Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2017, 19:26   #451
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass : Official Review

Is it really Mopar insurance ? The insurance is done by insurers only and not by Mopar. Mopar is not an insurance company. The Mopar insurance is only a scam passed on by the dealers to favour insurers of their choice. We all know why.
Old 10th October 2017, 01:11   #452
BHPian

Can anyone please share a link of Jeep Compass Petrol review (either Manual or Automatic). I searched in team-bhp forums and also tried to google it but could not find one.

My usage is usually 1000 kms/month out of which 500 kms would be on highway. As I am not doing a lot of kms, I am looking at the petrol variant (most likely an automatic) but at the same time I would not want to compromise on drivability and performance of the vehicle. Also the diesel is bit heavy on my budget.

I was initially looking at the Duster AMT (Top end) but with Jeep Compass Petrol Automatic (base variant) available with a 5 lakh stretch, I am considering it.

Last edited by smiddela : 10th October 2017 at 01:22.
Old 10th October 2017, 01:19   #453
BHPian

Looks like the Trailhawk model is worth waiting.

LionX is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 07:41   #454
Distinguished - BHPian

As Jeep Compass enters Europe, here is the AE review,

Jeep Compass : Official Review-capture.jpg

Quote:
The SUV’s engines are reasonably efficient but the diesels are a little harsh, and the automatic gearbox option seems more set up for off-road use than sporty road driving. That’s probably just as well as the Compass chassis is geared more for comfort than driving thrills. With decent practicality and high equipment levels, the Compass is an effective and fun family crossover, but it lacks some of the finesse of its top European rivals.
Quote:
On the road, the Jeep Compass is not quite as planted as the best crossover rivals, but feels competent enough. There’s too much body roll if you attempt to take corners with gusto, and the chassis begins to feel unsettled at higher speeds that cars like the SEAT Ateca take in their stride.
Quote:
The punchiest diesel is the 168bhp 2.0 MultiJet II, which comes with 4WD and an auto box only, and will do 0-62mph in 10.1 seconds. All the diesel engines share the same top speed of 122mph.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 08:14   #455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Looks like the Trailhawk model is worth waiting.

Ok for a cross-over, but please don't think of going down a slope at that angle in your full fledged body on frame SUV. While it is much more capable, it just might topple.

What stops them from bringing in the Trailhawk version?
Old 10th October 2017, 09:24   #456
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Big thanks to Kedar Trivedi for sharing!

Quote:
Looks like the wait continues. Have booked one in June, so its frustrating news. Just got a confirmation from Landmark Jeep Sales Team at Mumbai that the actual launch of the petrol variant will be on 23rd Oct 2017 and the test vehicle will come in due course.
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 10:46   #457
BHPian

• Jeep Compass dealer - WSL Mohali - is seeking INR15,000.00 as "Depot Charges".
  • Jeep helpline says that they have approved INR10,000.00
  • Supreme Court says "No handling charges". But then FCA smartly reworded it to depot charges.

Is there any sane recourse that the buyer has? Or does the "Seller is the king" norm apply here as well?
Old 10th October 2017, 10:52   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Is it really Mopar insurance ? The insurance is done by insurers only and not by Mopar. Mopar is not an insurance company. The Mopar insurance is only a scam passed on by the dealers to favour insurers of their choice. We all know why.
I see. This dealer told me not to go for mopar from a value for money angle. However he said the biggest benefit for mopar is theft protection and full purchase amount payable for total loss.

And pictures are here of the one I’m getting for dad:
Jeep Compass : Official Review-5aeeb1b3818c4f6eb4b46cad6d5de987.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-3d9f0a71d9324d828c554c20e7e21c28.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-fa6bd957bbaa4a23a3be604e82e5c0c8.jpeg

And for those who want to compare black vs. white compasses:
Jeep Compass : Official Review-7df2740d539f452daa3594c8f89a4929.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-24161ccf6ae442a68b66d25f9968efa5.jpeg

Jeep Compass : Official Review-58d44e7383324ee384f99e6c9e7692a8.jpeg

Last edited by di1in : 10th October 2017 at 11:10.
di1in is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 11:43   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
  • Jeep Compass dealer - WSL Mohali - is seeking INR15,000.00 as "Depot Charges".
  • Jeep helpline says that they have approved INR10,000.00
  • Supreme Court says "No handling charges". But then FCA smartly reworded it to depot charges.

Is there any sane recourse that the buyer has? Or does the "Seller is the king" norm apply here as well?
Just make sure they dont add the depot/handling charges to the ex-showroom price on the invoice. If it is shown as a separate head, you can sue them later
Old 10th October 2017, 11:58   #460
BHPian

Is full purchase amount really payable for total loss ? And theft protection from Mopar ? When Mopar is not insuring the vehicle by itself, how can it offer theft protection ?

The value of the vehicle depreciates by 5 % immediately after it is out on the roads ( i.e. immediately after taking delivery and driving off ).

Mopar will only be looking into the ASS part of the equation, nothing else. Even there, what I heard is that they will supervise only. How rigorous this supervision will be is anybody's guess right now. Manpower at service stations will be of the dealer himself.
Old 10th October 2017, 12:05   #461
BHPian

Just to update, I have cancelled my Jeep Compass Booking

1. Booked on 5th July , Limited(0) 4x4 and no updates on delivery yet.
2. Some niggles reported by fellow bhpian, leaking struts, dashboard rattle and approach angle
3. Dawn of Wisdom - we now decided to keep only one car in the family, for Innova, Fortuner only seems to be a valid replacement, as 7 seater is must for single car in our family. Somehow, we are very much fond of sunroof feature, and that is the only one keeping or restricting us to buy same. Will wait for some more time as there is otherwise no issue with our 2010 innova.
Old 10th October 2017, 13:48   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
What stops them from bringing in the Trailhawk version?
As per a reliable source, the Trailhawk launch is expected at Auto Expo 2018
Old 10th October 2017, 14:03   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
Just make sure they dont add the depot/handling charges to the ex-showroom price on the invoice. If it is shown as a separate head, you can sue them later
Absolutely, in an ideal world. But what about a person with limited means (barely enough to buy a compass but not enough to take time off and spend on a lawyer), in the hope that all the leaves taken and fee spent would be richly rewarded by the courts.

Unless the courts have a change of mindset, where the compensation being awarded is exemplary by virtue of being disproportionately high, many will have to avoid taking the right path, and shell out the 10K.
Old 10th October 2017, 21:01   #464
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Jeep Compass dealer - WSL Mohali - is seeking INR15,000.00 as "Depot Charges".
Jeep helpline says that they have approved INR10,000.00
Quote:
Just make sure they don't add the depot/handling charges to the ex-showroom price on the invoice.
There's a misconception on this, Logistics/ Handling or whatever is legal even overseas, If it becomes illegal, then, we as a consumer will be at a loss.

I will explain, in past Manufacturers were paying Dealers charges for PDI and will bill the cars at lower rates, many Years ago Government started demanded Excise & VAT on PDI also. So manufacturers started charging these extras to cover for freight in transit as well delivery related overheads.

It's very easy for any manufacturer to add this amount on Invoice but then we will have to pay GST ( Excise + VAT of past) on this amount based on the category of our cars like 53 % for SUV or 48 % for Cars, whereas we now pay GST @ 18 % on this amount based on GST rate for services & is available for ITC in case of invoicing to company. All dealers are giving a valid invoice for this but Yes this being shown extra always leave a bad taste. From my experience overseas, Dealers won't reduce a rupee from Delivery & PDI or Document charges at all, even though they will happily cover discounts elsewhere on basic rates.
Attached Images

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th October 2017 at 21:20.
Turbanator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th October 2017, 23:51   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

There's a misconception on this, Logistics/ Handling or whatever is legal even overseas, If it becomes illegal, then, we as a consumer will be at a loss.
Exactly what I've been thinking about this. Complete misconception. No wonder the government is also eager to ban such charges as they can squeeze out more revenue if included in the ex-showroom.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks