Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2021, 11:32   #316
SDO

Re: Honda Civic : Official Review

These type of parts recall or related incidents are common with automobiles and generally get addressed within warranty. This in general doesn't signify any serious issues with the brand or the particular vehicle as such. Usually this happens with components sourced from third-parties and it occasionally fails their quality checks. My Honda City car had an airbag recall almost 4 years after my purchase. I was happily using the car unaware of the airbag inflator issue. And then there are numerous events where no such recalls occur and the airbags still haven't opened up during accidents in case of other manufacturers. Honda being a globally well engineered brand, the trust needn't wither so fast is my view. The 10th Civics are aplenty across the world and we get almost the same machinery here.

Agree that an inconvenience faced during a road trip is something we want to avoid. I too have a Civic ZX from 2019. Thankfully I haven't encountered this issue yet. After reading these posts, I contacted a Honda technical team member to check about this issue. I also connected him to these Team-BHP posts. He said they haven't received many instances of these complaints and the sample size for a recall as such is small. However, they are all ears and eyes now to watch out for more instances and dealers have been prepped. If you want to write formally to Honda to report your case, it may give them the details they are looking for.
SDO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 12:24   #317
Senior - BHPian

If anyone can help me here. The Brochure mentions that the civic got the ambient lights. But neither the T Bhp review, nor any other Journo have mentioned it. If any of the owners can explain a bit on this, alongwith pictures, it would be great.

TIA.
Old 11th April 2021, 14:35   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
The Brochure mentions that the civic got the ambient lights. But neither the T Bhp review, nor any other Journo have mentioned it.

TIA.
There is a small blue LED between front map lights. It illuminates centre tunnel area around gear lever whenever parking/ headlights are switched on.
An apology in the name of ambient light ( but it's a light and provides ambient blue illumination.... )
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Official Review-img_20210411_143310.jpg  

Atul Parashar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 22:27   #319

Night shot for reference
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Official Review-img_20210411_222050.jpg  

Atul Parashar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 06:46   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul Parashar View Post
Night shot for reference
Thanks. This looks good. However, I was expecting them to provide more, like in the footwell or on doorpads or dashboard.
07CR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 18:29   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1947 View Post
From what I got from the service centre in Noida was that apart from Amaze, the other models were being done on a case by case basis and there was no recall in place as instances were few an in between. Still, there should have been an advisory in place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzwithme View Post
Have again written to Honda for RCA and sharing the reason of failure. We as Civic owners need to push further collectively to let Honda know that this issue need to be looked into with seriousness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssenhyd View Post
I have done the same and written to Honda India to at least send out a service advisory to customers if not a recall.
Guys a recall has been issued.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5044888 (Honda Cars India to recall nearly 78,000 Cars over Faulty Fuel Pump)
sumeethaldankar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 18:53   #322
BHPian

Thanks sumeethaldankar for informing us!

This is the right step by Honda and my faith in their brand is restored!

Manufacturing or design defects can always crop up, but it is how the brand handles it that differentiates a "reputable and trust worthy" auto brand from the rest!

And here Honda has definitely heard their customers and done the right thing!
I don't know whether the emails jazzwithme or I wrote to Honda Cars India played any part in this or not, but, if it did, then that is even more impressive - as that demonstrates that Honda listened to their customers - reflected upon what that might mean to their brand and have done the right thing.

Well done Honda!

Here is the link to the news article on the recall which was published today a short while ago
https://www.carandbike.com/news/hond...l-pump-2415267
ssenhyd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 20:42   #323
BHPian

In last email reply from Honda about the issue, they not only acknowledged the same but also mentioned- “ In the meanwhile, we are doing the needful internally to ensure addressing of these concerns in the more appropriate manner”. But I never expected that they would go for a recall in India so soon. 5000 plus for Civic is a considerable number in India.

Good for Honda to take the corrective action.
Jazzwithme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2021, 12:48   #324
BHPian

Interestingly, my Oct 2020 Honda Civic is not a part of the recall. But good on Honda to do a proper recall rather than "put the brakes" on the media coverage of brake failure issues, as some reputed manufacturers like to do.
andafunda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 12:51   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post
Interestingly, my Oct 2020 Honda Civic is not a part of the recall. But good on Honda to do a proper recall rather than "put the brakes" on the media coverage of brake failure issues, as some reputed manufacturers like to do.
It might still be a good idea to talk to your dealer
Old 19th April 2021, 15:09   #326
BHPian

As posted earlier in this thread, I had suffered a fuel pump failure a few weeks back and this was replaced under warranty by Pride Honda.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5040357 (Honda Civic : Official Review)

I had sent in my car today for six monthly / 5,000 KM engine oil replacement, and Pride Honda replaced the fuel pump again as part of the Honda Recall.

On inquiring the need for doing so, when the fuel pump had already been replaced so recently, my SA mentioned that the fault was still showing during diagnostic scanning and hence as part of the Honda recall they replaced the fuel pump again.

I would suggest that those who had the fuel pump in their cars replaced recently under warranty should once again check with their dealer.

For those who might be feel that my six months / 5,000 KM engine oil change interval might be too frequent -
I am following the Honda prescribed severe maintenance schedule (page 557 in the owner's manual) that states that severe maintenance schedule to be followed if the below driving conditions are met:
  1. Less than 8 KM, or less than 16 KM in freezing temp per trip
  2. In extremely hot temperature above 35 C
  3. With extensive idling or long periods of stop and go
  4. With trailer towing or loaded roof rack
  5. On muddy dusty or deiced road
Most (over 95%) of my driving is within Hyderabad city and points 1, 2 and 3 are met most of the time, and I guess it meets most people's driving condition in busy Indian cities, hence I follow the severe driving maintenance schedule to enhance the longevity of the engine..

I have read in several articles , that 5 KM of highway driving produces the same amount of engine wear as 1 KM of stop and go city driving , with short trips.
ssenhyd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 15:11   #327

Hi Guys,

I just purchased a second hand Civic ZX CVT from Cars24 (2019 model 15000 kms for 18lacs). Although it has been only a day - I am at a crossroad and need some advice. I bought it as per the guidelines on this blog (thank you!) and things seemed ok. However, when I took it to Honda today for maintenance, they looked into the car history and told me that the car has had it's front bumper, grill and right rear view mirror replaced last September. Cars24 though, listed this car as "non-accidental". I am now requesting a refund of 1.5lac-2lacs. What would be the recommended course of action if they refuse?
Also, can anyone tell me the mileage you are getting in regular use?
shal255 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 14:33   #328
BHPian

I am getting between 10.8 and 12 kmpl in city driving conditions. I drive eco mode all the time, my driving style is very gentle - no pumping on the accelerator or sudden hard braking.. Aircon at 26 C..
ssenhyd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:09   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssenhyd View Post
I am getting between 10.8 and 12 kmpl in city driving conditions. I drive eco mode all the time, my driving style is very gentle - no pumping on the accelerator or sudden hard braking. Aircon at 26 C.
Very good mileage figures ssenhyd in city conditions. In my 2010 Civic AT I have very rarely seen 8.5 to 9 on the meter console in the city and for highways with aggressive driving using the paddles it’s between 12 to 15. Full time AC usage between 21 to 23 degrees. I don’t know how you keep the AC at 26 degrees in our summers though.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 16:43   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Very good mileage figures ssenhyd in city conditions. In my 2010 Civic AT I have very rarely seen 8.5 to 9 on the meter console in the city and for highways with aggressive driving using the paddles it’s between 12 to 15. Full time AC usage between 21 to 23 degrees. I don’t know how you keep the AC at 26 degrees in our summers though.

Cheers
Thanks for the compliment!
On highways I get between 16 and 17 kmpl, and that's just not me, I have heard others get that too.
When you want to save on the gas a little bit of heat does not matter
ssenhyd is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks