Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2020, 08:51   #91

Re: Kia Carnival : Official Review

Very nice review enjoyed reading it.
I have driven kia carnival 2500 kms in Malshej, Lonavala, Mulshi area and I am very happy with it.
Previously I have used 2 innova and I think it is much better than Innova on all aspects.
Even instead of Mercedes A 180 my daughter love towards Kia Carnival is more, will find time to write detail review soon but overall good choice for luxury MPV customers.
Old 12th October 2020, 10:05   #92
BANNED

Autocar India did a comparison of the Carnival and the Innova Crysta. Call carnival "the superior vehicle"

https://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fe...anguard-418676
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2020, 00:14   #93
BHPian

Hi All, I am thinking of buying a carnival and needed 2 data points to make my final decision:

1. Mileage: Did not see much anywhere in net and here too. Do we have some owners who can share real life mileage? I am not that finicky about it but it should not be like 6-7 too!!

2. Suggestions needed: is it wiser to wait for the next gen which was recently launched in S Korea and expected to come to India in 2022? I can wait a year or so if its early 2022 but not any longer. Anyone has read any news about when its coming in India/

TIA
Old 1st November 2020, 07:58   #94

Hi Suchit,
As I am owning Kia Carnival last 8 months I can help to answer first question.
I have driven car to Malshej, Mulshi, Kokan area and my experience is on an average it given mileage around 9 to 10.
I have got 10 on highway and 9 If it's combination of city and highway.

Considering its huge size and parking headache I am using it mainly for family outing and happy with 9 to 10 mileage.

On second question I feel this car is having all the good features and I am not regretting for its purchase but you are not in a hurry to buy you can wait for new version.

MOD NOTE : Please capitalize where necessary [ for eg. names]. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st November 2020 at 08:12. Reason: Mod note attached.
VTCarlove is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 3rd November 2020, 10:37   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTCarlove View Post
I have got 10 on highway and 9 If it's combination of city and highway.
Thank you very much!!! I agree with you it already has enough features one need not be greedy to wait for next gen. Also not sure when Kia will consider the India market considering it launched this generation in India almost towards its fag end.

While we are talking what about the low ground clearance? Is it causing any issues in our Indian roads? is it 170 mm or 180 mm I see conflicting data in the internet for this.
Old 3rd November 2020, 19:25   #96

Hi Suchit,

I have not faced any major issue on Indian roads, but normally when I go to my native place and remote places on our farms with bad roads, I have found there some limitations. Still, there's not much to worry about.

Ground clearance is 170 as per my understanding.

Thanks
Vivek

Last edited by Aditya : 10th November 2020 at 04:27. Reason: Grammar
VTCarlove is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 20:08   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTCarlove View Post

Ground clearance is 170 as per my understanding.

Thanks
Vivek
Weird how Innova has just 8mm more GC but tackles almost all kinds of bad terrain. Longer wheelbase and rear overhang must be the culprit.
Old 9th November 2020, 21:19   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Weird how Innova has just 8mm more GC but tackles almost all kinds of bad terrain.
Actually I feel the Crysta has a higher ground clearance than the 176mm which is mentioned in the brochure, to keep some taxes in check. A similar thing was done with the XUV500 as well.

I say this because the earlier Innova I had also had 176mm on paper but when I sit in a Crysta it feels higher than the older Innova. So definitely some number game has been played by Toyota.
Old 9th November 2020, 21:21   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Weird how Innova has just 8mm more GC but tackles almost all kinds of bad terrain. Longer wheelbase and rear overhang must be the culprit.
8 mm is a lot when it comes to GC. Overhang and suspension tuning are other factors.
Old 27th November 2020, 15:01   #100
Senior - BHPian

Kia Carnival interior transformation by DC Design

Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2020, 18:54   #101
Senior - BHPian

Spotted quite a handful Carnivals on road off late. Most of them are in Black, one in White (Limo variant with Chrome alloy rims), another White &. Silver. Looks best in Black Limo variant, but that's me, other can differ.

It seems to ride... Smooth commuter IMO. Also the ground clearance isn't as bad as it appears from specs. Definitely a buy when you consider Innova's top variants.
Old 28th November 2020, 13:30   #102
BHPian

Been seeing a lot of the Carnivals here in Mumbai, the limousine version primarily, seen a couple of adverts as well mentioning a considerable exchange discount & service package, accessories etc thrown in, I reckon these would carry forward for December year end sales as well.
Old 12th January 2021, 16:41   #103
BHPian

I think the 21 model looks "butch" for an MUV. Reminds me of the Hexa. Perfect balance of SUV & MUV body styles.

anoopGTkrish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 23:49   #104
Senior - BHPian

For its long wheelbase and front and rear overhangs, its ground clearance is quite low which will hinder it from being used as a touring vehicle. Especially with a full passenger load, it will not be able to handle bad roads well.

Ideally such a long vehicle should have 200 to 210 mm of clearance and preferably should have come with an all-wheel-drive (AWD) option. An front wheel drive for such a long vehicle is not confidence inspiring especially on ghat roads and inclines.

If Kia can release an 'SUV' version of Carnival with 210 mm ground clearance and a 4WD/AWD option for better road traction, this will be a big sales hit in India.
Its size makes it a perfect 3 row 7 t 8 seater with a properly large luggage space with all 3 rows occupied.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 12th January 2021 at 23:51.
Old 13th January 2021, 09:23   #105
BHPian

We have the Premium model and have driven it for last 6 months in Navi Mumbai, Mumbai, Thane and Lonavala. Have not faced any issues with ground clearance on speed breakers.

Unless the breaker is abnormally high, there is no issue about clearance. Vehicles with much lower clearance drive daily on these roads and dont face any issues, then why should this vehicle?

Its definitely not an off road vehicle and should not be compared to an SUV like Fortuner. The comfort level and space is much more than fortuner especially the back seat.
jalanrishikesh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks