Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2020, 20:20   #136
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB10rider View Post
Can you please share pictures of the installed Digipad 2.0 in your Civic.

Also did you try connecting an Android phone to it? If yes, does it work fine or issues like Apple exist?
Honda replaced the defective digipad with a new one and there havent been any connectivity issues thereafter. I dont have an android device hence could not check.

Here are pics of the digipad -
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Official Review-img_0866.jpg  

Honda Civic : Official Review-img_0867.jpg  

Honda Civic : Official Review-img_0864.jpg  

asterix is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 08:34   #137
BHPian

The Digipad 2.0 looks fabulous and pretty close to the looks of headunit of other 2 variants.

You have tastefully chosen the seatcovers and the job of covering fabric part of interiors with leatherite has been done very neatly.
Old 30th January 2020, 20:28   #138
BHPian

Quote:
The Digipad 2.0 looks fabulous and pretty close to the looks of headunit of other 2 variants.

You have tastefully chosen the seatcovers and the job of covering fabric part of interiors with leatherite has been done very neatly.
Thanks. The unit is working pretty fine - no issues post the replacement. The fabric finish of doorpads and armrest was tacky in my view- hence decided to replace all the fabric parts- seat cover et al with art leather. Felt that the fabric will be a dirt/stain magnet.
Old 15th February 2020, 11:20   #139

Hey Guys..I have noticed the mileage go up significantly after the first service although i think they do nothing in the service apart from cleaning/washing

I have driven around 1100km since and the odometer shows 14.2 kmpl (picture attached). This is daily commute from Delhi to Noida, and many times it's bumper to bumper traffic situation.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Official Review-img_20200215_110652.jpg  

anm_delhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 09:16   #140
SDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm_delhi View Post
Anyone else had a similar experience?
I have seen a mileage of ~15 kmpl on highway drives by maintaining 100+ for long distances with RPMs around 2K.

In city drives, the mileage from tank-to-tank filling has been averaging between 9-10 kmpl in Bangalore's bumper-to-bumper traffic.

I have intentionally removed the mileage/average fuel usage reading from MID and changed it to display music album being played. I felt that the fun of driving goes away by continuously watching the MID for optimal tap to the accelerator pedal. Ultimately, we also need to enjoy the car.
SDO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2020, 15:55   #141

Hello New Civic Owners! I have a short question to you all. Well I own the Honda Civic Petrol since May 2019. And I have been facing a lot of rattling and vibrations in the dashboard area and now weird noises come from the Steering wheel and sun roof as well.

The local dealership unofficially told me that there have been many complaints of this sort for the Civic. Is anyone else facing the same problem?

This is only to determine whether I have been served a lemon or is there some inherent design/quality flaw.

Thanks!
Old 26th February 2020, 21:17   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbhagra View Post
Hello New Civic Owners! I have a short question to you all. Well I own the Honda Civic Petrol since May 2019. And I have been facing a lot of rattling and vibrations in the dashboard area and now weird noises come from the Steering wheel and sun roof as well....
After completing 5000km on odo, even my car has started giving out these sounds. Will get these checked on 10k service.
Old 27th February 2020, 00:50   #143

Quote:
The local dealership unofficially told me that there have been many complaints of this sort for the Civic.
Thanks!
Thanks a lot for sharing, so far I have not observed any such sounds but mine is just 2500km done. If possible, add a video recording.

I will turn off the music tomorrow for few minutes and try to observe carefully.

And what was the resolution provided by dealership?
Old 27th February 2020, 01:23   #144

Quote:
After completing 5000km on odo, even my car has started giving out these sounds. Will get these checked on 10k service.
I would recommend getting them checked right away as later on they will try to put the onus on you and your driving.

I started getting issues from day 1. Initially, the courtesy Honda dealership was very proactive and assuring, but now their attitude has changed completely to the point that they have started misbehaving.

They kept the car for almost 2 months and drove abut 400 kms, changed about ~ 20 odd parts and still the problem is as it is.

Realising that they would not be able to fix the car, they simply say that this is standard quality and cannot be worked upon.

See the video links.

Vibration and Steering wheel noise :
Cabin vibration and rattling:
After the test drive the manager refused to acknowledge the problem in writing:
More rattling and steering wheel noise:

Invoice of the car repairs carried out clearly showing almost 400 kms been driven by Honda for testing of a new car within a span of 2 months that the car was held back by Honda. Later on they sent me an email saying that I have forcefully kept the car with at the dealership.
Honda Civic : Official Review-img_20191214_195408__01.jpg

I have filed the case in consumer forum, where they have filed an affidavit that the sound is audible only when driven at a speed of 140 kmph and above (Speed limit in my city and highways is not more than 60kmph anywhere).

When Filing the consumer case, my advocate told me that they have overcharged me for the car by about Rs 22100/- as the invoices issued don't tally with the amount charged(Have never bothered to check and tally invoices when buying a car). TDS has not been deposited by them till now as CA is unable to verify it online.

Have written to the Honda Country President and he passed it further to the Honda team but no resolution. Unofficially the dealership has told me that Honda guys have asked not to do anything about it and let the court take its route till they are able to get rid of the stock as many owners are complaining about such issues but haven't taken any legal action.

If the problem is with many owners then surely there is a defect in the car manufacturing. Whereas Honda has given me explanations like I drive in silent conditions so I hear the noise and that road conditions cause the problem, I am over critical of the car, My expectations are too high. Moreover for 4 months I was being told that the speed sensing lock is not working because I was told the feature is in the car and its mentioned even in the owners manual but after 4 months I'm told the basic feature is not available in Indian Markets.

Please check the videos and let me know if the sounds are normal or whether its really a matter of concern for a premium car.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2020 at 07:30. Reason: Correcting image orientation
skbhagra is offline   (34) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 01:46   #145
Senior - BHPian

Nithesh_M is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 09:24   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Please check the videos and let me know if the sounds are normal or whether its really a matter of concern for a premium car.
Your very statement above shows that you've approached the problem in a very practical, patient manner and that you're willing to even consider it a part of the car ownership if others can help corroborate.

Let me tell you now that those noises aren't even standard in a sub 10 lakh car, leave alone a premium car. However, it is par for the course for Honda, a manufacturer that sits high and unfortunately enjoys too much fandom, gets away with hyper-pricing and delivers this quality. A person I know sold his City top end 4 years back after buying it for 17.xx lacs for exactly this same problem. Too many rattles, a minor hit on the side mirror assembly got the whole hinge loose and replacement costed a lot, plus ride quality was neither sturdy nor comfy.

The response of those technicians annoyed me, because it shows they're puppets of Honda which wants to sweep this into the rug and they're enabling the same by taking ages to even say "yes" when the noises are piercing the ear.

Get this thing moving, take it to another service center, or escalate to Honda higher authorities, their hometown in Japan if necessary. Absolutely horrendous for a car costing 20+ lacs, with people not even attempting to repair the issues. The steering column and dashboard are major culprits.

Last edited by dark.knight : 27th February 2020 at 09:25.
dark.knight is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 10:53   #147
BHPian

Quote:

Though the noise which I get is not as prominent as heard in your video and also it comes up occasionally only, but will get it checked right away as advised by you.

The kind of experience you had with the car/brand is terrible. The company/dealer should atleast acknowledge the fault and try to correct it instead of being defensive, as a civic customer has trusted them with his hard earned 20+lacs.

Not sure if there is a solution to the harassment faced by you. Just keeping fingers crossed for my car after knowing your plight.
PB10rider is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th February 2020, 12:07   #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
It is not just the sensor. All their fittings are coming apart slowly. They have changed over 20 parts, some parts changed twice because the locks got loose while they were trying to fit in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Your very statement above shows that you've approached the problem in a very practical, patient manner and that you're willing to even consider it a part of the car ownership if others can help corroborate.
The response of those technicians annoyed me, because it shows they're puppets of Honda which wants to sweep this into the rug and they're enabling the same by taking ages to even say "yes" when the noises are piercing the ear.

Get this thing moving, take it to another service center, or escalate to Honda higher authorities, their hometown in Japan if necessary.
Already wrote emails to Honda Country president who then forwards it to the customer care manager Parampreet. The guy is highly manipulative. I had even informed the dealership before going legal that all I am looking for is an apology along with an assurance that the problem will be fixed. The dealership said that they cannot do it as Honda has asked to go on denial for any and all problems with the Civic. This goes to show that they are well aware of the design flaws in this car.

Quote:
Though the noise which I get is not as prominent as heard in your video and also it comes up occasionally only, but will get it checked right away as advised by you.

Not sure if there is a solution to the harassment faced by you. Just keeping fingers crossed for my car after knowing your plight.
Initially I also had the noise intermittently and mostly during first cold start of the day. Now it has become perpetual whether on highways of city roads. Above 70kmph, sun roof will also vibrate and rattle.

NOTE FROM SUPPORT -

Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th February 2020 at 17:37. Reason: Mod note attached.
skbhagra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2020, 00:39   #149
BHPian

It's really disheartening to see problems like these show up in a car that costs so much and that too so soon after purchase. I sincerely hope theres a happy ending to the story.

My civic has done just under 2k and I haven't yet faced any problems with any rattles. Fingers crossed it stays that way.
Old 15th March 2020, 12:23   #150
BHPian

As a starting note in this Forum, I would like to convey my thanks to Team BHP for granting my membership. I have been following Team BHP for ages and pretty excited to be a part of this.

I have been closely going through this review before I took the final decision to go for Civic ZX Petrol. Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI was a natural choice for me, but some how I could not isolate my passion and feelings from my ever thoughtful apprehensions of potential service owes which I came across in multiple forums. After owning Jazz for last 10 years and having owned Honda City VX CVT ( for a brief 2.5 years), somehow I had to give in to what my Head dominated to do over my Heart.

My Civic has clocked around 2.5K and nothing serious to complaint about so far, except for a “strange” intermittent ticking noise which is asynchronous over the usual i-VTEC Engine sound (ticking). This is not at all audible from cabin, but can be detected once you come near to the bonnet(cannot be detected in a noisy environment) in complete idling state. Took this to the service center (Ace Honda, Noida). Since the Civic is all new, they did not take any chance. They recorded the sound and shared with Honda who clarified and assured that there is no issue as such (got an email from Regional Manager, Customer Relations). My 10 year old Jazz is still super quite .

My Civic is providing mileage of overall 12 Km/L (85% city driving, 15% highways) so far. On the highways, I am very pleased to see a mileage from 16.5 to 17 Km/L while cruising around 90-110 Km/Hr. Distinct tyre noise filtering into cabin though is extremely annoying and I am struggling to live with it.

Coming across previous post about dashboard rattles, this is really very unfortunate and not acceptable. Honda seriously need to look into this. What’s the use of going with so called premium Rs 25L car if you do not have a quiet cabin ( Including tyre noise)?

Generally speaking when such cabin rattles are faced, there is no easy solution.

In my previously owned Duster, I used to face a rattling noise from dashboard even over slight rough roads and when taken to service center, they told that they need to dismantle the dashboard and check. I dropped that instantly fearing that this would invite further troubles.

Can anyone help me with the configuration of auto locking of doors with speed please? I have tried lot of options but so far no luck and some how I am developing a notion that this feature is not available in my car.

Last edited by vb-saan : 15th March 2020 at 13:57. Reason: Spacing, punctuation, use of caps, spelling
Jazzwithme is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks