Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2020, 21:53   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_swamy View Post
Hi guys,

Somehow I have formatted my navigation card provided by the Honda.
I tried in many of the Service centers for the new one, but they say that it comes with the Vehicle and can't be sold separately.

Can someone help me out how to get the iGO data files required for the memory card to function as a Navigation car?
As far as I know a new card is available but you have to pay for the same. They won't provide just the files. It seems the card and data files are somehow interlinked and they don't work if you copy the files to a new data card.

I tried making a backup of the data card and then tried restoring it to a new one but it gave me a license error when I tried it. I even made a block copy and even that did not work. So I suspect the card is linked either to the files in it or to the media unit or both.
Old 8th September 2020, 21:58   #347

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
As far as I know a new card is available but you have to pay for the same. They won't provide just the files. It seems the card and data files are somehow interlinked and they don't work if you copy the files to a new data card.

I tried making a backup of the data card and then tried restoring it to a new one but it gave me a license error when I tried it. I even made a block copy and even that did not work. So I suspect the card is linked either to the files in it or to the media unit or both.
Thank you for the reply.
Do you know how much they charge for the new card?
Old 9th September 2020, 00:43   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_swamy View Post
Thank you for the reply.
Do you know how much they charge for the new card?
I think it is Rs. 3500/- or Rs. 5000/-. I am not sure, you can call and ask from the accessories department of any Honda Dealership.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 08:00   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I think it is Rs. 3500/- or Rs. 5000/-. I am not sure, you can call and ask from the accessories department of any Honda Dealership.
I'll just check and update the details here👍🏻
Old 13th September 2020, 07:56   #350
BHPian

Throw that head unit away and get yourself a nice pioneer with CarPlay and/or Android auto. That’s what I did literally the day I got my WRV VX and have never regretted it!
thirdmainroad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 16:33   #351
BHPian

Is the WR-V petrol a better city car than the Jazz? Is it worth paying the premium in price?
Old 18th November 2020, 16:55   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aan nhu mare? View Post
Is the WR-V petrol a better city car than the Jazz? Is it worth paying the premium in price?
In my opinion, the Jazz with the CVT, is way better. What you are paying for, in the WR-V, is essentially more ground clearance & pretend SUV looks. The drivetrain is essentially the same.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 18:06   #353
BHPian

Is BS6 WRV Diesel SX/VX are worth buying these days? VX is priced at 11L Ex-showroom.
Old 19th November 2020, 23:00   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKB999 View Post
Is BS6 WRV Diesel SX/VX are worth buying these days? VX is priced at 11L Ex-showroom.
Well, I found the answer to this today by myself! Not worth- at least the diesel version.
Did a test drive on the BS6 version Petrol and Diesel MTs today. The 1.2L Petrol version is super silent and underpowered, as always! For this car they should have provided a tuned up version at least (1.5L is highly desirable though). Whereas the 1.5L iDtec is improved from its 2017 crude form though, the clatter is still audible and annoying to me. Drivability is superb in the Diesel version compared to the sluggish Petrol version. Steering is not a confidence inspiring one - same as the 2017 version. But the riding comfort is great compared to Nexon and EcoSport - WRV managed even bigger potholes not to be felt inside.
Equipment-wise rear passenger side is a big box of missing items. Important is still no 'Real' head restraints; the inbuilt pillow type is just for the name sake and not at all useful. There is no thigh support at all. Also the rear AC vents and power point are big miss for a car in this segment with this price tag. Infotainment is just an average and the rear camera visibility was very poor even in the daylight.
The only worthy thing I felt is the interior space, including the proper 3 persons rear seat.
Overall, 13.5L on-road for a Diesel vehicle with this equipment list is not worthy in my opinion. The Petrol version is much better (at least for the reliable engine) with a price tag of 11.4L on-road, for a city user.

Last edited by BKB999 : 19th November 2020 at 23:01.
BKB999 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 09:25   #355
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Well, I found the answer to this today by myself!
Overall, 13.5L on-road for a Diesel vehicle with this equipment list is not worthy in my opinion. The Petrol version is much better (at least for the reliable engine) with a price tag of 11.4L on-road, for a city user.
Had they priced top end of WRV diesel within 11.75L with sun roof as option it will definitely sell. Honda isn't bothering much on their cars other than City. Otherwise if you see all their cars are no nonsense buy. Many existing Honda owners return only to get another Honda.
Old 5th December 2020, 07:49   #356
BHPian

Folks,
Has anyone driven the new WRV 2020 with LED headlights? What's your comment regarding highway drive during night? Do you think if these lights are an upgrade over the halogen ones that existed earlier?
One is forced to use high beam during highway trips with the halogen bulbs. I guess the intense heat, even with stock headlights, is going to affect the longevity of the reflectors, at least.
Old 5th December 2020, 08:41   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Many existing Honda owners return only to get another Honda.
Quite honestly, there simply isnt much to return to anymore, unless you leap from say, the Jazz to a Civic.

Comparitively, there is value in someone moving from a Grand I10 to a Creta or even from a Tiago/Tigor to a Harrier.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 13:37   #358
BHPian

Quote:
This Diesel engine is worldclass. With its power and torque, I think it’s 200% worth it. Am getting milage of 24+ in out station drive and 18+ in city. After 30,000+ kms . My take is do not fall for the petrol vs diesel bs6 cost based debate on paper. On Road, be it highway, winding roads, ghat sections this diesel is far far ahead in all aspects.
Add that to Honda’s premium experience it’s totally worth it.

No cost benefit can provide you the stress free cruising at 100kmph experience in 6th gear at low ~2000 rpms, the in gear acceleration on highways from tons of torque and after every thing at end of day the tank is still half full.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 6th December 2020 at 13:43.
ownerofazkaban is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 11:55   #359
BHPian

I am looking closely at WR-V Diesel for replacing my close to 9 year old Vento 1.6 TDI. Due to my high daily run of approx 90 kms (of which some part is on expressway), I prefer the diesel version & am ok with Manual option too. As my budget is in between 10-12 lacs, I think this is the best option. I was looking at Ecosport, Nexon, Venue, Sonet but all except Nexon are out of my budget for their fully loaded versions in Diesel guise. Did not consider XUV 300 as boot space is also of importance to me. My question to WR-V owners -

1. Not sure if some have driven VW diesels, but they are also not the most refined in terms of noise - so is the WR-V engine better in that respect?
2. How are the regular interval (10K kms) service costs on an avg.? Do the service center try to fleece money like VW/ Skoda ones (my 15 K kms service cost on an avg has been approx 12K)
3. Has anyone encountered issue with fixed headrests in back seats? In my case these will be occupied by elderly and / or kids who are at max 5 ft 7 in.
4. Does the boot space suffice for small family trips with say - 2 full size suitcases, 1/2 full size skybag and 1/2 laptop bags?
5. Does the rear suspension sag under full load?
6. The design of rear wiper - i have seen in showroom that it does not perform a full sweep but rather only covers till 3/4th of rear glass - how has it been in rains?
7. Request team members if the OEM infotainment system is good - as i do not like to fiddle much with these equipments and only go for top end. In last few posts, have seen some issues highlighted with the system
8. How has been the parts cost which come with high run of diesel engine like timing belt, clutch assembly, engine oil etc.?

Apologies for long queries for vehicle, but my search has just started for replacing my beloved Vento TDI

Last edited by Turbo_anup : 12th December 2020 at 11:58. Reason: Spelling check
Old 13th December 2020, 21:35   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_anup View Post
I am looking closely at WR-V Diesel for replacing my close to 9 year old Vento 1.6 TDI. Due to my high daily run of approx 90 kms (of which some part is on expressway), I prefer the diesel version & am ok with Manual option too. As my budget is in between 10-12 lacs, I think this is the best option. I was looking at Ecosport, Nexon, Venue, Sonet but all except Nexon are out of my budget for their fully loaded versions in Diesel guise. Did not consider XUV 300 as boot space is also of importance to me. My question to WR-V owners -

1. Not sure if some have driven VW diesels, but they are also not the most refined in terms of noise - so is the WR-V engine better in that respect?
2. How are the regular interval (10K kms) service costs on an avg.? Do the service center try to fleece money like VW/ Skoda ones (my 15 K kms service cost on an avg has been approx 12K)
3. Has anyone encountered issue with fixed headrests in back seats? In my case these will be occupied by elderly and / or kids who are at max 5 ft 7 in.
4. Does the boot space suffice for small family trips with say - 2 full size suitcases, 1/2 full size skybag and 1/2 laptop bags?
5. Does the rear suspension sag under full load?
6. The design of rear wiper - i have seen in showroom that it does not perform a full sweep but rather only covers till 3/4th of rear glass - how has it been in rains?
7. Request team members if the OEM infotainment system is good - as i do not like to fiddle much with these equipments and only go for top end. In last few posts, have seen some issues highlighted with the system
8. How has been the parts cost which come with high run of diesel engine like timing belt, clutch assembly, engine oil etc.?

Apologies for long queries for vehicle, but my search has just started for replacing my beloved Vento TDI
1. We have two Diesel WRV's. They have improved the noise level with newer models. It is still not silent and the engine does make itself felt clearly inside the cabin at low speeds. At highway speeds you will not hear anything at all. It cruises at 100 with the rpm barely above 1400 rpm if I am not mistaken. The sixth gear is great for highway cuisine and mileage. It return in excess of 24kmpl on highway with full 4 passengers and luggage.

2. Average service cost is 2.5 to 3.5k per service including oil change. The service is straightforward and no attempt at fleecing.

3. We are mostly a family of 5.7 to 6
1 tall. We haven't encountered any issues with the back head rests.

4. The boot is quite large and with smart placement you can accommodate all that you mentioned. Perhaps two small and a full size suitcases would be better accommodated.

5. No sagging of the rear suspension. The car maintains it stance with or without load. No bottoming out either. Haven't scraped the bottom in last 3 years now.

6. Frankly I never notices the rear wiper sweep till you mentioned it. Hasn't been a concern either.

7. The new infotainment system called Digipad 2 is good enough. The earlier ones were really slow and laggy. The new ones are much better. Sound quality is reasonably good.

8. Don't know the prices of these parts but you can check on boodmo.com to see the prices.

What will feel different from the Vento is the the overall build quality and solidity. The WRV is a light vehicle and no where near the solid build quality of VW cars. Its not bad, but don't expect the levels of noise insulation or sheet metal quality and even paint quality to match the VW.

The WRV diesel is very easy and light to drive and takes bad roads with aplomb. It handles great has sharp brakes and overall puts a smile on your face. I prefer to take this out for all my local trips and even good highway trips as compared to my Polo GT TSI or even the Compass.

There is lot of space in the passenger area and you really feel good. The front seats are also very supportive and broad.
Traveler is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks