Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2019, 17:48   #271
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm wondering why Honda isn't thinking about a WR-V automatic? Isn't this now the only sub-4m "Urban SUV" that doesn't have an automatic variant at all?
I have been told by a dealer that an automatic WRV will kill Jazz. I think its quite logical
Old 14th August 2019, 18:24   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
I have been told by a dealer that an automatic WRV will kill Jazz. I think its quite logical
On the contrary its quite illogical!

WRV gives Honda far more margin than what Jazz does. Its priced at an undue premium over Jazz and people are ready to pay it evidently. So it doesn't make sense to not sell a WRV because it will result in Jazz sales drop.

People who want an automatic CSUV are going out of Honda showroom altogether. Is it better to lose a Jazz sale to WRV or to lose a customer altogether?
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 10:03   #273
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Its like the Indian customer is eternally cursed to not have the exact combination of features he or she wants! One thing or the other is always missing!
This has a sun-roof - and no automatic.

I mean, whats the blocker? Some numerological or feng-shui thing says WR-V automatic will bring in doomsday at Honda?

I could not agree more.

It is indeed like we are eternally death-cursed by these manufacturers and condemned forever to second rate treatment as compared to world markets and even South East Asia for Gods sake!

Looks like only the CBU/ CKD Euro vehicles are likely to give us the features that we want.

Even simple things like passenger seat height adjustment, number of airbags on offer, split flat foldable rear seats, Traction Control, AT Transmission, Rear Wiper (for Heaven's sake!)
And so on.

Simple things like I said.
And these manufacturers skimp on them.

And the prices here in India are so high!
shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 06:11   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Do the doors on the Honda WR-V auto lock after starting the car and driving off? In my vehicle the doors do not lock automatically. I was wondering if this feature is absent on the WR-V.

Is there any setting that needs to be enabled for this or is this feature totally absent.

Actually the new WRV which is in production from July 2019 has this as standard feature. Along with this, it also has rear parking sensor in the VX trim.
You can go on the Honda site and see this in the list of features for the WRV.
tituni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 10:22   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tituni View Post
Actually the new WRV which is in production from July 2019 has this as standard feature. Along with this, it also has rear parking sensor in the VX trim.
You can go on the Honda site and see this in the list of features for the WRV.
Yes you are correct. They have introduced these features recently. They now have 3 trims available instead of three earlier two and also raised prices for the top model.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2019, 18:41   #276
BHPian

In the market to buy a new csuv, I have a family of 5.
Everybody except me like the wrv more than other cars because of the space that it offers and honda reliability. Also the discounts are good.

I don't like the interiors at all, does not feel like I am sitting in a million rupee car, they are just too bland.
Even the petrol engine is boring, my 14 year old swift zxi's engine feels the same even after clocking more than 1.20 lakh kms.

The only saving grace is the sunroof because I love using the sunroof in delhi winters and while in the mountains, have one in my optra.

Venue's success has gone to Hyundai's head I guess, their attitude has gone through the roof. Had a bad experience twice at their dealership.

So we might end up with a wrv, guess I will have to look for options to spice up the interiors with a touch of tan leather for door pads and seats.
Any idea if the lower part of dash can also be wrapped in the same material as that of the seats? There is too much black for my liking because my swift also has black interiors.
Aksthedreamer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 13:43   #277
BHPian

We finally booked the wrv.
I realised later on that may be I can live with the interiors but will definitely miss the fun to drive factor.
So convinced dad for the diesel version. Agreed diesel too is not a rocket, but much better than the petrol version and power is more than enough to enjoy it.
lower fuel cost is another added bonus.
Old 1st September 2019, 16:30   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post
So we might end up with a wrv, guess I will have to look for options to spice up the interiors with a touch of tan leather for door pads and seats.
Any idea if the lower part of dash can also be wrapped in the same material as that of the seats? There is too much black for my liking because my swift also has black interiors.
You may wish to check this guy out in Delhi. I came across videos of modified xuv300 with Tan PU seat covers and tan wraps on dash board

Sridhar K is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 20:15   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aksthedreamer View Post
We finally booked the wrv.
Agreed diesel too is not a rocket, but much better than the petrol version and power is more than enough to enjoy it.
lower fuel cost is another added bonus.
Congrats and wish you happy miles! the space and fuel efficiency will keep you happy. WR-V is the best car for elderly people in this segment.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 21:01   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Congrats and wish you happy miles! the space and fuel efficiency will keep you happy. WR-V is the best car for elderly people in this segment.
Thank you, your posts on this thread about your experience with wrv really helped me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
You may wish to check this guy out in Delhi. I came across videos of modified xuv300 with Tan PU seat covers and tan wraps on dash board
Thank you for sharing the links, I think I saw some other videos of this guy on youtube. I will look for options once the car arrives.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd September 2019 at 17:57. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 6th September 2019, 09:59   #281
Senior - BHPian

To all WRV owners, every time I start the car the Radio turns on automatically. Is there a way to stop that from happening. It should ideally go back to whatever mode it was in prior to the car being switched off.

Plus the fact that FM radio volume is much louder at the same vokume setting than other sources.

So every time you have been listening to Bluetooth streaming music and you stop and start your car the FM turns back on at blaring volume...
Old 6th September 2019, 10:06   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To all WRV owners, every time I start the car the Radio turns on automatically. Is there a way to stop that from happening. It should ideally go back to whatever mode it was in prior to the car being switched off.
Are you using the stock Head unit or an after market stereo? Stock head units have built in AVL, it looks like a wiring issue.
Old 6th September 2019, 10:16   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Are you using the stock Head unit or an after market stereo? Stock head units have built in AVL, it looks like a wiring issue.
It's the stock unit. And we have 2 WRV's ar home. It happens in both. Can't be a wiring issue. The reverts to FM radio in both. There are different volume levels that can be set for different sources but the problem is that the volume levels are not uniform. So if you set volume level 10 for bluetooth and Phone and the knob is on position 10 then the phone and bluetooth volumes are okay, however the FM volume is much louder even though the knob is on 10.
Old 6th September 2019, 10:32   #284
BANNED

Quote:

Plus the fact that FM radio volume is much louder at the same volume setting than other sources.
Even the same thing happens in my Nano, initially thought it was an issue and needs to be checked but later found out it was an inbuilt feature. Every time I start the car, FM radio also switches on automatically, if it wasn't preset to any station then it would make a loud irritating noise. Thought it was unique to Tata Nano until now, it's an irritating feature.

And yes the FM radio volume is louder than it would be with aux and bluetooth.
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 01:11   #285
BHPian

Quote:

Plus the fact that FM radio volume is much louder at the same vokume setting than other sources.

So every time you have been listening to Bluetooth streaming music and you stop and start your car the FM turns back on at blaring volume...

In my WRV, whenever I start the car, after clicking on the 'OK' button, the unit resumes from whatever it was playing at the time of switching off the previous time. So, I guess it's a software issue that can be rectified by flashing the software at the service centre.
FM volume is higher than Bluetooth streaming in my WRV too and this has been the case in all my previous vehicles as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks