helps.
Just checked mine. It is the exact same version. I don't understand any the FM turns on automatically on both my cars.
Old 14th September 2019, 13:59   #296
Senior - BHPian

A worthy upgrade for WRV owners. LED Headlamps. I was really disappointed with the stock halogen lamps on the WRV. Having tried LED headlamps on my Pajero (Now Sold) earlier I could easily see how bad the stock headlamps were on the WRV.

I ordered a new pair from the same seller (CNSUNNYLIGHT) on Aliexpress and fitted them today. I was amazed, the beam pattern is identical to the stock halogens with a very clear cut-off for the low beams. I did not even have to adjust the headlamps of align them at all.

I would recommend WRV owners to go in for LED headlamps, especially if you find the stock lamps miserable. They are a direct fit, no cutting of wires etc. Even the original dust cover gets installed perfectly.

Here is the link to the lamps I purchased. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3285...6a173e5fzq1uhE

IMHO this is the best $26 you will spend on your car.

Last edited by Traveler : 14th September 2019 at 14:02.
Old 17th September 2019, 19:21   #297
BHPian

Quote:

IMHO this is the best $26 you will spend on your car.
Did you drive in the rain? How do you rate the visibility vis-a-vis halogen lamps?

I had been to Pride Honda, Hyderabad, the other day. On a red WRV on display there was a cube measuring about 30cm made of paper. It was an ad declaring the car's safety. It claimed to have a 5-Star rating from ASEAN CAP. I haven't seen any mention of it even in Honda's website. 2016 was the year of validation mentioned. I guess WRV came to market in 2017. Is there some anomaly?

The newly launched V version looks quite nice. Except the sunroof and the leather steering wheel cover, there's nothing to differentiate it from VX.

Does anyone know if the windshield and other glasses of WRV come with heat absorbing feature a la Amaze that Honda had advertised?
Old 17th September 2019, 19:41   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Did you drive in the rain? How do you rate the visibility vis-a-vis halogen lamps?

I had been to Pride Honda, Hyderabad, the other day. On a red WRV on display there was a cube measuring about 30cm made of paper. It was an ad declaring the car's safety. It claimed to have a 5-Star rating from ASEAN CAP. I haven't seen any mention of it even in Honda's website. 2016 was the year of validation mentioned. I guess WRV came to market in 2017. Is there some anomaly?

The newly launched V version looks quite nice. Except the sunroof and the leather steering wheel cover, there's nothing to differentiate it from VX.

Does anyone know if the windshield and other glasses of WRV come with heat absorbing feature a la Amaze that Honda had advertised?
Although I haven't driven in rain I know that the visibility is less than halogens when it is raining. I used to turn on the halogen fog lamps in such situations. Will practice the same in the WRV.

I am not sure of the 5 Star rating, although the same car is sold in Brazil also and perhaps they did test the crash worthiness.

There are a few more differences in the newly launched V and the new VX . Apart from the Sunroof and the leather wrapped steering wheel the VX also gets rear parking sensors along with the camera. Perhaps the V also gets them, I am not sure. I have the older VX which does not have the rear parking sensors.

Overall it's a cool city car and the diesel has oodles of low end torque and you can putter around in 3rd or 4th all day. Amazing fuel efficiency to top it all. I get 20+ in Bangalore local traffic.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 09:39   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Quote:
Although I haven't driven in rain I know that the visibility is less than halogens when it is raining. I used to turn on the halogen fog lamps in such situations. Will practice the same in the WRV.
I used original Philips H7 LEDs (not made in China) for an year. And they were the most useless bit on my car. Even less useful than the left door key-hole. Literally gave them away for free (had costed me about 10k for the pair!) .In our monsoons LEDs are absolutely redundant if installed as an aftermarket fitment in headlamps that were designed for halogens. Our roads are full of potholes, have no lane / edge markings & are full of morons coming at us with high beams at rate of knots (I wonder how they can see so well!).

LEDs are very good - but only if they are installed in housings and reflector designs that are specifically made with LED as application mode. The XL6, InnovaCrysta, Honda City top trim for instance, have stock LED setup & its very good. For halogen housings, XV+ / NB+ are a better bet in actual road utility if you want to stick to stock headlamp setup. LEDs are only useful for bling and upmarket look.
Especially in H4 spec lighting, LED high-beams on halogen reflectors really blind the oncoming traffic (and yet don't show us the road any better!).

If you don't really get any better visibility compared to the stock halogens with your LED setup - I'd suggest to go back to halogens. Own & family's safety over looks please.

Last edited by Reinhard : 18th September 2019 at 09:51.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 10:06   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I used original Philips H7 LEDs (not made in China) for an year. And they were the most useless bit on my car. Even less useful than the left door key-hole. Literally gave them away for free (had costed me about 10k for the pair!) .In our monsoons LEDs are absolutely redundant if installed as an aftermarket fitment in headlamps that were designed for halogens. Our roads are full of potholes, have no lane / edge markings & are full of morons coming at us with high beams at rate of knots (I wonder how they can see so well!).

LEDs are very good - but only if they are installed in housings and reflector designs that are specifically made with LED as application mode. The XL6, InnovaCrysta, Honda City top trim for instance, have stock LED setup & its very good. For halogen housings, XV+ / NB+ are a better bet in actual road utility if you want to stick to stock headlamp setup. LEDs are only useful for bling and upmarket look.
Especially in H4 spec lighting, LED high-beams on halogen reflectors really blind the oncoming traffic (and yet don't show us the road any better!).

If you don't really get any better visibility compared to the stock halogens with your LED setup - I'd suggest to go back to halogens. Own & family's safety over looks please.
I agree with you in the monsoon part. The visibility really comes down and that is the fault of the color temperature these LED's are usually supplied. The more whiter the light the less visibility it has in rains.

I am the last person to put in LED's for bling. I did it purely for visibility and I am quite happy with the results. Safety first is most important.

Regarding the other points, my experience has been quite the opposite. On both the Pajero SFX that I had earlier and the Honda WRV now the LED bulbs have really improved the visibility. The beam cutoff patterns are clear and defined and near identical to halogens. There is no dazzling to incoming traffic too.

Perhaps you tried LED's quite some time ago when the technology had not advanced as much as it is now or the Philip's you used were for a specific application. The LED's coming now at least from the seller I buy are specifically made for replacing the normal halogen bulbs. Have a look at the link I posted earlier, it has details on how the bulb is designed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks