Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 24th March 2020, 17:30   #166
BHPian

Default Re: Honda Civic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbhagra View Post

Till date there has been no further response even though I had been amply clear that if Honda assures me in writing that they will rectify the problem I will withdraw the consumer case. But dealership manager tells me Honda wants to get rid of the stock before the problems become public. Local dealership now has non Civic on display or test drive because they don't want any local issues with Shimla being a small city.
Sorry I might have missed reading query about this: Have you ever considered getting it diagnosed from a bigger dealership who are more capable and have better testing resources ? If not, I seriously recommend doing it even if it is far from your reach and ensure that you secretly record their conversations. One more recommendation is to not munch any more miles on it especially if it is under litigation. The more you use, the more they put the blame on you. That's the harsh reality especially when you have customers who have no similar complaints and are happy with the car. I wish you all the luck here.
Old 24th March 2020, 20:00   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
Sorry I might have missed reading query about this: Have you ever considered getting it diagnosed from a bigger dealership who are more capable and have better testing resources ?
People from Honda's Delhi team visited and worked on the car when it was with them for 2 months. They were not able to fix it as I spite of changing over 20 random parts the problem is as it is. Besides Courtesy Honda is the biggest dealership in all states nearby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoth001 View Post
One more recommendation is to not munch any more miles on it especially if it is under litigation. The more you use, the more they put the blame on you.
After Honda took over the car last year for 2 months, they sent an email that inspite of the problems, the car is roadworthy and I am ok to drive it. Plus the dealership has clearly taken on record that they have observed the problems and escalated to Honda. I cannot simply keep the car in the garrage rotting away for an year or 2 while I bear the cost of ownership all because of this Honda. Moreover, I can see even on this forum that people are having similar issues and my car is not the only one though the intensity may differ.

Honda Civic : Official Review-screenshot_20200323030909__01.jpg

Last edited by bblost : 24th March 2020 at 22:31. Reason: broken quote tag
Old 24th March 2020, 21:00   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbhagra View Post
Initially, I too faced little noise (While below 3000km) which gradually has grown to be something that is audible even with music on(Close to 9000km). I eventually got a response form Honda's National customer relations head Mr Parampreet Singh who told me things ranging from "I hear noises because I drive the car in silent conditions" to "The car develops noise only at speeds of 140kmph and above". Funny because they claim to have driven the car at these speeds in Shimla. I have video recordings rattling even at 20kmph that the dealership has sent to Honda and is mentioned on record.
I can imagine the ordeal you are facing. Being a proud owner of Honda jazz for over 10 years now, it really hurts to see where Honda Brand is going with reliability these days.
For my new Civic, I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Very bold move of you to take this up at Consumer Court. Itís time for Honda to treat Customers seriously and stop taking them for a ride. Letís hope that Honda is pushed to the wall to solve your Civicís issue.
Jazzwithme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 01:03   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzwithme View Post
I can imagine the ordeal you are facing. Being a proud owner of Honda jazz for over 10 years now, it really hurts to see where Honda Brand is going with reliability these days.
For my new Civic, I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Very bold move of you to take this up at Consumer Court. Itís time for Honda to treat Customers seriously and stop taking them for a ride. Letís hope that Honda is pushed to the wall to solve your Civicís issue.
I too hope that you do not face any problem as Civic has been an icon and everyone who buys it does so not just because of buying a car but because it meant much more than just a car.

The reason I have shared my ordeal is so that other owners can investigate in time and not go through the harassment that I have been facing since the last 10 months.

The thing that pushed me to reach out to the court was that not once has Honda apologized to me. Instead they have only been trying to make it sound like the roads and my driving habits (since I drive back late at night from work) are to be blamed whereas the fact is that the rattling occurs everywhere within city, highway, expressway etc.

Also, as I am typing this, I saw on my phone in the google news feed https://www.team-bhp.com/news/honda-...g-rattles-cars
but on clicking it I get an error. Has the article been removed?
skbhagra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 13:46   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Also, as I am typing this, I saw on my phone in the google news feed https://www.team-bhp.com/news/honda-...g-rattles-cars
but on clicking it I get an error. Has the article been removed?
Yes, seems like that. I too reached this thread through the news topic yesterday and now it has been removed.

Last edited by Dragonheart22 : 25th March 2020 at 13:47.
Dragonheart22 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed