Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2021, 09:32   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Civic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzwithme View Post
Thanks for sharing.

Just to update that I spoke to two of dealerships, Abhikaran Honda, Indore and Pride Honda, Hyderabad. Good part is both of them acknowledged that this can be a potential issue in Fuel Pump and in both of their experience they have seen similar issue coming up in 1 civic each, and fuel pumps were replaced.
I will also ask Honda to seriously review and ask for a recall so that people do not suffer like me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssenhyd View Post
I had the fuel pump replaced at Pride Honda Hyderabad very recently (2 weeks back) as the fuel pump had failed. My symptom was the car just wouldn't start although the engine was cranking on pressing the start button and there were no fault indications on the dashboard.
It's sad to see such quality issues in such a beautiful and Honda's mainstream model. Hopefuly this is the last of the problems you face with the car. The older eight gen model If I remember correcty had issue with it's serpentine belt which failed in the very first batches of Civics. This was rectified in later batches. Neververthless wishing you guys happy and trouble free motoring ahead.

I would suggest existing owners to check with their respective Honda dealers and get the pump inspected beforehand. Also how much quantity of fuel was there when the problem arised?
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 09:56   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
It's sad to see such quality issues in such a beautiful and Honda's mainstream model. Hopefuly this is the last of the problems you face with the car. ....

I would suggest existing owners to check with their respective Honda dealers and get the pump inspected beforehand. Also how much quantity of fuel was there when the problem arised?
My car had more than half full gas. I wish this is the last of such issues I face.
The overriding reason for my buying the Civic was bullet proof long term reliability and dependability combined with solid engineering and overall low ongoing cost of ownership!
ssenhyd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 10:23   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car had more than half full gas. I wish this is the last of such issues I face.
The overriding reason for my buying the Civic was bullet proof long term reliability and dependability combined with solid engineering and overall low ongoing cost of ownership!
Sometimes these things happen in new cars. Believe me I have faced such problems too. However the Civic is still well engineered and I am sure it will fulfull all your expectations that you have for it. Whatever niggle it had is now out of the way. To be on the safe side you could go for extended warranty so that atleast you will have more peace of mind financially. Costs like fuel pump etc do cost a bomb if one had to pay from own's pocket.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 10:35   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes these things happen in new cars. Believe me I have faced such problems too. However the Civic is still well engineered and I am sure it will fulfull all your expectations that you have for it. Whatever niggle it had is now out of the way. To be on the safe side you could go for extended warranty so that atleast you will have more peace of mind financially. Costs like fuel pump etc do cost a bomb if one had to pay from own's pocket.
Thanks for the encouragement! I too beleive these are initial niggles. And yes I have purchased extended warranty!
Old 4th April 2021, 18:45   #305
BHPian

Quote:
It's sad to see such quality issues in such a beautiful and Honda's mainstream model. Hopefuly this is the last of the problems you face with the car. The older eight gen model If I remember correcty had issue with it's serpentine belt which failed in the very first batches of Civics. This was rectified in later batches. Neververthless wishing you guys happy and trouble free motoring ahead.

My car had a little below half tank. Fuel was sufficient.

Quote:
I would earnestly like to believe that this is the only niggle I am facing in Civic. However comparatively my old Honda Jazz which is now 11 years old had never given me such pain in countless trips. Problem is when you face such issues in middle of no where, it puts you in extreme tight spot. Issues within city limits provides you sufficient flexibility though.

I think we need to collectively push Honda on this so that they should acknowledge that these are not just isolated incidents but needs a serious and deeper reflection on their part.

Last edited by ajmat : 4th April 2021 at 19:12.
Jazzwithme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 07:37   #306
BHPian

Quote:

I think we need to collectively push Honda on this so that they should acknowledge that these are not just isolated incidents but needs a serious and deeper reflection on their part.
Was Pride Honda able to diagnose what the issue was with your car?
Old 9th April 2021, 08:22   #307
BHPian

The car arrived on Tuesday( By Packers and Movers). While the car was being driven, the engine stalled and stopped in between and was showing the below error.

Called RSA and the vehicle was towed to Pride Honda.. Pride Honda was very prompt in concluding that it’s a fuel pump issue. Since the issue was intimated, they had already ordered the Fuel Pump spare which arrived on Wednesday. After road test, the car was delivered to me yesterday.

Planning for a road test ( on ORR) myself this week end just to have assurance that everything is fine.

Shocking thing is response from Honda is not so assuring, since I directly asked if this issue is related to recall happening in global fleets. They have avoided the question and responded that the issue in my car is fixed. I am worried that the same issue should not come again and they should have provided the right spare part.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Civic : Official Review-819ab60ac8084672892d3f18786fc284.jpeg  

Jazzwithme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 10:47   #308
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
.. Pride Honda was very prompt in concluding that it’s a fuel pump issue. Since the issue was intimated, they had already ordered the Fuel Pump spare which arrived on Wednesday. After road test, the car was delivered to me yesterday.

Shocking thing is response from Honda is not so assuring, since I directly asked if this issue is related to recall happening in global fleets. They have avoided the question and responded that the issue in my car is fixed. I am worried that the same issue should not come again and they should have provided the right spare part.
Here is two of us who have faced exactly the same issue within a short span of time (two weeks) with the same model Honda Civic ZX CVT Petrol, low pressure fuel pump failing prematurely while in warranty.

While Honda has repaired both of our vehicles promptly under warranty, they should have been more transparent about the fuel pump failures and it's possible links with the global Fuel Pump recall by Honda..

The coincidences are just too close to just pass this off as one off parts failure..

Fuel pump failure in a new car is a rare thing until and unless there is manufacturing or design defect..

Honda should have in the interest of customer and brand reputation recalled vehicles in India too instead of providing misleading information to the impacted customers..
Old 9th April 2021, 14:27   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda and Skoda seemed to have swapped their quality controls and support staff now. Frankly, if you remove reliability from the Honda equation, there is very little left when faced with the VAG stable.
Old 9th April 2021, 14:32   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1947 View Post
Fuel pump failure. Got it changed for free.

Went to the service center and explained. Thankfully, the car repeated this behavior in front on the SA and he said will get to me in some hours. But prima facie looked like a fuel line issue. By evening, he called and explained that the fuel pump has a manufacturing defect and will be replaced free of cost. I said go ahead, do the regular service as well as it was due. Got the car back within 3 days.

Thanks for reading.
Hi my car Civic ZX CVT got a failed fuel pump about three weeks back and so did Jazzwithme just last week. Honda did replace the fuel pump under warranty, however they are not doing a recall to replace the fuel pumps as is being done by Honda globally.
Jazzwithme and myself are planning to write to Honda Cars India about this. Would you like to join?

For rest of the owners of Honda Civics 2019 model, here is three of us who had identical problem, that is the low pressure fuel pump failing under warranty and being replaced under warranty by Honda.
On talking to the staff at the service station, they implied it to be a manufacturing defect in the fuel pump that has been experienced by other Honda cars including Civic.

This issue can crop up in anyone else's Civic too, and hence it would be prudent to get your car checked and better ask them to replace the fuel pump

Last edited by ssenhyd : 9th April 2021 at 14:37.
Old 9th April 2021, 14:40   #311

Quote:
Hi my car Civic ZX CVT got a failed fuel pump about three weeks back and so did Jazzwithme just last week. Honda did replace the fuel pump under warranty, however they are not doing a recall to replace the fuel pumps as is being done by Honda globally.
Jazzwithme and myself are planning to write to Honda Cars India about this. Would you like to join?

For rest of the owners of Honda Civics 2019 model, here is three of us who had identical problem, that is the low pressure fuel pump failing under warranty and being replaced under warranty by Honda.
On talking to the staff at the service station, they implied it to be a manufacturing defect in the fuel pump that has been experienced by other Honda cars including Civic.

This issue can crop up in anyone else's Civic too, and hence it would be prudent to get your car checked and better ask them to replace the fuel pump
From what I got from the service centre in Noida was that apart from Amaze, the other models were being done on a case by case basis and there was no recall in place as instances were few an in between. Still, there should have been an advisory in place.
Maverick1947 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 15:03   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1947 View Post
From what I got from the service centre in Noida was that apart from Amaze, the other models were being done on a case by case basis and there was no recall in place as instances were few an in between. Still, there should have been an advisory in place.
Agreed! Would you like write to Honda?
Old 10th April 2021, 09:01   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Honda and Skoda seemed to have swapped their quality controls and support staff now. Frankly, if you remove reliability from the Honda equation, there is very little left when faced with the VAG stable.
Reliability of Honda was the only differentiating factor for going towards Civic in my case.
Old 10th April 2021, 09:08   #314
BHPian

Have again written to Honda for RCA and sharing the reason of failure. We as Civic owners need to push further collectively to let Honda know that this issue need to be looked into with seriousness.
Jazzwithme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 10:01   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Have again written to Honda for RCA and sharing the reason of failure. We as Civic owners need to push further collectively to let Honda know that this issue need to be looked into with seriousness.
I have done the same and written to Honda India to at least send out a service advisory to customers if not a recall. A recall would be preferable as if this happens when the car is in motion on a busy highway at speed, and God forbid while overtaking or other maneuvers, it can be down right dangerous for the driver and other vehicles on the road. Let's wait and see how Honda responds.
This is a critical issue, that is why Honda Globally has sent out a recall. They should have done the same for India customers too.

For reference here is the news article about Honda issuing a global recall related to faulty low pressure fuel pump, and this impacts multiple models across the Honda fleet

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...131500272.html

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...ty-fuel-pumps/

Last edited by ssenhyd : 10th April 2021 at 10:13. Reason: More clarity and grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks