Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2021, 11:57   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvivek2 View Post
Hi everyone, after a long drive yesterday, noticed the below cable dangling below the car - any idea what this is and how big an issue it is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Seems like the hand brake cable dangling, maybe one of the clips got cut, which holds it in place.
Totally normal! It can be clearly seen in the 10/11 year old reviews of the original Skoda Rapid & VW Vento

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post2578127 (Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review)

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-skodarapid013.jpg

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ve-review.html (Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review)

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-vwvento04.jpg

Last edited by itwasntme : 2nd March 2021 at 12:18.
itwasntme is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 00:24   #182

Skoda Rapid Rider plus experience - below par delivery experience

Hi everyone,

Wanted to share my experience of buying Skoda Rapid from Global Motocorp, Kolkata. I was driving mostly hatchbacks for ages in the city. However felt the need to upgrade and loved the Skoda Rapid Rider plus experience during test drive.

A month later after booking (I booked in December, 2020) I got the delivery on Jan end, 2021. However during delivery I was told that the so called infotainment system is arriving shortly and will be fitted in weeks time. However till now I am yet to hear back from the dealership and when I contacted Skoda team in India, though they were apologetic about it but they also could not give me a date for the same.

I am wondering if anyone else is having similar experience for Skoda Rapid Rider plus. The difference between the base version and this seems to be largely around the infotainment system

I also noticed while driving alone, there seems to be some noise from front passenger side suspension. It feels like leaking air (don't know how best to explain). Not sure if that's a problem.

Though I am loving the driving experience I am sure Skoda India can do better with this sort of issues.

Cheers!
urbanzep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 01:35   #183
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid Rider plus experience - below par delivery experience

Firstly congrats on your new car !!

The music system and essential kits are all imported and fitted in India. However due to shipping issues/delays due to COVID, a lot of people are waiting for it. The dealer can't do anything about it. Zac Hollis has been apologizing for the delay for a long time over social media but his hands are also tied till the time import regulations are normalized.

The suspension noise you are speaking about, is an inherent character of the Rapid. Take it to the service center in Kasba and they will lubricate it. It will come back though after a few months.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 12th March 2021 at 01:37.
Altocumulus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 06:43   #184
BANNED

I will share my experience. Booked Rapid Monte Carlo in November 2020, delivery happened in December 2020. Front spoilers, mud flaps and Skoda Connect were not provided during delivery. After around 1 month, I got mudflaps and front spoilers installed. I am still waiting for Skoda Connect, which is a free addition, I don't care about connected car features, not at all important to me.
My brother got delivery of his Monte Carlo in January with out seat covers, front spoiler, diffuser, mats, car cover, sun shades etc. Almost 1 month after, we got it fitted.
Did we complain?? Yes we did, but the sales person was regularly answering our queries and we were satisfied with his explanation. Even connected with Zac Hollis in twitter, and he was apologetic and he had followed up with the showroom. There is a pandemic out there, and these delays are expected. Also import restrictions are also causing the delay, just open your bonnet and see the number of 'foreign' parts used in your car. So I would say, wait, it will be resolved.

Regarding the air leaking noise (chuk chuk kind of) from suspension, are you by any chance driving your car with windows down? I think what you are hearing is the contraction expansion sound from the suspension while navigating over a pothole. Have observed this in lot of cars including my Honda City.
pavi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 16:40   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Firstly congrats on your new car !!
The suspension noise you are speaking about, is an inherent character of the Rapid. Take it to the service center in Kasba and they will lubricate it. It will come back though after a few months.
Thanks for the reply

Regarding the noise I just wanted to check whether its normal. I got an update that the shipment will come sometime in March so I am hopeful I will be able to enjoy some music on my long trips with my new car
Old 14th March 2021, 16:44   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Regarding the air leaking noise (chuk chuk kind of) from suspension, are you by any chance driving your car with windows down? I think what you are hearing is the contraction expansion sound from the suspension while navigating over a pothole. Have observed this in lot of cars including my Honda City.
Well the noise I observed with my windows closed. But since I travel during early in the morning, its fairly silent on road. It happens on uneven roads, but not all the time though.
Old 16th March 2021, 21:26   #187
BHPian

Anyone from Bangalore here? Any advice on which sales showroom should be preferred - TAFE or PPS?

Plus how do you haggle for discounts in Skoda.
Old 17th March 2021, 11:20   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
Anyone from Bangalore here? Any advice on which sales showroom should be preferred - TAFE or PPS?

Plus how do you haggle for discounts in Skoda.
Hi, I purchased my car from PPS. I would rate them average. They are neither horrible, nor great. They do listen to your issues but, sometimes take forever to take actions.

I have no idea about TAFE. Coming to discounts, PPS gave me a better deal as they waived of the handling charges in addition to what TAFe was ready to give.

I think Rapid is selling well (relatively to past years), so discounts might have come down. Your best bet is to take quotes from all the four showrooms in Bangalore and compare them. Mention the quote from the other showroom and ask if they can better that.

I hope you find a god deal.
Utham123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2021, 12:54   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utham123 View Post
Your best bet is to take quotes from all the four showrooms in Bangalore and compare them. Mention the quote from the other showroom and ask if they can better that.

I hope you find a god deal.
Thanks! I think Bangalore only has TAFE and PPS as dealers right? or are you saying that different showrooms among same dealers will have different discount option?
Old 18th March 2021, 23:16   #190
BHPian

I got mine from TAFE, St Mark's Road. Salesperson are much better here in terms of handling the customer as compared to HSR layout one.

Mr. Kashi at Tafe, St Mark's was the guy for me. He is very well groomed and polite. Did carry out things fairly well.
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 15:51   #191
BHPian

Amazing review as always. Detailed to the required level, unbiased, practical and factual. Hats off!

I am considering replacing my 2014 grand i10 with a RAPID base variant.

My 2017 Ciaz alpha petrol is holding up great but is definitely not fun to drive on open roads.

Trading in the grand i10 and going for a RAPID rider would mean using the CIAZ for the city drives whike reserving tbe Rapid rider to satisfy my hunger. This will also leave me with two relatively new cars for the next few years till I take the EV route.
Alternately, I could trade in my Ciaz and use with my grand i10 for the drive within the city. This would imply shelling out lesser from my pocket.

Super confused.
Old 28th March 2021, 00:53   #192

Looking at their past production numbers, they seem to have hit a max of ~1500 units back in Sep 2017, else the average production of the rapid seems to be around the 700-800 mark since then.
Old 29th March 2021, 16:40   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

A good car now gets good discounts too
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_202103291634152.png
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 16:52   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
A good car now gets good discounts too
Attachment 2138331
I wonder why such discounts when other OEMs are announcing price hikes and especially when Rapid is supposed to be selling well.

I suspect this discount could be only for specific slow moving variants.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 16:54   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagar View Post
Amazing review as always. Detailed to the required level, unbiased, practical and factual. Hats off!

I am considering replacing my 2014 grand i10 with a RAPID base variant.

My 2017 Ciaz alpha petrol is holding up great but is definitely not fun to drive on open roads.

Trading in the grand i10 and going for a RAPID rider would mean using the CIAZ for the city drives whike reserving tbe Rapid rider to satisfy my hunger. This will also leave me with two relatively new cars for the next few years till I take the EV route.
Alternately, I could trade in my Ciaz and use with my grand i10 for the drive within the city. This would imply shelling out lesser from my pocket.

Super confused.
A Vento and Grand i10 owner here.

We prefer to take out the Vento 10/10 times inside the city. Far easier to drive and control inside the city despite the heavy clutch (diesel). Rapid is almost a similar car.

If I were you, I'll trade in the Hyundai but get a slightly better kitted Rapid as a replacement. Especially since you will take her out on the highways- those creature comforts and nice to have items play a key role in long trips as far as the 'feel good factor' is concerned.
Turbohead is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks