Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2018, 09:24   #181
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
All hopes of Honda getting the 1.5L iVTEC engine and A/T option in the WR-V seem to be fading away. Its been more than a year since the car was launched and Honda seems to be "happy" with the modest sales figures.

I remember a post from member RavenAvi about the possibility of 1.5 iVTEC and A/T combo coming up around July last year. I have been keenly following this thread for further updates on that. And the wait still continues.
Even i have been closely following it up but now now the hopes are completely fading away. Most likely honda will line up HRV next year with CVT. As quoted by many of the members since Jazz is equipped with AT, Honda won't bring it in WRV. The focus is on selling WRV in diesel.
Old 12th April 2018, 10:13   #182
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, We took the delivery of WR V Edge Edition. It was a working day, so I and my daughter went to take the delivery. Experience at Honda Dealership was nice.

Honda WR-V : Official Review-1111.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-2222.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
They can sell their existing inventory of S variant with camera and sensor as Edge Edition. They don't even have the badge of Edge Edition on the car.
WR-V Edge Edition is basically S MT variant with the added reverse camera, sensors and ugly looking Edge badge.

Honda WR-V : Official Review-3333.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-5555.jpg
SJM1214 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 12:26   #183
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on buying a WR-V, Honda has made a mess trying to differentiate between S and VX variants. The double din fascia available in the market to fit an after market HU is expensive and of inferior quality. Honda is playing safe by allowing the dealers to fit these accessories.
Old 12th April 2018, 12:40   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Congrats on buying a WR-V, Honda
Thanks, deehunk.

Quote:
Honda has made a mess trying to differentiate between S and VX variants. Honda is playing safe by allowing the dealers to fit these accessories.
Base variant modified to Edge Edition variant actually turned out to be a VFM for me. I got a stylish crossover with the Reverse camera, Sensors, alloy rims under my budget.

Last edited by SJM1214 : 12th April 2018 at 12:44.
Old 14th April 2018, 12:21   #185
Senior - BHPian

Honda makes one-off WR-V turbo.

Quote:
Motoring journalists in Brazil were in for a welcome surprise at the domestic media drive of the new Civic Si. The surprise element was the pace car for the track session – a souped-up version of the WR-V
Quote:
Powering this version of the WR-V was Honda’s new-gen, turbocharged 1.5-litre VTEC petrol engine, with power said to be in the region of 165hp. Honda engineers at the event reportedly claimed the engine could be made to produce 211hp by increasing the turbo’s boost pressure. The power figures are a far cry from the 90hp the India-spec WR-V petrol’s 1.2-litre engine produces. Interestingly, the stock WR-V sold in Brazil comes powered by a 115hp, 1.5-litre petrol engine.
Quote:
Engine aside, the WR-V at the event also sported a lowered suspension, larger 17-inch wheels and an enhanced braking package. But, before you get too excited about the prospect of a hot WR-V, you should know that this particular car is a one-off product and was built as a pace car concept by Honda.
Honda WR-V : Official Review-1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20180413061353_wr3x.jpg

Honda WR-V : Official Review-1_578_872_0_100_http___cdni.autocarindia.com_extraimages_20180413061354_wrv2.jpg

New & Image Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...v-turbo-408031
SJM1214 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th April 2018, 18:51   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Unless you plan to do very high speed runs in the wet your Bridgestone should be just fine.
Thank you for that. I havent been able to check messages. Incidentally, my vehicle came with the Michelin Green ones. Took delivery two days ago. So far so good.
Old 24th April 2018, 10:24   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
The air-con's cooling capability is excellent.
Not agree with this statement.

Our WR-V(Petrol) is 12days/400kms old. I find the AC in our car very inefficient. Even after 2 hours of drive, AC is not able to cool entire cabin. Rear passengers keep asking( complaining) to decrease temperature or increase the Fan speed. Rear Ac vents could be helpful. My MS Brezza's AC is far better than WR-V's AC.

Any other WR-V owner faced this issue?

Last edited by SJM1214 : 24th April 2018 at 10:33. Reason: Added Petrol.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 10:39   #188
BHPian

I have a 3 week old WRV VX Diesel. And I have done 2200 KMS in it, all on the highway. In sweltering 42 degree heat, I set the AC to 22 degrees and after an hour of driving my children seated at the rear felt cold and wanted to increase the temperature. I have moved from Honda City (Petrol) to WRV (Diesel) and I find that the WRV AC is better than the City's. Do you drive a petrol or a diesel? Maybe there is a difference in the cooling power of the petrol and diesel versions. You may want to bring it up during the first service.
Old 24th April 2018, 10:49   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iVtec View Post
I have a 3 week old WRV VX Diesel. And I have done 2200 KMS in it, all on the highway. In sweltering 42 degree heat, I set the AC to 22 degrees and after an hour of driving my children seated at the rear felt cold and wanted to increase the temperature. I have moved from Honda City (Petrol) to WRV (Diesel) and I find that the WRV AC is better than the City's. Do you drive a petrol or a diesel? Maybe there is a difference in the cooling power of the petrol and diesel versions. You may want to bring it up during the first service.
We too have a diesel WRV and there is no issue with the AC. The coming summer's will be the real test.

BTW in your 2200 kilometres what was the average fuel consumption you got.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 10:56   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you drive a petrol or a diesel? Maybe there is a difference in the cooling power of the petrol and diesel versions. You may want to bring it up during the first service.
Ours is a WR-V Edge Edition petrol. I raised the same query in WR-V owners FB group. As per diesel WR-V owners, AC is perfect. However, most of the WR-V Petrol owners are agree with me. Some of them suggested sun films or shades. IMO, it is not a proper solution. WR-V Edge Edition, which is practically a base variant ( S) doesn't come with auto climate.
SJM1214 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 11:58   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
We too have a diesel WRV and there is no issue with the AC. The coming summer's will be the real test.

BTW in your 2200 kilometres what was the average fuel consumption you got.

I got a mileage of 21.2 tank full to tank full. The mid displayed 21.6. This was with 5 people on board and a boot full of luggage, with 100% AC.
iVtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 12:28   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJM1214 View Post
Not agree with this statement.

Our WR-V(Petrol) is 12days/400kms old. I find the AC in our car very inefficient. Even after 2 hours of drive, AC is not able to cool entire cabin.
Any other WR-V owner faced this issue?
I agree with you. Dad has WR-V S petrol. I travelled in it a few days ago in afternoon & found AC insufficient in front seatafter running it for 15-20 minutes at blower speed 3. Our Xcent AC feels better than this, even though it also has scope for improvement as mentioned in my review
AkMar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 13:35   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I got a mileage of 21.2 tank full to tank full. The mid displayed 21.6. This was with 5 people on board and a boot full of luggage, with 100% AC.
That's awesome. I feel envious, my Pajero will return 9 or 10 at the most even on highways. This is a very important factor now. Fuel prices are shooting through the roof.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 14:10   #194
Senior - BHPian

Even the petrol variant of WR-V delivers excellent FE of 16+ kmpl on highways with AC and 5 occupants. The AC is powerful but it takes some effort to set the vents in proper position. I set the mid vents facing rear seat when there are 5 passengers, the vents close to the driver and co-driver seats are set slightly at an angle to direct air towards front and rear seats. I will try to post an image of AC vents in my WR-V.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2018, 18:16   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Even the petrol variant of WR-V delivers excellent FE of 16+ kmpl on highways with AC and 5 occupants. The AC is powerful but it takes some effort to set the vents in proper position.

Is there a drop in power when the AC is set to coolest level in Petrol version? There is no difference in power in the diesel version. The engine is quite torquey and pulls cleanly even with AC set to coolest level. The only thing I didn't like is the 5th gear. I feel its ratio is very short and I am moving from 4th to 6th directly.
iVtec is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks