Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2022, 19:50   #196
BHPian

Re: Kia Carnival : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
Some mileage I got in the Carnival recently.
We were 4 adults + 2 kids and wanted to go slow to a destination, that we had left early for.
Its only when I glanced at the speedo I noticed the stunning FE the car was returning.
I continued what I was doing till 100km and then lost patience.
What did you do to get this surreal FE? The max I have got is 18.2 kmpl, driving not more than 100 kmph.
Old 17th October 2022, 22:06   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrikkanth View Post
What did you do to get this surreal FE? The max I have got is 18.2 kmpl, driving not more than 100 kmph.
I was lucky to get perfect driving conditions. It was a Sunday morning, sparse traffic and a recently finished highway. I never crossed 75 kmph, hardly braked and tried to conserve momentum as much as possible.
rrsteer is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2022, 06:41   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrsteer View Post
I was lucky to get perfect driving conditions. It was a Sunday morning, sparse traffic and a recently finished highway. I never crossed 75 kmph, hardly braked and tried to conserve momentum as much as possible.
It's indeed a very frugal engine, rewards disciplined driving. Not sure how other larger displacement engines would fare in the FE department, with the vehicle as heavy as the Carnival..
Old 18th November 2022, 11:07   #199
BHPian

Both Chennai dealers are saying that KIA is not allocating Carnival to dealers for the past 2 months. Is this true in other places too?
Old 18th November 2022, 11:16   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopalnt View Post
Both Chennai dealers are saying that KIA is not allocating Carnival to dealers for the past 2 months. Is this true in other places too?
Is the new Carnival FINALLY coming to India ? They make very well launch it after the Innova Hycross launch - once they know its pricing
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 19:32   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Is the new Carnival FINALLY coming to India ? They make very well launch it after the Innova Hycross launch - once they know its pricing
The dealers say KIA is not committing on that either, it seems they are focused on all cars except Carnival. They are giving Chip shortage as one of the reason but it's hard to believe.
Old 19th November 2022, 10:38   #202
BHPian

Re: AC stops working immediately after 40000 kms Service @JSP Kia Hosur Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrikkanth View Post
The experience is good
Hey vsrikkanthvsrikkanth,

I wanted to quiz you a bit on the suspension modulator. Does it run the risk of voiding warranty? Did you run it past the Kia SS? Finally, theoretically what are downsides of using a modulator over the long term?

You have been running on the modulator a while now. Any incremental feedback?

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th November 2022, 11:10   #203
BHPian

Re: AC stops working immediately after 40000 kms Service @JSP Kia Hosur Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwartz View Post
Hey vsrikkanthvsrikkanth,

I wanted to quiz you a bit on the suspension modulator. Does it run the risk of voiding warranty? Did you run it past the Kia SS? Finally, theoretically what are downsides of using a modulator over the long term?

You have been running on the modulator a while now. Any incremental feedback?

Thanks in advance.
I have driven over 10k kms with the modulator, I don't see any downsides. Infact I feel the modulator would extend the life of the suspension given the weight of this behemoth. Besides increasing the GC by at least 25mm, the modulator has added some much needed stiffness to the soft suspension, which means my Carnival now recovers faster over tall speed breakers and deep craters.

As for the warranty, I did check with my ASS, They haven't given anything in writing but they agree informally that the modulator is unlikely to negatively impact the suspension in anyway...
vsrikkanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2022, 14:04   #204
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Shared this article with my SA in KIA and he says this is true and carnival is coming in April 2023. Is this confirmed news? Any other inputs? https://www.rushlane.com/amp/new-kia...-12455163.html

Regards
Dev
Old 18th December 2022, 10:23   #205
BHPian

I have checked with the dealer in Hyderabad. KIA Carnival has a long waiting list. The company is not manufacturing enough Carnivals. The reason being KIA is focusing on its other flagship cars like Carens and Seltos. The dealer didn’t have info on the launch timelines of the new Carnival, but he mentioned that the new Carnival pricing will be considerably higher than the outgoing one.

My 2 cents. KIA will wait till the launch of all the new Innova (Hycross). Based on how the Hycross is priced, they will play the game accordingly. One unbeatable advantage KIA has over Toyota is, it can launch New Carnival with Hybrid and Diesel engines.
If you are in the market of buying an MPV and has a stretched budget for Carnival, go for it as the new one may be priced out of your budget. Carnival is a very good value for money MPV considering space, tech, refinement, and comfort. However if budget is not a constrain then wait for the new Carnival.
Old 5th March 2023, 20:24   #206
Senior - BHPian

Any idea why the base (premium) model of the current Carnival was discontinued? Something to do with the new KA4 launch?
Based on speculations that the price may cross 50 Lakhs, I am thinking that Kia may bring up the "Hi Limousine" variant as well, apart from discontinuing the base variants.

Last edited by jinojohnt : 5th March 2023 at 20:29.
Old 5th March 2023, 20:52   #207
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinojohnt View Post
Any idea why the base (premium) model of the current Carnival was discontinued? Something to do with the new KA4 launch?
Based on speculations that the price may cross 50 Lakhs, I am thinking that Kia may bring up the "Hi Limousine" variant as well, apart from discontinuing the base variants.
I’d like to think it was because they ran out of kits for the lower model. Let’s not forget that the car still being sold here has been discontinued in the global market for a couple of years now.

Carnival base model started within 10% of where the Crysta topped out. That same range seems doable to me, especially considering the lower GST on diesels as compared to strong hybrids (god help our policy makers). As such, I will expect the base model KA4/new Carnival to start at around 35 ex showroom, which will be a sweet sweet deal considering it is a good 2 sizes bigger than the HyCross and is a car tailored for the American market. It is not an emerging markets only product.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 16:29   #208
BHPian

Hi

It is now clear that the Carnival is being discontinued .

I was in the market to buy the Hycross but did not like the fit and finish. On road for Hycross is also near 39 for corporates while for Carnival is near 43

I quite like the carnival interiors though i realize the tech is dated

Do you think it may still make sense to buy the last few pieces of Carnival or wait for the new KA4 which is likely to be 50+ easily.
Old 6th March 2023, 16:34   #209
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokJain View Post
Hi

It is now clear that the Carnival is being discontinued .

I was in the market to buy the Hycross but did not like the fit and finish. On road for Hycross is also near 39 for corporates while for Carnival is near 43

I quite like the carnival interiors though i realize the tech is dated

Do you think it may still make sense to buy the last few pieces of Carnival or wait for the new KA4 which is likely to be 50+ easily.
I am in the same boat as you. I am holding on to my HyCross booking for now, while waiting for the new Carnival. Of course, the top end Carnival will be priced in the Fortuner range. But I expect a base model at around or slightly above the top end HyCross ZX(O). Just the the current Carnival vs Crysta.
Old 6th March 2023, 16:38   #210
BHPian

My KIA dealers says KA4 will be priced much higher as initially it will be CBU vs CKD for current Carnival.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks