Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2021, 15:14   #361
BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
No offense taken and please do not apologise.
As said mine and my friends / relatives experience had been great.
Also different priorities for different people. I am infact okay to live with few breakdowns (even if) for the fun to drive factor. While others might want absolute peace of mind. All are right in their place.
Yeah that pretty much sums it up. I think it boils down to personal preference and amount of money one is ready to put into the maintenance of a car.
Old 28th November 2021, 00:39   #362

Hello fellow BHP'ians, I am planning to upgrade the headlamp bulbs for low beams and high beams for my 10th gen V CVT Civic. Any recommendations as to which ones should I consider would be helpful.

If any one has upgraded, so please share as to how the upgraded ones are performing.

I'm looking for a whiter shade and want to avoid any changes to the wiring or increasing the wattage and am looking for a simple plug and play solution.
Thank-you.
Old 8th December 2021, 15:47   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEnthusiast View Post
Hello fellow BHP'ians, I am planning to upgrade the headlamp bulbs for low beams and high beams for my 10th gen V CVT Civic. Any recommendations as to which ones should I consider would be helpful.

If any one has upgraded, so please share as to how the upgraded ones are performing.

I'm looking for a whiter shade and want to avoid any changes to the wiring or increasing the wattage and am looking for a simple plug and play solution.
Thank-you.
Hi MrEnthusiast,

Since yours is a VCVT I reckon your Civic would have projector headlamps, would recommend you getting a pair of HID's for the projectors. If this particular model has a separate arrangement for High Beam, would recommend getting in a pair of LED's for the high beams.

Is a 30 minute flat job, would recommend to go back to the known accessory shop since HID's would want certain clips to be attached to (personally I don't prefer fiddling in and experimenting DIY's on a car which is as highly dependent on electicals like the Civic.) Get any known brand, Osram/Philips etc.

In case you're based in Delhi/NCR, let me know I would be able to suggest certain shops/stores.

Do share the pictures once the upgrade is done.

Regards!
aamishdhingra is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 20:52   #364

Quote:
Originally Posted by aamishdhingra View Post
would recommend you getting a pair of HID's for the projectors. If this particular model has a separate arrangement for High Beam, would recommend getting in a pair of LED's for the high beams.
Thanks for the reply
I forgot to mention in the original post that currently I had already replaced the original yellow halogens with Osram LEDs. The high beam is pretty strong, but the low beams are very very weak. (I cannot remember the exact model of the bulb, only remember the company.)

I was also thinking about installing HID's, but had some queries:
1: Does it take more time to fully light up at start compared to regular LEDs it halogens?
2: Will i have to make changes in the power output for HIDs? As I want to avoid that and stick to the stock output.
3: Any specific model for HID's which I should consider?
Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong as I'm new to upgrading Headlamps.

Quote:
In case you're based in Delhi/NCR, let me know I would be able to suggest certain shops/stores.
I'm not based in Delhi/NCR. Thanks for the help though.

Quote:
Do share the pictures once the upgrade is done.
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB10rider View Post
Replaced the halogen lamps for Low Beam and Fog Lamps, with HID and LED respectively, on my V-CVT.

For sure the throw of light on road has improved significantly, and ofcourse the aesthetics have improved.
Can you share pictures of the upgrade.

Thanks.
Old 26th January 2022, 12:46   #365
BHPian

Too bad Honda pulled plug on this beauty even before I could save some money to buy a new one. But, it didn't stop me from going the pre owned route and I got a low run ZX CVT home a week back. Absolutely loving it so far especially, the low and sports car like seating position which I'd been dreaming of for a long long time. My Jazz almost feels like an SUV now. I only have a few complaints so far. The ORVM's are big and are hindering the visibility causing major blind spots at intersections. Maybe, I'll have to raise my seating position to fix it. Also, the ORVM's aren't deploying and retracting automatically with the keyless entry mechanism( black sensor/capacitive touch) open/close. I seem to have selected the right option in the head unit settings too. Any help would be appreciated. But, otherwise I'm glad I got a superb and a reliable first world beauty home. Hoping to keep her for a long long time. This is a proper Honda!
Dead_Pedal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th March 2022, 08:49   #366
Senior - BHPian

Crash testing highlights differences in US and Chinese Honda Civics: both performed well in the 40% offset deformable barrier frontal impact (run by IIHS and C-NCAP; the Global NCAP test we're familiar with in India) but performed differently in a 25% rigid barrier test (run by C-IASI (China) and IIHS), with body-in-white diagrams a lower grade of steel in the door sill for the Chinese version. This is similar to what happened to the Volkswagen New Midsize Sedan ("Passat") for the US vs Chinese markets.
ron178 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 11:33   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
both performed well in the 40% offset deformable barrier frontal impact (run by IIHS and C-NCAP; the Global NCAP test we're familiar with in India)
For reference, here is the C-NCAP 40% offset deformable barrier crash test:
Honda Civic : Official Review-screenshot-20220326-11.33.24-am.png
Old 15th April 2022, 14:31   #368
BHPian

Hi all. Any idea why the android auto turn by turn navigation is not showing up on the MID cluster? It seems enabled in the head unit settings. When a turn or a direction change comes up, the compass display shows up(as a priority over all other info) instead of the direction arrows. I tried waze maps and the same issue seems to recur. My android auto on the phone is a updated to the latest version. Any help would he highly appreciated.
Dead_Pedal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2022, 22:56   #369
BHPian

Off late I am experiencing ’clicking’ sounds which mostly emanates from steering column. The sound comes on ad-hoc basis with No defined or set pattern, even if the steering is not turned, while driving. Has anyone else experienced any such sound? Mine is 2019 V cvt model.
Old 15th May 2022, 09:16   #370
BHPian

I am catching up a bit late.. as such I have not faced the issue so far.. But usual cabin noise has come up, particularly from left side Dash and sunroof. Same like my Honda City in past.
Old 26th June 2022, 21:32   #371
BHPian

Have anyone used Navigation from MID? I have not cared for it much so far, but with left indicator, since the navigation is kind of lost in Touch screen panel due to lane watch camera projection, I think this will be pretty useful. I did try to configure this from Settings- Vehicle-Meter set up, but surprisingly this option is missing. I use Apple car play and I hope this is not restricted to Android auto.
Some guidance will be helpful.
Old 26th June 2022, 21:59   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzwithme View Post
Have anyone used Navigation from MID?
Some guidance will be helpful.
A reset of the infotainment system would almost certainly fix the issue. I use android auto and have the turn by turn navigation showing up on the MID when approaching a direction change. I find it very useful.
Old 26th June 2022, 22:05   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
A reset of the infotainment system would almost certainly fix the issue. I use android auto and have the turn by turn navigation showing up on the MID when approaching a direction change. I find it very useful.
How do I reset the infotainment system? By pressing the audio knob for couple of secs or there is an option to do so from infotainment system itself?
Old 27th June 2022, 06:30   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzwithme View Post
How do I reset the infotainment system? By pressing the audio knob for couple of secs or there is an option to do so from infotainment system itself?
There is an option for it. You need to go under settings and then probably under "about" or something similar and you have it there. It's an android based system so the settings menu are similar to any android phone. I have dropped my vehicle off for service else would have posted a photo here.
Old 28th June 2022, 18:32   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Pedal View Post
There is an option for it. You need to go under settings and then probably under "about" or something similar and you have it there. It's an android based system so the settings menu are similar to any android phone. I have dropped my vehicle off for service else would have posted a photo here.
I spent some time today early morning in going through configurations in details. Under Vehicle-Meter set up- Turn by Turn Auto Display feature is not appearing. Also in System-Configuration of Instrument Panel, the Turn by turn icon does not appear. I have tried re-booting and even Factory reset. This has not helped either. Looks like there is an issue in this system.
Mine is 2019 make. I am not sure if this is an issue with particular batch.

Last edited by Jazzwithme : 28th June 2022 at 18:46. Reason: Wanted to add

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks