Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2022, 15:49   #376

Re: Honda Civic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzwithme View Post
I spent some time today early morning in going through configurations in details. Under Vehicle-Meter set up- Turn by Turn Auto Display feature is not appearing. Also in System-Configuration of Instrument Panel, the Turn by turn icon does not appear. I have tried re-booting and even Factory reset. This has not helped either. Looks like there is an issue in this system.
Mine is 2019 make. I am not sure if this is an issue with particular batch.
The turn by turn navigation in MID will not work while running maps on Apple Carplay. It only works with Android Auto. However, the option should be there to select, though the map will show up blank in MID while on Apple Carplay.
muditseh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 20:12   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muditseh View Post
The turn by turn navigation in MID will not work while running maps on Apple Carplay. It only works with Android Auto. However, the option should be there to select, though the map will show up blank in MID while on Apple Carplay.
Absolutely. Borrowed my wife’s phone which is fortunately Samsung and tried out this week end. After I plugged in and with initial set up, the Display Audio automatically prompted for “ Turn by Turn” enabling and once acknowledged, the Compass like Symbol came on the MID. I was surprised to see this since there was no requirement of any enabling from Settings and all.
Now since the Compass is in place, it’s always there, though on connecting iPhone ,it shows waiting for phone.
Old 4th August 2022, 18:52   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andafunda View Post

On another note:

I managed to order a wireless charger from AliBaba for $55 that is a perfect fit for the Civic. It also has USB-C and USB-A wired fast charging. Works perfectly with my Galaxy Z Flip3 and my parents' iPhones. Would highly recommend.
Could you share the link to the wireless charger please ?
Old 12th August 2022, 13:04   #379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric.O View Post
Could you share the link to the wireless charger please ?
Hi, not sure if I can post links here, but search for "OVOVS Portable Car Phone Charger" on the main Alibaba site.
Old 14th August 2022, 20:15   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 View Post

Will be visiting the workshop next week and get this checked. Although, now I am sure this is a CVT trait as I noticed the same kind of jerks in my Brio AT as well, though a little subdued.
Hi, following up after a long time. Did you got this checked at Honda workshop? Any feedback from their side.

I am facing a definite jerk particularly at low speeds when I am de-accelerating by releasing the acceleration. This has cropped up within a week from now, however it does not happen every time. I noticed this first time last Saturday when I went to drop my parents at Airport in Hyderabad. Since was early morning and the airport drive way was very quite, I could distinctly feel the jerk along with some faint sound like something got engaged or disengaged ( I know this is weird since is not a manual transmission but when it jerks it comes with a faint sound- something like when you change the lever from Parking to reverse or D- not so distinct but a lighter sound). Then on the way back this happened again around 2 times. Today again when I took the car out, this happened around 3 times at low speeds in traffic, but not every time. This definitely does not happen when I am at high speeds like 60KMPH and up.
I am used to CVTs for a long time ( having owned Honda City CVT in past) but seeing this behaviour for first time.
Planning to drop my vehicle this week for a thorough check but doubt if the problem can be reproduced.
I also got my CVT oil changed around 4 months back in last service.
Jazzwithme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 10:10   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzwithme View Post
Hi, following up after a long time. Did you got this checked at Honda workshop? Any feedback from their side.

I am facing a definite jerk particularly at low speeds when I am de-accelerating by releasing the acceleration. This has cropped up within a week from now, however it does not happen every time. I noticed this first time last Saturday when I went to drop my parents at Airport in Hyderabad. Since was early morning and the airport drive way was very quite, I could distinctly feel the jerk along with some faint sound like something got engaged or disengaged ( I know this is weird since is not a manual transmission but when it jerks it comes with a faint sound- something like when you change the lever from Parking to reverse or D- not so distinct but a lighter sound). Then on the way back this happened again around 2 times. Today again when I took the car out, this happened around 3 times at low speeds in traffic, but not every time. This definitely does not happen when I am at high speeds like 60KMPH and up.
Hi Jazzwithme,

I get the jerks during slow speeds or while de-acceleration, typically at following speeds:
. 24-27 kmph
. 36-37 kmph
. 45-47 kmph (very rare)

Since my daily commute is Delhi-Gurgaon in crawling traffic, I have got used to the ‘CVT jerks’ (pun intended). However, there is no impact on gearbox and engine performance. Could you please check if your car jerks between the above speed bands. That will give a better insight on the jerky behaviour of CVT.

As mentioned earlier, I did a lot of online research and also tested it on my other car, Brio and noticed similar jerks during gear changes and concluded that it is a DNA of CVT.

During my last service, I did ask my SA to check on the issue but couldn’t get the road rest done to get their feedback.
kapilsharma80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 13:11   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jazzwithme,

I get the jerks during slow speeds or while de-acceleration, typically at following speeds:
. 24-27 kmph
. 36-37 kmph
. 45-47 kmph (very rare)

Since my daily commute is Delhi-Gurgaon in crawling traffic, I have got used to the ‘CVT jerks’ (pun intended). However, there is no impact on gearbox and engine performance. Could you please check if your car jerks between the above speed bands. That will give a better insight on the jerky behaviour of CVT.
Sure I will have more observations over a period of time. I am also dropping my Vehicle at workshop so that they can understand if this is a real ‘ issue’ or something I need to get used to.
Jazzwithme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 12:44   #383
BHPian

Hello Civic 2019 owners!

Has anyone upsized the tyres on his/her car?

If yes, what new size are you using now and are there any issues faced?
Old 31st August 2022, 19:06   #384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB10rider View Post
Hello Civic 2019 owners!

Has anyone upsized the tyres on his/her car?

If yes, what new size are you using now and are there any issues faced?
My car runs on 225/55 R16 Conti MC5 and ride & handle pretty well.

No issues observed in 1.6 years of ownership.

Cheers!
kapilsharma80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 19:11   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

No issues observed in 1.6 years of ownership.

Cheers!
Guess you meant R17? Or did last gen Civic came with R16 also?

Last edited by sunikkat : 31st August 2022 at 19:12.
Old 31st August 2022, 19:20   #386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Guess you meant R17? Or did last gen Civic came with R16 also?
I have V- CVT which came with R16s.

The top versions had R17s.Honda Civic : Official Review-eb1de412689e4c30a115a4aac9243d55.jpeg
kapilsharma80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 22:32   #387
BHPian

Quote:
I was planning to buy exactly the same set of tyres. Good to know that 225 is no problem. Thanks!
Old 10th September 2022, 14:10   #388
BHPian

Quote:
I have V- CVT which came with R16s.

The top versions had R17s.Attachment 2353171
I got my tyres upsized. Though I went to get Continental MC5. But found out they have been discontinued. So got Continental UC6.

A huge reduction in noise levels after the company fitted Hankooks. Ofcourse the grip has also increased manifolds.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Official Review-051a4645c27c4f4b9acb17cdbc94ee79.jpeg  

PB10rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 16:24   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB10rider View Post
I got my tyres upsized. Though I went to get Continental MC5. But found out they have been discontinued. So got Continental UC6.

A huge reduction in noise levels after the company fitted Hankooks. Ofcourse the grip has also increased manifolds.
Looking good. These are even better than MC5.

Curious to know if Continentals were your first choice or you considered Michelin Primary 4ST as well.

How much did you get the UC6s for?
kapilsharma80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2022, 23:07   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Looking good. These are even better than MC5.

Curious to know if Continentals were your first choice or you considered Michelin Primary 4ST as well.

How much did you get the UC6s for?
Thanks! I got 4 for Rs41000/-.

The only alternate I had on my mind was Michelin Pilot Sport 3 which was going to be 225 50R 16 size. But the lot which was available at that shop was 2019 manufactured.

So went with Continentals only, as MC5 was the best tyre I ever had on my Punto, be it on longevity/handling/noise.
PB10rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks