Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2020, 22:32   #331
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

What Honda means by Advanced Led Rear Combination Lamp? How are they different from the existing functional experience?
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2020, 11:53   #332
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
2020 BS6 Honda WR-V Spied In Stockyard : Gets lower fuel efficiency.
If I'm not mistaken about the alloy wheel design - this might be one of the rarest "face-lifts" in last decade where the car continued to even use the SAME alloy wheels. Talk of subtle face-lifts. Its almost not noticeable at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
What Honda means by Advanced Led Rear Combination Lamp? How are they different from the existing functional experience?
Well first of all - the cost & price advance when you use LEDs in car in place of halogens. Due to the premium quotient associated with them.

On a functional side - if the brake lights are also LED in addition to the position lamps - it has a certain advantage over halogens. The illumination response time of LEDs and brightness on offer is far better compared to halogens of same specification. Faster and brighter brake lights mean the driver of the car behind has that much more fraction of seconds to see you slow down and react earlier. These fractions of seconds surely save lives many times. For this purpose - I replaced the halogen brake lignts in my Nexon to LEDs within a month or two of purchasing the car.
Old 21st May 2020, 08:24   #333
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda's CUV reaches dealerships, ready to launch.

Honda WR-V : Official Review-a3.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-a2.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-a4.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-a6.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-a7.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 11:23   #334
BHPian

I was hoping against hope that Honda would give that creamy 1.5L petrol to the WR-V. Petrol enthusiast might have to look elsewhere now. Plus, still no adjustable rear headrests? What about rear AC vents?
Old 21st May 2020, 12:27   #335
Senior - BHPian

If you wrap the chrome strip in black film the front end will look like it has a gaping wide hole now thanks to the new grille design
Old 21st May 2020, 13:23   #336
Senior - BHPian

2020 WR-V is expected to have just two trims SV and VX for each engine option.
Petrol and diesel models to have different alloy-wheel designs too.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...ariants-417362
Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2020, 13:37   #337
BHPian

I like the new front end and rear lights. Wish they had offered CVT diesel from the Amaze and 1.5L petrol from the City. It already has the best space among all sub-4m crossovers, giving it (and the Jazz too) these in-house engine and transmission options would have surely given the other good-looking but pseudo CSUVs a run for their money. It seems like Honda doesn't really want to sell it. People have been blaming the Altroz which is a hatchback for not having a 1.2 turbo available in-house with Tata and here is Honda, not giving its so called SUV a proper engine with enough grunt.
Time_Machine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 08:50   #338
Senior - BHPian

ARAI mileage for the BS6 WR-V petrol is 16.5kpl; the diesel is rated at 23.7kpl

Compared to the BS4 models, the BS6 petrol WR-V is 1kpl down while the diesel version is 1.8kpl lower.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...by-arai-417380
Old 26th May 2020, 13:56   #339
BHPian

I visited Honda showroom today to check out WRV. The BS4 is totally out of stock and the SA mentioned that the BS6 variant will launch on June'20 1st week. He said the VX Diesel variant was 12.75 lakhs on-road price here, BS6 is supposed to be a bit costlier.
Old 5th June 2020, 19:13   #340
Senior - BHPian

Today the vanity mirror cover on the left side sun visor just dropped down while my wife was opening it. It has probably been opened 5 or 6 times since we bought the car last year. On closer examination I saw that it is held in place on two small plastic bits on both sides acting as a a hinge.

Poor plastic and design in my opinion.

Has anyone experienced this on their WRV. I am wondering if I should get a new visor or let it be like this.
Old 16th June 2020, 15:09   #341
Senior - BHPian

Diesel WRV owners, I need your help in figuring out whether the noise from the engine of my car is normal or something I should get checked.

The car has done only 4.5k kms till now. The usual sound of diesel clatter is heard when accelerating and I guess that is normal.

However when you leave the accelerator while slowing down, the sound subsides. However when the car is coasting the clatter or whirring sound can be heard occasionally and it comes and goes with the car's motion. It seems when coasting if the car is completely free of resistance then there is no sound, however if the car encounters a small road undulation like a slope then the sound occurs again while the car is going over the slope.

It sounds similar to the normal engine clatter however it varies with the load on the engine when coasting.

I hope it makes sense. It's tough to explain.

If I press the clutch the engine is relieved of the load and the sound disappears.

I thought it may be the clutch or release bearing but both of them are fine and there is no issue in driving or any sort of engine issue. The clutch is fine and the engine is smooth and fuel efficiency is great.

To put it simply, there is this usual engine sound that comes when you are accelerating, this sound dies down when coasting but if a slight downward slope is encountered then the sound comes again for the time the car is being pushed. Something like when the wheels are driving the engine with the accelerator pedal not pressed.

Do let me know if you hear this sound and if this is normal or should I be concerned.
Old 24th June 2020, 00:41   #342
Senior - BHPian

So after multiple test drives at the Honda Dealer, the sound mentioned in the previous post has been identified to be most likely from the clutch release bearing.

The sound does not follow the established norms for a bad release bearing.

I still have my doubts about it.

The SA made a detailed video of the sound and sent it to Honda for verification.

Today we received information from Honda that it is most likely the Release Bearing and some Dowel Pin that is rattling.

They have agreed to replace it under warranty and the parts should arrive by next week.

Will post the results once it is replaced.

All WRV Diesel owners should listen carefully for any signs of the sound I explained earlier. It's not usually noticeable but its definitely present especially when the car is fully warmed up. If you notice this then reach out to your dealer.
Traveler is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 21:31   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuj_afc View Post
I was hoping against hope that Honda would give that creamy 1.5L petrol to the WR-V. Petrol enthusiast might have to look elsewhere now. Plus, still no adjustable rear headrests? What about rear AC vents?
I was in the market looking for a new car and was hoping that they would come up with automatic with 1.5L. I was even ready to pay for diesel+CVT combination even though my usage doesn't merit diesel. I was disappointed. Just for fun, I drove BSIV WR-V petrol and felt it underpowered in lower rpms. Anyway, I dropped idea of a new car and bought Used Honda City CVT instead.
daredevil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 22:33   #344
Senior - BHPian

Got the third free service done today. My car is a 2019 July Diesel variant. The total expense was Rs. 3053 which included a fumigation charge of Rs. 1080. Overall the serivce quality was excellent and I had no problems to report. The car has done only 5100 kms till now. They changed the oil and oil filter and did a complete overall check as per their SoP.

The mileage is hovering around 21 kmpl with AC in Bangalore and it puts a smile on my face everytime.

The handling is fantastic and it is really chuckable around corners and brakes are sharp and progressive.

The noise I reported earlier while coasting was again checked today and it seems it is the usual Honda Idtec noise, so I did not opt for getting the clutch opened to check. Its better to observe and see if the noise increases or not. It has been noted in the service notes and they agreed to cover it in warranty later in case needed. Perhaps I am being paranoid about the noise.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 23:09   #345

Hi guys,

Somehow I have formatted my navigation card provided by the Honda.
I tried in many of the Service centers for the new one, but they say that it comes with the Vehicle and can't be sold separately.

Can someone help me out how to get the iGO data files required for the memory card to function as a Navigation car?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks