Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2022, 10:57   #181
BHPian

Re: Kia Carnival : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
A little bird told me to expect the facelift carnival launch for Q3 FY23, in time for the festive season.
Kia Carnival that's sold internationally is the redesigned one launched in 2021. What's sold in India is the design that was introduced in 2015.

So they should be launching the new generation Carnival.
Old 28th June 2022, 11:27   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
A little bird told me to expect the facelift carnival launch for Q3 FY23, in time for the festive season.
That’s pretty late. They have eeked on another year from this old model in India, while the new generation has already been on sale in international markets for quite some time now. Not cool.
Old 17th July 2022, 16:47   #183
BHPian

Since Carnival is CKD, can we expect a better build quality and not like Seltos/Carens?
Old 22nd July 2022, 14:14   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
Since Carnival is CKD, can we expect a better build quality and not like Seltos/Carens?
The Gen 4 or the 2021 redesigned one that's yet to be launched in India scored a 5 star Australian NCAP rating.

https://www.motoroids.com/news/2022-...ap-crash-test/
sweetvar26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 14:12   #185
BHPian

AC stops working immediately after 40000 kms Service @JSP Kia Hosur Road

[KIA CARNIVAL AC stops working immediately after 40000 kms Service @JSP Kia, Hosur Road ]

Kia Carnival : Official Review-20220725_105617.jpg

Kia Carnival : Official Review-20220725_124934.jpg

I am writing this to document the ordeal I'm going through after the 40,000 kms routine service at JSP KIA- Hosur Road, Bangalore.
The car was taken in for service on 16-07-2022. During the service MR.TARESH (service head) informed me that a service campaign to replace 2 hose pipes for engine coolant is due and compulsory as per instructions from KIA. When I asked why the hose pipes need replacement, I was informed that the stock hose pipes are subject to heating which may result in the pipes getting cut- leaking coolant. I, therefore, agreed reluctantly since I was worried about components in the engine bay being disturbed during the process. The service was completed and handed over by 4.30 PM. Given the Bangalore weather and intermittent rains, I did not switch on the AC. I hardly used the car for the few days after service and those short trips were also made without switching on the AC. Fast forward to Saturday, we started early morning at 3.30 AM to Hyderabad and by about 8 AM when I thought I will need AC, I noticed that the blower was functioning but there was no cooling. I tried the lowest possible temperature and the highest fan speed to recheck if the AC is functioning, and the result was absolutely no cooling. Shocked by this, I called up Service Advisor RAJA at JSP KIA - Hosur Road, Bangalore to check if he noticed any problem with the AC. He confirmed that the AC was functioning fine and denied all possibilities of wrongdoings/human error by technicians in the service centre. I reached Hyderabad without AC and took the car for inspection to KIA AUTOMOTIVE in GACHIBOWLI, HYDERABAD. Upon inspection one MR. NARESH ( possibly their service head ) was quick to conclude that my front bumper damage may have caused the rubbing between the condenser and the copper tubing. I told MR. Naresh that the front bumper damage happened more than 2 years ago and it is not logical/believable that the condenser which took the impact before 2 years did not fail for more than 24 months. As evidence of my claim, I told Mr. NARESH that he is free to check the service records at all service centres where my KIA CARNIVAL was serviced since they will have pictures/records of damages when the vehicle was checked in and out. Then MR.NARESH accepted the possibility of technicians accidentally causing damage to the condenser while replacing the hose pipes. Post this conversation, I shared pictures of the condenser with MR.Taresh in JSP KIA- BANGALORE. He too accepted the possibility of human error but he insisted on a physical inspection of the car once I'm back in Bangalore. Therefore, I was forced to drive overnight with my wife and 2 children without AC from Hyderabad to Bangalore. I took the car for an inspection today and MR. TARESH denied even the remotest of chances that the condenser could have been damaged due to lapses by the technicians. According to MR. TARESH , this is due to the impact that happened before 2 years and he believes that the perfectly fine AC which went bad immediately after service is purely a coincidence for which JSP KIA will not assume any responsibility. I am attaching the photo of the condenser as well as the front bumper for reference of the distinguished Team-BHP members. It would be an understatement for me to say that the logic presented by Mr. Taresh is plain ridiculous! Now I request opinions/thoughts/advice from Team-BHP members on what is the best way forward. I'm told that the condenser replacement will set me back by at least 25,000/- not including Gas Refilling.

Some of the unanswered questions in my mind -

1. If the condenser was impacted along with the front bumper before 2 years, would it really take this long for the AC to fail?

2. If the condenser was indeed impacted before 2 years, how come none of the service centres across Hyderabad/Bangalore/Chennai catch this issue?

3. If JSP KIA, Bangalore is trying to hide the lapses of technicians behind long existing bumper damage, how do I escalate this?

4. Is aluminium welding reliable if KIA hangs me out to dry with this issue?

Last but not least, to all prospective buyers of KIA CARNIVAL and existing Owners I want to say that I am extremely worried about the long-term ownership of my Carnival given the lack of expertise of KIA Service Centers in handling a CKD Car like CARNIVAL.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th September 2022 at 18:22. Reason: Spacing, attachment error
vsrikkanth is offline   (7) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 28th July 2022, 11:40   #186
BHPian

Hi guys,

Any update on the 4th GEN carnival coming to India? I saw a lot of steam about it in Jan 2022 and then everything just went silent,

Considering its been almost 3 years since the New gen is released abroad, Wonder why Kia is not releasing the same in India. I don't want to buy the current carnival as I would be settling for less knowing new one is already out. I was looking forward to it in 2021, but it did not come so have picked up the XUV700. However I have another car to replace and wondering if I should wait for the New carnival.. Will it ever make its way here? or are we Indians treated as Second class to the world by giving old designs and less features!!
Shai100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 17:33   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
Hi guys,

Any update on the 4th GEN carnival coming to India? I saw a lot of steam about it in Jan 2022 and then everything just went silent,

My dealer tells me that the launch of the next gen Carnival could be around festive season with deliveries beginning Dec/Jan.
Old 1st August 2022, 19:42   #188
Senior - BHPian

This is true. The same has been communicated by the dealers to most waitlisted buyers who are sitting on the booking fence.
Old 16th August 2022, 11:49   #189
BHPian

I checked with Capital KIA Chennai regarding the updated Carnival. They still insist that they have no information on updated Carnival being available in India during festival season.
Old 30th August 2022, 14:52   #190
Senior - BHPian

Re: AC stops working immediately after 40000 kms Service @JSP Kia Hosur Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrikkanth View Post
[KIA CARNIVAL AC stops working immediately after 40000 kms Service @JSP Kia, Hosur Road ]
Hi Vsrikkanth, how was the issue resolved in the end? Was it conclusively proven that the issue was due to human error at the dealership?

Quote:
In addition, I have recently installed a suspension modulator for Carnival - there is no need but I thought that could take the load off the suspension and prolong it's life. So far the experience is superb. My GC has gone up by atleast 25mm. The ride is still soft and compliant and the truck recovers well from craters and speed breakers in Bangalore.
Could you share more about your experience with the modulator, also from where did you purchase it and got it installed?

Last edited by rrsteer : 30th August 2022 at 14:57.
Old 30th August 2022, 18:43   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Hi Vsrikkanth, how was the issue resolved in the end? Was it conclusively proven that the issue was due to human error at the dealership?
It was a wrong diagnosis. Apparently my right wheel landed in the crater and the damage was under the area around skid plate. That kind of twisted the condenser clamp and the copper piping rubbed against the condenser causing the damage and leak. Another ASS was able to diagnose this and explain the reason to my satisfaction. They even showed the area of impact. The old ASS who performed the routine service never checked the AC and upon raising a complaint they have probably lied that the AC worked fine when the vehicle was in their custody.
vsrikkanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 18:46   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Could you share more about your experience with the modulator, also from where did you purchase it and got it installed?
The experience is good, the modulator besides increasing the GC has made the suspension a touch stiffer - this means my Carnival now recovers faster from speed breakers and potholes. I got this from tyre empire in Bangalore. It's a Bangalore based brand called Jupitune - costed 8500 rs with installation.
vsrikkanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 18:51   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrikkanth View Post
Another ASS was able to diagnose this and explain the reason to my satisfaction. They even showed the area of impact. The old ASS who performed the routine service never checked the AC and upon raising a complaint they have probably lied that the AC worked fine when the vehicle was in their custody.
So this incident (right tyre landing in a crater) happened at the old ASS or while you were driving and it skipped your notice?
Old 31st August 2022, 10:01   #194
BHPian

Quote:
So this incident (right tyre landing in a crater) happened at the old ASS or while you were driving and it skipped your notice?
It happened before the routine service due to infamous Bangalore roads. It was a blind turn and I did not see the deep crater coming. Any car except Thar would have suffered some damage. The old ASS should have caught it if they had done their checks properly. Kia mandates 42 point check which includes AC too but am sure they won't check unless customer reports any issue. But it was a coincidence that the AC failed immediately after the service. The only fault of ASS is not running all checks and lying that the AC was functioning properly when they gave delivery. Given the climate in Bangalore, you will never notice AC issues immediately.
vsrikkanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2022, 17:37   #195
Senior - BHPian

Some mileage I got in the Carnival recently.
We were 4 adults + 2 kids and wanted to go slow to a destination, that we had left early for.
Its only when I glanced at the speedo I noticed the stunning FE the car was returning.
I continued what I was doing till 100km and then lost patience.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carnival : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20221004-7.15.59-pm-4.jpeg  

Last edited by rrsteer : 7th October 2022 at 17:38.
rrsteer is online now   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks