Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2020, 11:39   #601
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Tiguan : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post

Torque18 - Congratulations on your purchase. What you see in black color is only the cover for the wheel nut. The anti-theft wheel nut will be different from the regular wheel nut . One out of the 5 nuts in each wheel will be of different size and requires a special adaptor to be used to unscrew to remove the tyre. This adaptor is different for each car and so cannot be shared between cars. Looks like this safety feature is not part of the Tiguan. May be many owners had problems in removing their tyres when they don't have the special adaptor , especially when they buy it pre-owned.
Thanks!

Yes, you are right. It's only the cover on the nut. No anti theft bolt present.

And they should at least provide the service schedule in some manner. It's actually weird. Customer is totally at the whims of the service centre with respect to the tasks to be performed.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st February 2020 at 12:46. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
Old 4th February 2020, 17:06   #602
BHPian

Hi

Can the Tiguan owners please confirm if they received any service booklet with the manuals?

Also, if any warranty booklet was included.

Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 17:56   #603

Hello, I have a Tiguan Highline Irridium Grey from Sept 2017 (done 27k so far)

At the recent check up, the ASS told me that the front tyres (the hankooks that the car originally came with) have small gashes and they need to be replaced.

they quoted me 70k for the tyres. I spoke to a dealer known to a friend and they dont have Hankooks in stock but they do have Bridgestones for 16,7k each.

anyone needed to change tyres so soon? any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 18:44   #604
BHPian

Mine is July 2007 model and has run 34k as of now. Last month when I visited service center for rear break pad change, service advisor checked the tyres and stated they have life left for another 15k km at least. That is close to 50k km in total.

I am surprised they don't have spare tyres. Starting now early lots will come for replacement and they are not stocking up!
Old 4th February 2020, 19:08   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Mine is July 2007 model and has run 34k as of now. Last month when I visited service center for rear break pad change, service advisor checked the tyres and stated they have life left for another 15k km at least. That is close to 50k km in total.

I am surprised they don't have spare tyres. Starting now early lots will come for replacement and they are not stocking up!
This wasnt the ASS, it was a dealer outside, I just wanted to compare prices and the outside dealer quoted 33k for 2 fronts whereas ASS quoted 70k, unless they were planning on changing all 4 instead of just 2.
Old 4th February 2020, 19:46   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahilj View Post
This wasnt the ASS, it was a dealer outside, I just wanted to compare prices and the outside dealer quoted 33k for 2 fronts whereas ASS quoted 70k, unless they were planning on changing all 4 instead of just 2.

INR36,000 per tyre is the price I have heard. I checked with the SA last month and he confirmed the same.
33k for 2 Bridgestones, same spec right?
Old 4th February 2020, 21:50   #607
BHPian

My last check with ASS few months ago - around 33k per tyre if self sealing and around 25-26k per tyre if normal . Also checked with outside shop recently while getting the rotation and alignment - the same size is available in Bridgestone , MRF and Pirelli ranging from 17k to 21k per tyre approx . Asked if michellin was available . Available overseas but not available in India as of now was the answer .
Old 5th February 2020, 12:09   #608
Senior - BHPian

Rat updates for Tiguan owners here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post4745339

I recommend all Tiguan owners to do this jugaad. It will cost you Rs 1300 for labour at VW to take down and reinstall the rear bumper assembly and a couple of hundred rupees to fix the mesh that is the jugaad. And once done, only rats will know it exists - you need never see it again if done properly in the first place. And it does not affect the warranty.

It cost me Rs 20,000 labour charges for 12 man days of effort to eliminate one rat, and the damage done to the internal foam that lies between the trim and the body shell cannot be rectified.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 5th February 2020 at 14:02. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 5th February 2020, 13:05   #609

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
INR36,000 per tyre is the price I have heard. I checked with the SA last month and he confirmed the same.
33k for 2 Bridgestones, same spec right?
Yes the same spec in Bridgestones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak007 View Post
My last check with ASS few months ago - around 33k per tyre if self sealing and around 25-26k per tyre if normal . Also checked with outside shop recently while getting the rotation and alignment - the same size is available in Bridgestone , MRF and Pirelli ranging from 17k to 21k per tyre approx . Asked if michellin was available . Available overseas but not available in India as of now was the answer .
Same info that i got, i am wondering though, are the Hankooks that good for the premiums? the outside dealer told me that Bridgestones are better than Hankooks for sure.
Old 5th February 2020, 16:05   #610
Distinguished - BHPian

Tiguan to be replaced by Tiguan ALLSPACE in India, sales expected to commence by mid-2020.

Quote:
Longer than the standard Tiguan that it will replace in India, the AllSpace also adds in a third row of seats; will be offered solely with a petrol engine.

The outgoing Tiguan’s 143hp, 2.0-litre diesel engine will make way for a 190hp, 2.0-litre turbo-petrol engine. There will be no diesel engine option on offer in India. The engine will come mated to a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission but VW’s 4Motion all-wheel-drive system will be given a miss.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th February 2020 at 16:06.
Old 8th February 2020, 12:38   #611
Team-BHP Support

I kind of don't get the point of the Allspace variant. Nobody rejected a Tiguan cause it didn't have a third row. It was rejected cause it was a 5 seater priced on par with the 7 seaters. It should have been priced lower.

Most people who got a Tiguan (discounted or before discounts) got it because it was very premium in feel and perfectly sized for urban driving. The buyers got it because they didn't want a full size 7 seater SUV and they didn't want to compromise on quality and premium feel vs the Jeep compass, Tucson etc....

Now VW will have an exactly similar car to the Kodiaq with the Skoda having a more modern interior and exterior design, the Skoda having more simply clever features like the umbrella and torch plus the 360 camera and the canton sound system.

Had they launched the regular Tiguan with the 2.0L TSI they would have mopped up the segment between the Kodiaq and Tiguan. The Kodiaq would have been the option for full size larger space requirements and the Tiguan perfect for an enthusiast who wanted more practicality vs a sedan. A 2.0L TSI smaller Tiguan with 190PS would have been the pick for people ready to spend 27-28L ex showroom.
Vid6639 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 17:46   #612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Most people who got a Tiguan (discounted or before discounts) got it because it was very premium in feel and perfectly sized for urban driving. The buyers got it because they didn't want a full size 7 seater SUV and they didn't want to compromise on quality and premium feel vs the Jeep compass, Tucson etc....
@Vid : You are spot on with your assessment and I've had the exact same concerns and puzzled about their decision.

Tiguan flew off the shelves when discounted about 5 - 7 lacs. I want an urban SUV not a 7 seater and pleaded with VW to also release a 5 seat Tiguan. Their decision just seems plain dumb to release a 7 seater and that too Petrol Tiguan and vacate the classy urban SUV segment.

The 7 seater customer will prefer a butch true SUV like fortuner or a Innova/Carnival. For small family Urban SUV seekers, the 5 seat Tiguan was perfect.

Strange are the minds of SVAG.
Old 8th February 2020, 17:57   #613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Had they launched the regular Tiguan with the 2.0L TSI they would have mopped up the segment between the Kodiaq and Tiguan. The Kodiaq would have been the option for full size larger space requirements and the Tiguan perfect for an enthusiast who wanted more practicality vs a sedan. A 2.0L TSI smaller Tiguan with 190PS would have been the pick for people ready to spend 27-28L ex showroom.
I am exactly in the market for that and really like the understated design of Tiguan. Would be really disappointed if they don't update the regular Tiguan later this year. Skoda Karoq seems to have taken that place in the lineup while T-roq technically is the new replacement, but have heard that the interiors are way off at least in the international market.

Lets see what they come up with or else I might just save a year more for the BMW X1.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th February 2020 at 20:42. Reason: Typo and punctuation.
Old 12th February 2020, 15:31   #614
BHPian

Are any of you owners reaching or crossed the 45k kms service? I was wondering what the costs were like. Very curious about DSG/Transmission oil and filter. Heard that can be a very expensive one.

Also, it seems the average service costs around 15-18k otherwise. Does that sound about right?
Old 12th February 2020, 17:54   #615
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post

Also, it seems the average service costs around 15-18k otherwise. Does that sound about right?
My first service was 18K+ without wheel balancing , alignment and no AC disinfectant.
Ak007 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks