Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2022, 17:16   #361
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

On the lookout for a small used car here in the Netherlands, I ended up booking a Rapid Spaceback. Not sure if there are other "Spacebacks" in this or other Rapid thread on the forum.
The Rapid Spaceback fit our requirements to the T, hence went ahead with the booking.
It has a 1.2 TSI 110HP turbocharged Inline 4 cylinder engine. Max power and torque of 109Bhp and 175NM respectively - almost the same figures as the Rapid in India.
This is a top end manual version, and comes with some extra features, including a glass roof and 17 inchers. It was in top condition and felt and drove like new, hence the decision to go ahead. Delivery is on Friday this week. Hope to click more pictures and continue the story.
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-rapid1.jpg

Last edited by aneezan : 20th April 2022 at 17:29.
aneezan is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th June 2022, 23:49   #362
BHPian

Hey fellow Rapid owners,

Any idea on the capacity of Rapid 1.0 TSI engine oil capacity ? I just did an oil + filter change recently and just filled on 3.8 liters of Liqy Moly Molygen 5w40. I have purposefully stored the last 200ml as I was not sure of the capacity.

Any leads on this would be appreciated. TIA
ankitsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 12:21   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
These changes are for MC Rapid, and all these additions came in very recently I think around November. This is a pan India change, you can download brochure from Skoda India website which also mentions these changes.
Hi, do you have the product code for the side rail beading?
Old 5th August 2022, 18:17   #364
BHPian

My Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI which is around 1 year old did not start this morning.The engine was cranking but that’s it.There is no issue with the battery as all electricals are working and also the engine wont crank if battery was dead/weak.I opened the bonnet to check what could be wrong just then I saw a rat running out

Well the rat must have eaten up some wires!I called up Skoda RSA they sent the technician in about an hour who after checking suspected an issue with the Fuel Pump caused by possible rat bite. He arranged the flat bed and the car is on the way to the service station.

Though I have the service package and the car is under warranty I don’t think it will cover the expenses due to rat bite.

Any one had any similar experience pls share and what possible expense I might be looking at?

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-9779613950fd4d9f8776a3b4c6b0d856.jpeg

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-6227017b3697495a9aeea56faff0e2e4.jpeg

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-e10c55b8ae524403be98462381a67381.jpeg
sameer sultan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 12:12   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post

Though I have the service package and the car is under warranty I don’t think it will cover the expenses due to rat bite.

Any one had any similar experience pls share and what possible expense I might be looking at?
My Polo 1.2MPI was a victim of severe rat bite, the rat chewed off main wiring that runs from BCM to dashboard, as a result the AC started malfunctioning and the instrument cluster too malfunctioned.

The VW service center changed the instrument cluster under warranty and notified me that the complete wiring harness has to be changed. After waiting for approximately a month, I asked them to repair the harness which they reluctantly did as they suspected it to not work. They did soldering and repaired the harness and all came good in their scan.

In your case look for any malfunctioning electrical, it can be as small as continuously blinking fuel indicator on the instrument cluster which happened in my case. However, as your car is at service center now the technician will be able to find the source easily by a quick scan.

For future safety try 3M Anti-rodent spray (must be done every 6 months), and try parking at a much safer location.
any23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 23:40   #366
BHPian

Hello everyone,

The headlights of Rapid are quite poor. The throw and intensity isn't good enough and it gets completely washed out when there are street lights.

Could someone suggest a better pair?

Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 14:15   #367
BHPian

Completed 54k kms with my Rapid DSG. Happy to report that it drives the way it did on the day one. There's not a single rattle so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img20220902wa0013.jpeg  

sachin_cs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 17:59   #368
BHPian

1.0 TSI Manual owners, what are your fuel efficiency figures in MID? I used to get 20-22 kmpl on highways earlier with AC on but recently it has dropped to 18-20 kmpl. Although I admit my driving style has become less sedate, are the new numbers normal?

On a separate note, how accurate have you found the MID figures to be as compared to your own calculations of mileage.
Old 20th September 2022, 09:34   #369
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
1.0 TSI Manual owners, what are your fuel efficiency figures in MID? I used to get 20-22 kmpl on highways earlier with AC on but recently it has dropped to 18-20 kmpl. Although I admit my driving style has become less sedate, are the new numbers normal?

On a separate note, how accurate have you found the MID figures to be as compared to your own calculations of mileage.
This is an above average / decent figures. I get similar efficiency in the long runs. 18-22 is the guidance range with both sides of the spectrum possible depending on the speeds maintained. MID numbers aren't entirely true, a full tank to refill measurement shows a realistic picture. I measure it once in a while.

I did a stage 1 Remap (Superchips Tune) and the turbo lag has significantly reduced. I don't go based on the numbers but the drivability has improved and its much smoother and the refinement feels one bar higher with marginal improvement in the efficiency.

Just for reference, the revised numbers are 135 HP / 242 NM.
Old 28th September 2022, 10:22   #370
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

This is how my Rapid's top strut mounts looks like.
I get tak-tak noise during complete stop at signals/parking and at times over potholes/speed humps.

Can someone enlighten me with what is the issue here and what needs to be changed / fixed ? I assume the top strut mounts are gone but within 1.5 Years + 25K kms it is too early for them to wear off.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220927-6.42.38-pm.jpeg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20220927-6.42.38-pm1.jpeg  

Old 10th October 2022, 13:26   #371
BANNED

I have recently done a stage 1+ (as they call it) remap on my Skoda Rapid 1.0TSI Monte Carlo through Code6 Kochi (no, my wife does not know this ). The air filter is also replaced with K&N replacement filter. The drivability in the city has been significantly improved with lesser need for down shifts. The 'improved torque' is felt from lower rpms itself. The engine is more free revving now, and the pickup is significantly improved. Overtakes are much faster, without the need for a downshift most of the time.

An incident has occured today morning, I was hearing 'whoosh whoosh' sound while leaving accelerator when the car was running. I analysed and got to know that the place where the air filter cover is connected to engine has come loose. Reconnected it back and made sure the lock is properly in place. Now everything is back to normal.
pavi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 19:11   #372
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Hello BHPians,

This is how my Rapid's top strut mounts looks like.
I get tak-tak noise during complete stop at signals/parking and at times over potholes/speed humps.

Can someone enlighten me with what is the issue here and what needs to be changed / fixed ? I assume the top strut mounts are gone but within 1.5 Years + 25K kms it is too early for them to wear off.
Have you done any fix for the above issue?
I will share a very recent experience with suspension noise in my Skoda Rapid 1.0TSI. I was hearing clunk noise (like a nut is loose, metal to metal contact sound) while going over 'reflectors on road' and over broken roads. I assumed it would be a bush in the lower control arm. Went to ASS, they checked the mounts and all bushes, control arm, link rod, etc. Everything was looking good, and they were unable to find the source of the noise.
I took the car back and after some days went to Code6 tuning and checked all the suspension parts, everything looks good. I then went for a test drive with the technician and we were able to get the noise a number of times. The technician suspected the steering rack and the car was up on lift. Voila, we got the culprit. It was indeed the steering rack. I went to ASS with our findings and today morning I got the car back after replacing the entire steering rack under warranty. Mine has covered 17,000 kms till now.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2022, 21:27   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Well not yet. I have my second service approaching and that is when I am thinking to pursue this.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I do not think it might be steering rack in my case but again I might be wrong. Will get this checked.

But steering rack change @ 17k is really concerning. Did you speak to anyone on why it failed so early ?
Old 31st October 2022, 23:00   #374
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
But steering rack change @ 17k is really concerning. Did you speak to anyone on why it failed so early ?
I checked with Code6 technician on that, he had told some failures like this was happened before. Showed one polo whose steering rack was refurbished. They would be changing the rubber bushes inside steering rack with custom made nylon bushes. They told that nylon bushes would be lasting much longer than rubber ones. There is no specific reason for it to fail, but mostly they associate with wear and tear and 'bad luck'.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 19:14   #375
BHPian

Quote:
I will share a very recent experience with suspension noise in my Skoda Rapid 1.0TSI. I was hearing clunk noise (like a nut is loose, metal to metal contact sound) while going over 'reflectors on road' and over broken roads.
I had this exact problem a couple of months ago (1.0 TSI hit the 1 year mark and 13000KM) then. The weird metal clunking sounds while going over speed bumps, and some potholes drove me crazy and I tried checking the struts, checked if the tools were loose in the boot and lots of other things.

Suddenly one day, the sound altogether stopped and never occurred again.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks