Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2019, 11:41   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
I got a Honda WRV iDtec VX on September 24,2018. I have now driven 17,500 KM in it.
That is a great review and first hand experience from an owner. I am glad you find the car great value for money.

We own the same car and it's with my father. I have only driven it about a 100 odd kms hence do not have much to share.

I do however keep hearing about hard gear changes and the front suspension bottoming out sounds from a number of people.

Have you experienced any of these two issues. The complain is that changing gears is quite hard and the car suspension is pretty useless over the rumble strip kind of speed breakers.

Your feedback on these two issues will really help.

Last edited by ampere : 5th July 2019 at 11:50. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 5th July 2019, 11:48   #257
BHPian

Re: Honda WR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
I do however keep hearing about hard gear changes and the front suspension bottoming out sounds from a number of people.
Not at all! I've taken the car over rough terrain and also flown over a few speed rumblers at high speeds missing them. The suspension does it's job wonderfully and the car maintains stability and control. And neither me nor anyone else who has driven the car felt that the gears are hard to change. At times if you try to slot the gear into first or second at higher speeds the gear will protest but under normal driving conditions the gear shift is very slick.

Last edited by ampere : 5th July 2019 at 11:50. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 5th July 2019, 12:00   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Have you experienced any of these two issues. The complain is that changing gears is quite hard and the car suspension is pretty useless over the rumble strip kind of speed breakers.

Your feedback on these two issues will really help.
My dad has a petrol version and the gears are indeed very hard to shift. May be the 6 speed box of diesel is better.

I am not too impressed with suspension either. Rear passengers complain of bumpy ride. Our Xcent handles much better than the WRV. I find the steering also lifeless and too light at highway speeds.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2019, 14:53   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdmainroad View Post
Not at all! I've taken the car over rough terrain and also flown over a few speed rumblers at high speeds missing them. The suspension does it's job wonderfully and the car maintains stability and control. And neither me nor anyone else who has driven the car felt that the gears are hard to change. At times if you try to slot the gear into first or second at higher speeds the gear will protest but under normal driving conditions the gear shift is very slick.
I just did a test drive on a 2000 kms run Honda WRV Diesel VX. I found the ride to be quite supple and controlled. The suspension will crash only on deep potholes at very fast speeds. Normal rumble strips and average pot holes are dismissed without any drama.

The steering is very light and a breeze in city drive. Not sure how much it will weigh up on highway speeds. Will need to be careful. It quite sensitive.

The seats are supple, not too hard like the SCross and neither too soft. The back support is great. I am 6' and was able to find a comfortable position quite easily. The steering reach adjustment is also healthy.

The engine is good if kept in its powerband, it simply feels dead below 1800 to 2000 rpm. I floored the accelerator at around 1300 rpm in second gear and there was no acceleration at all till the car crossed 1800 rpm. After 1800 rpm there is a rush albeit controlled one and the car gathers speed quickly.

Similarly while overtaking a downshift to one lower gear brings on oodles of torque and the car zips away.

I think the WRV is a great city ride which can amble around in 4th or 5th gear easily. The car does not stall on starting even if there is no accelerator input.

On the highway it will need to be kept in its powerband if you want to do some spirited driving.

I guess the reason for the phenomenon fuel economy is the engine's tuning , it is tuned to potter around the town or cruise on a highway in 6th gear and in both those situations it will return very good mileage.

There is power available and can be extracted when needed by a simple downshift.

The clutch and gear shift were both very slick and smooth. The brakes were also really good with lot of progressive bite and stopping power. We were 4 adults in the car and the brakes posed no problems.

Overall I think it's great value for money. The top spec Idtec VX is under 10L ex showroom and there is a 50k discount available. On road in Bangalore it should be around 11.5.L.

In this money you get a very spacious, fuel efficient, safe and feature loaded car with Sun Roof too. Ofcourse normal stuff like ABS, EBD, Start Stop button etc are all there too.
Traveler is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th July 2019, 15:36   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...95-lakh-413435

Honda has launched the mid-spec V Diesel variant which seems to retain most of the features of the VX (except the sunroof and a couple of smaller items) for under 10 lakh ex-showroom price.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 14:37   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To all WRV owners, what type of floor mats are you using. The ones given to us were totally worthless and to top it off they misplaced one of those during the first service. I am looking for customized floor mats for WRV and not the generic ones that you need to cut and fit.

Anyone got the original Honda WRV mats or any other aftermarket one please share your feedback.
Any tips on Honda WRV floor mats? Looking for a cousin's car in CCU.
Old 27th July 2019, 20:06   #262
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting here for the benefit of WRV users.

I got the TPLink TL-WN725N 150 Mbps USB Dongle from Amazon. It works flawlessly with the Digipad in the Honda WRV in case somebody wants to use it.

Amazon is currently shipping version 3 of this dongle and that works perfectly. The chipset as pointed in the Honda and WRV ICE thread is indeed RTL8188EU.
Old 3rd August 2019, 23:05   #263
Senior - BHPian

Do the doors on the Honda WR-V auto lock after starting the car and driving off? In my vehicle the doors do not lock automatically. I was wondering if this feature is absent on the WR-V.

Is there any setting that needs to be enabled for this or is this feature totally absent.
Old 5th August 2019, 09:33   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any tips on Honda WRV floor mats? Looking for a cousin's car in CCU.
Check the Black Sportivo Mats from Elegant Auto on Amazon. I just ordered a set. They look to be good and am have a 5 star rating.

https://www.amazon.in/Elegant-Sporti...le=Honda%3AWRV
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 10:57   #265
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Check the Black Sportivo Mats from Elegant Auto on Amazon. I just ordered a set. They look to be good and am have a 5 star rating.

https://www.amazon.in/Elegant-Sporti...le=Honda%3AWRV
Looks great but still pricey! I had recommended the 3D Kagu range to him but his budget is <2K. Problem is that there is no middle ground between the basic 1K mats and these Elegant or Kagu brands.
Old 5th August 2019, 11:29   #266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do the doors on the Honda WR-V auto lock after starting the car and driving off? In my vehicle the doors do not lock automatically. I was wondering if this feature is absent on the WR-V.
Is there any setting that needs to be enabled for this or is this feature totally absent.
No they dont. You have to always manually lock them. There is no known information about this being a dormant feature that can be activated via software in the India spec variant.

In the international WR-V / Jazz, this is a software & user controlled feature. It can be modified using combinations of the door lock-unlock buttons in particular sequence. It is properly documented in the user manual of the international model & on Honda international websites.

These steps are also missing in the India spec manual & website. So I'm guessing there is no way to activate it easily at least. I checked with 3 friends who have a WR-V and they could not get it activated via A-S-S when they checked either.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 11:45   #267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
No they dont. You have to always manually lock them. There is no known information about this being a dormant feature that can be activated via software in the India spec variant.

In the international WR-V / Jazz, this is a software & user controlled feature. It can be modified using combinations of the door lock-unlock buttons in particular sequence. It is properly documented in the user manual of the international model & on Honda international websites.

These steps are also missing in the India spec manual & website. So I'm guessing there is no way to activate it easily at least. I checked with 3 friends who have a WR-V and they could not get it activated via A-S-S when they checked either.
Such a waste. The India Jazz manual has the steps mentioned. Perhaps we can try those out. I will give it a try and update here.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 14:15   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Such a waste. The India Jazz manual has the steps mentioned. Perhaps we can try those out. I will give it a try and update here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post

Not sure about WR-V but the Indian Jazz does have auto-lock. Once we hit 20kmph the doors auto-lock. Mine is Feb,2019 CVT model and it has this feature from start.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 16:24   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm wondering why Honda isn't thinking about a WR-V automatic? Isn't this now the only sub-4m "Urban SUV" that doesn't have an automatic variant at all?

(Not counting the TUV300 as an urban SUV. Its a body on frame rough and tough thing - even that had an AMT till recent times.)

Its like the Indian customer is eternally cursed to not have the exact combination of features he or she wants! One thing or the other is always missing!
This has a sun-roof - and no automatic.

Honday should see that the WR-V does bring in numbers for it - only in its manual avatar. Give an automatic & they'll suddenly jump up. Especially since now Honda has mastered CVT with diesel also (Amaze 2nd Gen) the combination can give a superb edge to Honda in this segment flooded by AMTs and costly DCTs / TCs especially with diesels.

I mean, whats the blocker? Some numerological or feng-shui thing says WR-V automatic will bring in doomsday at Honda?

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th August 2019 at 16:25.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 16:51   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

I wonder if there is a technical limitation due to combination of torque rating and weight of the vehicle. Remember they had to de-tune the engine to produce less torque (160 NM instead of 200 NM) in the amaze CVT? WRV is based on the Jazz platform and heavier than the feather-weight Amaze, which is an emerging markets only car.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks