Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2021, 05:33   #481
BHPian

Re: MG Hector : Official Review

Congrats buddy! Wish you many happy motoring kms. Answers to your questions below -

1. No
2. No, MG removed it from the bs6 versions
3. No
4. You can get a ceramic coating done on it… but you’ll have to regularly get it cleaned and possibly reapplied every 4-6 months. There is a also a plastic trim polish which you can get applied to maintain the look. This is a tough chore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
I recently took delivery of my Hector Plus and have a couple of questions to existing owners:

1. Can I permanently disable the 80 kmph speed warning

2. Is there a way to see the instantaneous fuel efficiency

3. Can I use the vehicle with ismart app in my mobile (say in case I forgot to carry the keys)

4. How do we maintain the black exterior plastic elements
dhruvwali is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 12:35   #482
BHPian

I went for a TD of Hector CVT and liked the overall driving experience. Just needed few inputs from owners / learned members:
1) At what speed does the car start to feel like a boat? I did touch 90kmph during TD and found it to be well planted. Not sure why people say it doesn't have feedback. Maybe I am comign from i20, hence don't have high expectations from steering wheel and its feedback

2) At 100kmph and above, what RPM does hector CVT cruise at? Will it be at 2.5k rmp and make car feel underpowered? Will it be able to overtake on highway at such speed?

3) After quick braking, if I floored accelerator, the engine took a second or two to give that turbo push. Is that normla trait of CVT or turbo engine? Or just an issue with hector?

4) Have anyone got dechorming done on black or red colour hector? Please share pictures and do share whether dealership does it.

I went in for Astor but liked Hector more. Seems like more people are now going for Hector as for 30mins I spent in showroom, I could see immense crowd whereas later at mahindra showroom I could find only 1 family looking at XUV
manpreetsj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 11:22   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvwali View Post
Congrats buddy! Wish you many happy motoring kms. Answers to your questions below -

1. No
2. No, MG removed it from the bs6 versions
3. No
4. You can get a ceramic coating done on it… but you’ll have to regularly get it cleaned and possibly reapplied every 4-6 months. There is a also a plastic trim polish which you can get applied to maintain the look. This is a tough chore.
Thanks Dhruv for the responses.

Another query, how accurate are the SmartDrive numbers (Fuel Efficiency, Total Kms Run, Average Speed etc.) in the iSMART app.
Old 18th October 2021, 11:58   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
Thanks Dhruv for the responses.

Another query, how accurate are the SmartDrive numbers (Fuel Efficiency, Total Kms Run, Average Speed etc.) in the iSMART app.
Fairly accurate, fuel efficiency might be off by 0.5kmpl if you compare tankful to tankful, but ive found it to be mostly accurate.

note - compare this over large distances driven - that will give true picture, dont see efficiency in under 10kms driven, that will give widely varied result.
dhruvwali is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 21:17   #485

Finally booked my Hector CVT Sharp. SA said that waiting period is around 12 weeks. so now patiently waiting for the delivery.
madugulagopi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 08:15   #486

Finally took the plunge. Booked Hector Shine CVT Black yesterday. SA promised the car in 5 weeks time.
*Discount demanded & is offered ₹5000/- off only
*Insurance will be offered with par to online quotes on final payment

Now will have to find ways (aftermarket) to:
1) de-chrome exteriors
2) exchange alloys & tires to one size bigger
3) install 360° camera
4) install auto IRVM
5) install sequential indicators in front & back
6) change speakers (maybe later)
Car Stalker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 19:18   #487

Fellow BHPians,

Are there any after market additions/changes that you recommend for Hector Sharp model?
Old 21st October 2021, 19:27   #488
BHPian

Is there any way to stiffen the suspensions so the ride is less bouncy at highway speeds?

Last edited by farhadtarapore : 21st October 2021 at 19:27. Reason: grammar typo
Old 21st October 2021, 20:12   #489
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
Is there any way to stiffen the suspensions so the ride is less bouncy at highway speeds?
Those rogerab buffers may do the trick. The logic says they should alleviate some bounciness. Try it and let us know, please.
mayankk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 11:33   #490
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madugulagopi View Post
I have taken a long test drive of Hector CVT today and found that the suspension to be little off. I could feel every pothole in the cabin... SA said its because of the Test drive vehicle.
I had a similar experience during my test drive. I even put a query on both the Hector Plus and Hector threads but got no explanation.

Now that my own Hector Plus has been delivered. I have found it much more comfortable! (Waiting for some highway drives in order to put together a useful ownership review!)

My suspicion is- the showroom guys keep the tires overinflated in order to get better mileage. This results in a harder than usual ride. Of course, it could also be some issue with the TD vehicle. After all, so many people test drive them!
RiverRanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 09:48   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRanger View Post
I had a similar experience during my test drive. I even put a query on both the Hector Plus and Hector threads but got no explanation.

Now that my own Hector Plus has been delivered. I have found it much more comfortable! (Waiting for some highway drives in order to put together a useful ownership review!)

My suspicion is- the showroom guys keep the tires overinflated in order to get better mileage. This results in a harder than usual ride. Of course, it could also be some issue with the TD vehicle. After all, so many people test drive them!
I agree with @RiverRanger. I got my Hector Plus recently. The USP of Hector is its ability to absorb road characteristics at low speeds. I have stopped slowing down for mild undulations on the road.
TSEA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 07:33   #492
BHPian

I had an interesting perspective from a tyre dealer. He said hard ride happens when you reduce pressure. Soft ride happens when you increase pressure. Ofcourse, optimum pressure is what the tyre is designed for.

Now, this was very contrary to what I thought I knew.
SO tried to think it through.

What if - when tyre pressure is lower, the suspensions dont work as effectively and therefore the ride gets harsher in a certain way.

When tyre pressure increases there is more direct transfer of the pressure to the suspensions and it works as intended.

Does this make sense?
Old 31st October 2021, 08:04   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post
I had an interesting perspective from a tyre dealer. He said hard ride happens when you reduce pressure. Soft ride happens when you increase pressure. Ofcourse, optimum pressure is what the tyre is designed for.

Now, this was very contrary to what I thought I knew.
SO tried to think it through.

What if - when tyre pressure is lower, the suspensions dont work as effectively and therefore the ride gets harsher in a certain way.

When tyre pressure increases there is more direct transfer of the pressure to the suspensions and it works as intended.

Does this make sense?
I wish Hector’s suspension was as dynamic as this, sadly such features are only there in much more expensive cars
Old 7th November 2021, 08:48   #494
BHPian

Finally there is a good review/comparison between Hector Petrol CVT and DCT.
manpreetsj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 13:57   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

I had a question to owners about the chrome bits, on the waistline, headlights etc. Has anyone removed them for any purpose? Replacement, cleaning, whatever.

I want to take them off and put in black vinyl or paint them. Was always the plan to have it all black. Now that I've had it for a year, I really want to do that. The black wheels worked out good, and the new cars have much less bling than my version, and it looks smoking hot.

I'm only worried that it may not get put back together properly, and a rattle or a squeak will annoy me no end!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks