Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2017, 07:08   #406
Team-BHP Support

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfire View Post
Test Drive Attempt 2:
Reached the showroom today at 4 pm. Happy to see it open with lots of cars around and a crowd in the showroom.
Walked in and asked for a test drive “Sorry sir, gaadi ka pooja ho raha hai. Can’t give test Drive”
Guess its happening across brands. I visited TATA showroom (Aadya Motors) yesterday to check out the Nexon and the entire facility was just locked and closed, at 3PM on a Saturday in between the festival season!

Surprised cause the holiday season could actually bring a lot of footfalls and sales to the showroom.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 08:06   #407
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Surprised cause the holiday season could actually bring a lot of footfalls and sales to the showroom.
If you look at it from the perspective of their employees and their families, I guess, they would like to take time of for Pooja etc. Personally, I think it is okay to give them a break on major religious festival holidays.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 08:28   #408
BHPian

Did everyone get the Jeep keychain? Someone had posted a nice picture
Old 1st October 2017, 09:40   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
Did everyone get the Jeep keychain? Someone had posted a nice picture
I did get it and had posted the pic on my ownership thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189361
I think everyone gets it but the packaging is different. Some dealerships give it along with chocolates in a box.

Last edited by Behemoth : 1st October 2017 at 09:43.
Old 1st October 2017, 10:34   #410
BHPian

No, I did not get the keychain in Pune.. Nor did I get any chocolates. What I got was a small good luck plant and some ' pedhas' ( a traditional sweet ).
Old 1st October 2017, 19:01   #411
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
Tiny dealership network. Plus, after-sales quality & long-term reliability are unknown factors
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omkar View Post
You can extend the warranty by one or two years. We recommend the maximum coverage as internationally, Jeep SUVs are known for niggles & problems. They aren't exactly the last word in reliability.
Why we mentioned the above.

Thanks to Prakash for sharing. The rear LHS strut of his Jeep Compass Limited 4x2 is leaking already! 1,500 km on the odometer.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_0165.jpg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-img_0162.jpg
GTO is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 22:09   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Why we mentioned the above.

Thanks to Prakash for sharing. The rear LHS strut of his Jeep Compass Limited 4x2 is leaking already! 1,500 km on the odometer.

Attachment 1681253

Attachment 1681254
Thanks to the respective owner for coming out and sharing this to us.

I really didn't expect this from the Jeep atleast! Hope it is a one-off case and IMO FCA should be giving the owner a free strut replacement considering that the car has done only 1500 kms on the odo.

Seriously FCA? An SUV which is supposedly a global product and a capable vehicle off the road is suffering from a strut leakage that too in the early days of ownership which has negligible amount of miles on the odo. Can't say more than this.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 23:43   #413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy View Post
I really didn't expect this from the Jeep atleast! Hope it is a one-off case and IMO FCA should be giving the owner a free strut replacement considering that the car has done only 1500 kms on the odo.

Seriously FCA? An SUV which is supposedly a global product and a capable vehicle off the road is suffering from a strut leakage that too in the early days of ownership which has negligible amount of miles on the odo. Can't say more than this.
Why would one automatically assume that the car is faulty? Does one not need more information regarding how the strut has fallen into such a condition that its leaking.. I mean I'm no expert but a large portion of car "niggles" are to do with driver habits, isn't it?

Excuse my ignorance if that's how the question comes across, but I felt it's too easy a conclusion to blame the manufacturer without full information
psychogogo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 06:14   #414
Senior - BHPian

Isn't a Jeep supposed to be thrown at anything? Or am I missing something? It's the epitome of reliability world wide.

In the pic you can clearly see the leaking strut. This is a premium product. To me no small matter. Hope it's a one-off case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogogo View Post
Why would one automatically assume that the car is faulty? Does one not need more information regarding how the strut has fallen into such a condition that its leaking.. I mean I'm no expert but a large portion of car "niggles" are to do with driver habits, isn't it?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 2nd October 2017 at 09:02. Reason: Fixing quote tags
Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 09:16   #415
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
It's the epitome of reliability world wide.
Oh no, its not! Thats Toyota! Jeep is the epitome of go-anywhere attitude, not reliability.

JEEPs aren't considered reliable even in its home market. Period. The Compass should fare better as it has more FIAT underpinnings than JEEP. Only because the former has got established with the Indian conditions - not because it is considered reliable anywhere. Traditionally - they have been very good with warranty replacements and the likes - so I also expect them to carry forward the same attitude even better when it comes to their premium offering.

Some ratings from the US to show how it stands w.r.t quality there -

Jeep Compass : Official Review-screen-shot-20171002-9.07.27-am.png

Jeep Compass : Official Review-screen-shot-20171002-9.07.47-am.png
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 09:17   #416
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Excuse my ignorance if that's how the question comes across, but I felt it's too easy a conclusion to blame the manufacturer without full information
To attribute a leaky strut to driver habits, only 1500 km into the ownership experience, is unfair. I would say that 95% of the time, it's a faulty strut and not driver-abuse. 1500 km is nothing, in the grand scheme of things, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Isn't a Jeep supposed to be thrown at anything? Or am I missing something? It's the epitome of reliability world wide.

In the pic you can clearly see the leaking strut. This is a premium product. To me no small matter. Hope it's a one-off case!
Jeep isn't exactly the poster-boy for reliability, as you may have suggested. In fact, the brand has come under fire for making notoriously unreliable products in the past. We hope the new Compass changes that, but a leaky strut at 1500 km isn't going to help matters at all.
suhaas307 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 13:27   #417
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Why would one automatically assume that the car is faulty?
Because this is a brand new car and leaking struts are usually caused by bad seals. This is the no.1 cause. We'd be kidding ourselves if we think that a 1,500 km car has been driven in such a way as to cause a leaking strut. And don't forget, this SUV can offroad too, meaning it should be able to handle bad roads.
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2017, 21:12   #418
BHPian

I have something to add about the leaking shock damper. It is safe to say that it is because of a manufacturing defect. This can rarely happen irrespective of the car or part manufacturer, even with all the quality control in place.

Last year, I got my Vento's dampers replaced, and rear right damper was heavily leaking (refer to the attached picture), just as the one in the current discussion. The damper in my car had just done less than 7,000 kms. I got it replaced under warranty, and also the other one on the rear for optimal performance, out of my pocket for the latter, though.

I should also mention that this damper that leaked in my car, usually remains good for over a lakh kilometers, and that too in our road conditions. To avoid confusion, these dampers are not factory installed in the present day Vento.

Jeep Compass : Official Review-159872.jpg

Last edited by ampere : 3rd October 2017 at 09:19.
halfbytecode is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 20:55   #419

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Because this is a brand new car and leaking struts are usually caused by bad seals. This is the no.1 cause. We'd be kidding ourselves if we think that a 1,500 km car has been driven in such a way as to cause a leaking strut. And don't forget, this SUV can offroad too, meaning it should be able to handle bad roads.
I stand corrected. Thanks GTO and the other members here. Lot to learn for me, happy to listen to the experts
Old 4th October 2017, 02:56   #420
Team-BHP Support

Short & crisp review of Petrol Auto and Trailhawk.

It feels heavy, which isn’t helped by the nine-speed automatic’s apparent priority of fuel economy over performance. There’s an annoying lull between the time you put your foot down and the transmission downshifts in response, especially when you want some speed for highway manoeuvres.

http://driving.ca/jeep/compass/revie...pass-trailhawk

Last edited by Turbanator : 4th October 2017 at 02:57.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks