Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2021, 15:08   #331
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

...8400 hours and 8176 kms and 1st free service later, below are my observations of Rapid rider TSI 2020

Vayu is doing absolutely fantastic!

✓ turbo kick at 2000 rpm is addiction
✓ Handling is benchmark for others, steering feedback is brilliant.
✓ Boot is being used at full capacity for my highway runs to carry anything and everything
✓ Fuel economy is 18-20 on sedate driving and 12-14 kmpl with spirited driving
✓ Auto ac is a bliss, rotary knobs are ergonomically very well thought of.
✓ Adjustable handrest is a rare and useful tool for long drives
✓confidence inspiring brakes
✓ slick shifts, my favorite slot is shifting from 3 to 4 gear

✓ 2 din audio with rotary knobs is more than sufficient for me. I'm able to connect my phone and take calls. Reduce the volume without looking at the dash so I can see better

dislikes

✓Turbo lag during city drives specially crawling traffic of NCR

✓rear window controls

✓clutch travel is long

✓poor headlight

✓difficult to not get an overspeeding challan in NCR

Attaching first free service invoice and a random picture to drool over the carbon steel color
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20210824130750824_com.adobe.reader.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20210722_0653422.jpg  

Rapidholic is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 16:13   #332
BHPian

A closer look from D day!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20210824161208927_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg  

Rapidholic is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 11:22   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidholic View Post
Attaching first free service invoice and a random picture to drool over the carbon steel color
Thanks for posting the invoice. Can you elaborate on the Software Update (item 01510000) please? I’ve booked a slot for my 15k service too and curious to know what exactly the update is for. I heard from one of my contacts it’s an update for Android HU but I think your Style variant gets RCD340.
Old 26th August 2021, 19:53   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboGuy View Post
Thanks for posting the invoice. Can you elaborate on the Software Update (item 01510000) please? I’ve booked a slot for my 15k service too and curious to know what exactly the update is for. I heard from one of my contacts it’s an update for Android HU but I think your Style variant gets RCD340.

Not sure, the advisor didn't seem too knowledgeable so I gave up but will be great if someone can highlight what it's about. Rider variant doesn't have RCD340, it's just a 2 din setup (RCD 320 I suppose)

Thanks
Gaurav
Old 26th August 2021, 23:14   #335
BHPian

Quote:
...8400 hours and 8176 kms and 1st free service later, below are my observations of Rapid rider TSI 2020
How would you rate the service experience at Brite Skoda Noida ? I am at 9k / 6 months but will try to get it serviced around 10-11k for the first service.
Also do they allow you to watch/stand near your vehicle during the service ? I am very sceptical with the ASC services.
Old 26th August 2021, 23:40   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
How would you rate the service experience at Brite Skoda Noida ? I am at 9k / 6 months but will try to get it serviced around 10-11k for the first service.
Also do they allow you to watch/stand near your vehicle during the service ? I am very sceptical with the ASC services.
I will rate them very highly for being customer centric. Right from booking a slot to getting the vehicle back, it was a very smooth experience. My name and car reg was there on the board of vehicles to be serviced with timeslot (was a follow up call from them as well since I landed an hour late)
I asked SA can I see my car while it is getting serviced (the service bay is access controlled) to which he said ofcourse you can I wanted to stay but had some commitments so I just trusted the process (at most ASCs getting to the job card step is an uphill battle but here it went like a breeze, truly premium)

I was kept informed of the timelines by SA on call and whatsapp in addition to my skoda app. At last I couldn't make it to ASC and asked them to drop the car at my residence to which they obliged and took only 45 minutes extra.

I couldn't tell any difference apart from cleanliness and the foul smell not being there anymore (probably pollen/ac filter). The performance is same from day 1 so no difference there as well. Like I can tell in my swift dzire when there's a change in engine oil.

Later there was a call about feedback from skoda where I rated them 8/10 and I got 3 call backs next day about what went wrong (it was the alignment and balancing charge). Also there's a slight buzz+vibration (like something is just brushing the underbelly) which has been bothering me not sure where does it come from eaxctly but is very annoying which they couldn't rectify and have assured to fix whenever I can pay them a visit or can send someone over to pick the car up. I will visit again on Saturday and see what is it.

Hope that helps

Thanks
Gaurav
Rapidholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 23:52   #337
BHPian

Quote:
I will rate them very highly for being customer centric. Right from booking a slot to getting the vehicle back, it was a very smooth experience. My name and car reg was there on the board of vehicles to be serviced with timeslot (was a follow up call from them as well since I landed an hour late)
I asked SA can I see my car while it is getting serviced (the service bay is access controlled) to which he said ofcourse you can I wanted to stay but had some commitments so I just trusted the process (at most ASCs getting to the job card step is an uphill battle but here it went like a breeze, truly premium)

I was kept informed of the timelines by SA on call and whatsapp in addition to my skoda app. At last I couldn't make it to ASC and asked them to drop the car at my residence to which they obliged and took only 45 minutes extra.

I couldn't tell any difference apart from cleanliness and the foul smell not being there anymore (probably pollen/ac filter). The performance is same from day 1 so no difference there as well. Like I can tell in my swift dzire when there's a change in engine oil.

Later there was a call about feedback from skoda where I rated them 8/10 and I got 3 call backs next day about what went wrong (it was the alignment and balancing charge). Also there's a slight buzz+vibration (like something is just brushing the underbelly) which has been bothering me not sure where does it come from eaxctly but is very annoying which they couldn't rectify and have assured to fix whenever I can pay them a visit or can send someone over to pick the car up. I will visit again on Saturday and see what is it.

Hope that helps

Thanks
Gaurav
Yes that helped a lot. Thanks. I will certainly be visiting them.
You have provided a detailed experience altogether.

PS: I also have a Swift Dzire apart from Rapid
Old 27th August 2021, 11:07   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post

PS: I also have a Swift Dzire apart from Rapid
this car just refuses to die, it has clocked 150k and still goes on and on. Can block two wheelers in the left lane 🚦 all day long without worrying about the scratches
Rapidholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 15:08   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Just as you mentioned.
Couldn’t stay with the car all the way, as I was made to wait in the customer lounge instead the Bay Area.

Neo
Saturday 28 August 2021 - spent the whole day at Mahavir Skoda Service center, Secunderabad for servicing of my Rapid Ambition-2018. I took leave for that day and informed Madhu that I will be there with my car during service, Madhu was on leave that particular day due to health issues and another service adviser(-Dilip) as recommended by Madhu took care of my car for this service. Surprise, surprise - it was a pleasant experience meeting the workshop owner Mr. Mahavir himself, to say the least he is very friendly and humble, responding to my request to accompany my car in the service bay he agreed immediately and even accompanied me to the service bay. He explained me about the service procedure, routine checkups, asked for my concerns and directed his boys to take care of any issues, we discussed about Team-BHP too, he said he reads our forum posts whenever free. He kept on checking for status of my service and made sure that all the requests are fulfilled at their best. This was not the first time that I met him, during my earlier visit to service center we had a good chit chat and he even shared his number back then, and to my surprise he recognized me this time around too. He is a great gentleman and is really helpful too.

I had a 2 year SMP plan and all I have to pay for was a faulty battery(recently i have started facing missed cranks in my car, specially if the AC-fan and radio was on, or if I use window up down feature with the remote or any activity that drains the battery. Read here in our forum regarding issues caused by low voltage battery and without doubt asked for a new battery during service.), Air-filter, broken AC vent and some accessories.
1.Battery OEM - 5114.99/-
2.Air Filter - 245.66/-
3.AC Vent - 692/-
4.Misc - 327.21/-
5.Car Key Cover - 710.11/-(really liked the cover, couldn't resist buying it)
6.Washer Fluid - 68.01/-

Note- In my job card it was mentioned(image attached) - INTERACTIVE BAY, looks like customers are allowed in bay area.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img1918.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img1919.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img1920.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img1921.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img1922.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img1923.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img1925.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-75081764fd0b43d495087239323a2e30.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-a03dcd4414ed4e6b8a0620ca0b9134b4.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-untitled.jpg  

any23 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 09:15   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
I had a 2 year SMP plan and all I have to pay for was a faulty battery(recently i have started facing missed cranks in my car, specially if the AC-fan and radio was on, or if I use window up down feature with the remote or any activity that drains the
Note- In my job card it was mentioned(image attached) - INTERACTIVE BAY, looks like customers are allowed in bay area.
Is battery not covered under OEM warranty?

Nice key cover!
Old 10th September 2021, 11:02   #341
BHPian

Hello all,

Recently my Rapid completed the 2000 KM mark and here are my observations -

Things I like -
1. Fast, Fun to drive sedan < 15L. Period - Oodles of power on tap.
2. An excellent highway cruiser - When everyone talks about the rapid, things like TSI, Power and outright acceleration are discussed. But I was surprised to find out that this car is an effortless cruiser on the highways. You can cruise between 80 - 100 kmph all day long without breaking sweat.
3. Awesome driving dynamics - No nervousness around corners at high speeds with excellent braking.
4. Timeless design - Other cars are designed for 2 - 3 years. VW cars are designed to age till eternity.
5. No fancy electronics - Call me old school but I don't like the jazzy new instrument clusters, Ventilated Seats, Sunroof, Start stop buttons etc.

Things I did not like so much -
1. Poor part quality in certain areas like A/C vents, armrest, ORVM knobs and other interior bits.
2. No Reverse Camera for a ~13L car!
3. Pathetic headlights - I would like to understand how fellow Rapid owners are managing during night driving.

Things I am scared about -

1. Skoda's ASS
2. Rapid production coming to a halt - What this means for Rapid owners in terms of spares availability and overall service.
3. Service costs - I have taken the 4 year SMP. Hoping the ASS does not fleece me too much

Bottom line: I have owned a Hyundai i10, Honda Jazz previously. They were reliable competent cars in their own sense. But the Rapid has thus far given me that sense of connect between man and machine. Hope it stays the same for years to come!

Once again thanks to fellow Bhpians for their valuable suggestions that helped me in finalizing this pocket rocket over the Verna and City.

Here are some pics from a recent trip -
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-rapid_1.jpg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-rapid_2.jpg  

eyesice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 12:05   #342
BHPian

Noticed this cut in the rear right tyre. These are stocks. Shall I get this replaced or can this last for another 10-15 k ?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20210821_131558.jpg  

Old 16th September 2021, 17:51   #343
BHPian

How accurate is this mileage info? 23.6kmpl seems a bit far fetched with AC on doesn't it?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img20210916wa0004.jpg  

sen2693 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 19:47   #344
Senior - BHPian

Skoda is all set to introduce the Rapid Matte Edition by the end of September, 2021.

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-20210916_194305.jpg

- It was first showcased at Auto Expo 2020 in February.

- To get a matte grey body shade, tinted headlights and fog lamps, as well as blacked-out alloy wheels.

- Likely to be based on top-spec variant, Expect a price premium of Rs 50,000 over the standard model.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th September 2021 at 19:49.
Venkatesh is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 22:09   #345
BHPian

Cross posting from the S-Cross thread.

Hi All,

I currently own a 2012 Honda City which has done only 67000 kms. Now that its reaching the 10 year mark, I am looking to replace it. I am not necessarily looking at an upgrade as I havent really been able to find a worthy successor within the 15 lakh mark. I personally find shelling out 18-20+ lakhs for the current crop of cars such as the Seltos, Creta, Hector etc to be a bit outrageous.

I am not looking for any specific body type (not a hatchback). My budget is around 13-14 lakhs and the car has to be a petrol automatic.

My usage is primarily city specific with 2-3 trips a year on the highways (Pune, Nasik) at the most. I am the only driver in the family and a 5 seater is more than adequate for our needs, hence not specifically looking for MPVs.

The options which Ive shortlisted are the S-Cross zeta auto, Rapid Ambition AT and after going through a few threads on TBHP, the XL6 Auto Zeta/Alpha AT.

All these options fall in the 13-14 lakh price bucket. Another option which I’m looking at is a preowned Altis. MY16-17 examples are currently quoted for around 8-10 lakhs in Mumbai (running around 50-80k, single owner)

I have test driven all of the above except the Altis and given the routes I test drove on, I couldn’t find too much of a difference in the scross, xl6 or rapid. Do note that I am a sedate driver and convenience of an auto tranny is of utmost importance.

Also, considering the primary usage in city traffic (typically Mumbai’s b2b traffic) not too keen on DSG’s or DCTs, given their reliability concerns and heating problems. No AMTs either - too jerky in the models I’ve test driven (Nexon, Ignis, xuv 300 diesel)

Looking for some guidance to help me finalize.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks