Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2020, 10:23   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Ah damn. I am expecting delivery of the 4x2 Titanium+ endeavour next week. It is a December manufacture model, however, my sales rep conveniently missed out on mentioning these feature deletions. This is absolutely rubbish on Ford's end.
Congratulations! Yes, dealers maintain silence about these things unless you explicitly ask them about it. Not fair on Ford's part, although personally I do not think I'll miss either of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushmaster View Post
Please go through the link, you will know the exact working. This if or other ford model, but I think the working should be the same
Thanks. Looks like an additional heater that does not rely on engine's heat to heat up the cabin, something you'd need in extremely cold situations.
Old 17th December 2020, 14:37   #122
BHPian

As per my understanding, an auxiliary heater refers to having a proper heat pump in the car (all electric vehicles can have only this kind of unit to achieve heating).
Conventional heaters in ICE cars rely on heat exchange with hot coolant - making for a very elegant and efficient way to heat up the cabin, all the while cooling down coolant a little as well.

That said, since the Endeavour takes it own sweet time to start really heating on a cold morning (basically, not until the engine reaches operating temperature), I think it doesn't have an auxiliary heater.

I think Ford/dealers are using an incorrect term to refer to what is actually the cabin's rear heater, which as I understand it, has a separate heater core. And that is what will be deleted IMO.

Last edited by Mu009 : 17th December 2020 at 14:39. Reason: Corrections
Mu009 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 14:47   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
I think Ford/dealers are using an incorrect term to refer to what is actually the cabin's rear heater, which as I understand it, has a separate heater core. And that is what will be deleted IMO.
Thanks! Is there any explicit mention of "Auxiliary Heater" in the Endeavour's user manual?
Old 17th December 2020, 15:55   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Thanks! Is there any explicit mention of "Auxiliary Heater" in the Endeavour's user manual?
I was looking for this yesterday and stumbled across PTC Heater "where fitted" referenced to a 5A fuse in the Endeavour's manual however no mention on it's activation. It really would be handy to have in England as it can get pretty cold here during winters
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-ford-endeavour-bath-england.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-ford-endeavour-hilton-uk.jpg  

Arbind Ray is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 17:07   #125
BHPian

Does that mean that the feature deletion will affect the models manufactured from December onwards only?

Last edited by 330i : 17th December 2020 at 17:21.
Old 17th December 2020, 17:56   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbind Ray View Post
I was looking for this yesterday and stumbled across PTC Heater "where fitted" referenced to a 5A fuse in the Endeavour's manual however no mention on it's activation. It really would be handy to have in England as it can get pretty cold here during winters
If there is no mention of the heater in the user manual, what are they deleting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
Does that mean that the feature deletion will affect the models manufactured from December onwards only?
Yes, all models manufactured on or after 01 December 2020. The "cut off" VIN as seen in the relevant post implies the same.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 18:26   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbind Ray View Post
Hi smnrock...would be interested in finding out what you learn
My previous car came with default something called rough road package, so i did not bother anything about underbody. But endeavour does not seems to be having anything like that, So decided to go ahead with anti-rust coating, but not yet decided on where to do. Only place i know is 3M stores.

Anyone has better and cheaper suggestion in Bangalore, preferably in whitefield area?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
From 2020 December, another set of feature deletions from Ford Endeavour.
Is there a way to check the feature exists or not? Brochure downloaded on November 5th mentions about active noise cancellation, but not in the one downloaded on November 24th. Mine is November manufactured one.
Old 17th December 2020, 18:42   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
But endeavour does not seems to be having anything like that, So decided to go ahead with anti-rust coating, but not yet decided on where to do. Only place i know is 3M stores.
Modern cars do not require additional anti-rust coating, as this is taken care of by most reputed manufacturers. Please see this article for more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smnrock View Post
Is there a way to check the feature exists or not? Brochure downloaded on November 5th mentions about active noise cancellation, but not in the one downloaded on November 24th. Mine is November manufactured one.
If your car was manufactured in November, it should have ANC. Easiest way to verify this is to look for those tiny microphones on the roof, as shown in this image.

BTW, the Ford India website still talks about ANC as a feature - see here.

Last edited by cool_dube : 17th December 2020 at 18:51.
Old 18th December 2020, 16:34   #129
BHPian

Thanks to a friend who checked out the December 2020 manufactured Endeavour in person, following are the pictures showing the features deletion:

Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) - apart from Microphone for handsfree calling, other 3 Microphones for ANC have been removed from the roof
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-endeavourlt1.jpeg

Rear Heater removal - The rear HVAC has now been reduced just to AC and there is now only blower speed adjustment knob
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-endeavourlt2.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-endeavour_lt_etis1a.jpg

Apart from this, the design of the alloys on the 4x2 versions have been changed back to the original single tone alloys among other changes to the 4x2 variants
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-endeavour4x2alloys.jpeg
A.G. is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 17:21   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) - apart from Microphone for handsfree calling, other 3 Microphones for ANC have been removed from the roof.
So the ANC is indeed gone! It will be interesting to note the increase in ambient cabin noise, if any, post this change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Rear Heater removal - The rear HVAC has now been reduced just to AC and there is now only blower speed adjustment knob
So, does this essentially mean that Ford has done away with the independent rear a/c unit altogether, and air-conditioning for all the 3 rows will now be controlled via front console?

Another question to Endeavour owners - what is the current provision for heating the car in extreme cold situations, say sub-zero temperatures? Does this change impact the same in any way?

Quote:
Mystery solved! See the excerpt given below, from Endeavour's user manual (soft copy):

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-endy.jpg

So, the "Aux Heater" is essentially the rear heater, which is now gone, as confirmed by the post above from A.G.!

Mods - apologies for back to back posts. Please merge.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th December 2020 at 21:34. Reason: Back to back posts.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 21:07   #131
BHPian

Poor Ford! God know what all they are planning to strip off from a well placed product. I had a nightmare that Ford took away all deleted stuffs from my car, which is 2017 version- everything as launched but with Sync 3.

Ford do not realise that such deletion are not helping them anyway.
Next would be sunroof from 4X2 models. Guys hurry up, if still interested.

Last edited by Wanderers : 18th December 2020 at 21:09.
Wanderers is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 22:28   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Poor Ford! God know what all they are planning to strip off from a well placed product.
Seriously! Looks like someone in the higher ups at Ford India is all out to sabotage such a good product
Old 19th December 2020, 09:56   #133
BHPian

Just can’t understand why ford is doing this Endeavour is such a good product but with this feature deletion ford is shooting its own feet. Seeing this approach i think ford future in india is uncertain.
sachin2612 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 21:22   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Modern cars do not require additional anti-rust coating, as this is taken care of by most reputed manufacturers. Please see this article for more info.
Thats what my understanding as well. But someone shared his experience here, that he had to sell his endeavour due to poor rusting mainly due to usage near coastal area(though his other vehicles never had any such issue).

Quote:
If your car was manufactured in November, it should have ANC. Easiest way to verify this is to look for those tiny microphones on the roof, as shown in this image.
Yes, it is present
Old 24th December 2020, 13:36   #135
BHPian

To put it in simple words
The car comes with a 2 zone climate control now, which used to be 3 zone in the older models
123.rishabh is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks