Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2021, 14:53   #271
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRocks View Post
Was this car parked on the beach-side forever to rust like this? Did not expect to see this in a Honda. But I just crossed 2020 ,so, anything is possible.
No, the car wasn't parked anywhere near a beach. The extent of the damage shook me too.

The only reasons that I foresee for this to happen is the drain channels around the windscreen being blocked with mud and rotting leaves. The car was pressure washed atleast once a month but still the grime remained hidden under the seals.
R_Gowardhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 13:54   #272
BHPian

Hello all,

My sister is going to take delivery of her Toffee Brown Skoda Rapid next week in Mumbai. I wanted to know any places that sell the Boot Lip spoiler at a fair value. Skoda dealer sells it for around 6000, feels a bit much, to be honest. Any lead would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Gixxy.danger is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 23:03   #273

I took delivery of a Rapid TSI AT back in December last year and have driven merely 2700 Kms on it, I have faced a highly concerning problem.

I took the car from home to visit a shop and the car drove perfectly fine for that distance. When I came back and started the engine, the engine started fine but the EPC warning light was on and the engine was idling around 1100 RPM. What surprised me was that I wasn't able to select the gear from P to D (The MID did not even display the gear selector indicator) and also stepping on the accelerator did nothing, the engine didn't even respond slightly and felt like a disconnected accelerator pedal. I switched off the car and started it again which brought the car back to normal, drove back home and the car behaved absolutely fine.

The problem did not return but to make sure it's all fine, currently, I have taken a service appointment on Monday. Also, wanted to know, can this EPC light show up while driving and make the accelerator pedal and transmission unresponsive?. I am a new driver and this experience had taken a toll on my confidence considering the car is only 6 months old and I have already replaced the strut bearing due to a winding noise coming from the steering and unpleasant service experience adds to it.

Any inputs are highly appreciated
Regards!
Old 3rd July 2021, 16:11   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmr333 View Post
The problem did not return but to make sure it's all fine, currently, I have taken a service appointment on Monday.
Ask Skoda Workshop to scan the ECU and see if there is any error code stored. That would help to understand what exactly happened.

If there is no error code, use the car as you normally would and wait until the issue pops up again which seems unlikely.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2021, 17:18   #275
BHPian

Is the Rapid production coming to a halt?
I had dropped into a Skoda showroom in Chennai (Gurudev, Ambattur) to check the current discounts on Ambition/Onyx variants.
To my surprise, the sales person told that only a few style is available in stock. None of the other models are available, and that it's some internal decision within Skoda, to slowly stop production or something.
Is this true? Can someone confirm.

I was having Rapid in my list, but if they're already going to stop. Guess it doesn't make sense to buy it now.
ridehard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 22:13   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
They might be prioritising the Kushaq and Taigun for the next few months compared to the Rapid and Vento
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 22:56   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was having Rapid in my list, but if they're already going to stop. Guess it doesn't make sense to buy it now.
Don’t think they will stop immediately. But as per one of news it might go out if production at sometime in 2022.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2021, 22:53   #278
BHPian

Quote:
I had dropped into a Skoda showroom in Chennai (Gurudev, Ambattur) to check the current discounts on Ambition/Onyx variants.
To my surprise, the sales person told that only a few style is available in stock. None of the other models are available, and that it's some internal decision within Skoda, to slowly stop production or something.
Is this true? Can someone confirm.

Even I read about Rapid production coming to an end in a FB Skoda group.
Stopping production of a product bringing decent volumes might be the silliest mistake Skoda can do.
divyadeeptsi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 14:19   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
Do share your feedback
Hey there,

I got my car serviced (1st service, 15,000km) last Saturday (03/07/21) in Secunderabad. My SA was Ms.Poojitha.
Gave my car by 10AM, got it back by 5PM. Just as you mentioned.
Couldn’t stay with the car all the way, as I was made to wait in the customer lounge instead the Bay Area.

You were also right, there’s a minor scratch on the front bumper, they did not even give me time to checkout my car thoroughly, just bombarded me with all the things they have done, after that feedback form, while I was doing this another SA took my car and put it near the gate in the way, making other cars behind mine to honk unless I go my way.

Anyway the scratch was a minor one, so I did not go back & start an argument.

Other than that, everything was as expected. Since I had a maintenance package, the bill was ₹519.

No other complains. They addressed my issues to my satisfaction.

One question I have, which I forgot to ask them. Is there a pickup & drop service available & what is the cost? Just curious, I wouldn’t be using it as it’s Škoda.

Neo

Last edited by neo_narender : 6th July 2021 at 14:20. Reason: Added a few more details
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2021, 19:44   #280
BHPian

I am currently in my home town and in a sea of white cars, this one just stands out. What a beauty! still timeless.

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-rapid-1.jpg

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-rapid-2.jpg
amvj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 17:44   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
while I was doing this another SA took my car and put it near the gate in the way, making other cars behind mine to honk unless I go my way.

One question I have, which I forgot to ask them. Is there a pickup & drop service available & what is the cost? Just curious, I wouldn’t be using it as it’s Škoda.

Neo
Thank You for sharing your experience.

Do not let it go, next time you must mention humbly that last time the car was delivered with a scratch and you must be allowed to be with your car.

As mentioned on this forum i always take my time to inspect the car before delivery, if it’s dark i use phone flash light to inspect the car, though not that efficient still it helps, and if any scratch found i humbly show it to the SA.

Yes they do have a pickup and drop service.

Last edited by any23 : 7th July 2021 at 17:45.
any23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 19:19   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Attachment 2169738

Hello there co-Riders!

This is the touch screen infotainment system that came in my Rider Plus. The only thing that is missing in it is the Reverse Parking Camera.

My query is that has anyone installed an aftermarket Reverse Parking Camera and integrated with this OEM system?

If yes which brand of the Reverse Parking Camera have you installed and any details that I need to keep in mind before installing.

Any tips will be helpful.

Also as you can notice there is card holder just above the system. What is the purpose of this card holder? What kind of cards does Skoda think that should be put in that holder? I am sure no one would put their debit/credit/ID cards in that. Just to check I put a debit card in that card holder and it blocks the view of the touchscreen
Rider Plus doesn't have wiring for reverse camera so you wont be able to fit the OEM one. It is only available in Ambition/Onyx where the OEM camera will be plug and play.

The card holder is super useful. It is used for sticking the mall entry parking card/ chits. Helps keeping them handy whie exiting and not having to look for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Thanks for the reply. I guess OEM reverse parking camera would cost around Rs 13000/-.This was the price quoted by a VW dealer to a forum member when he wanted to install it in his new Vento Highline.
OEM reverse camera is for INR9600 as per the price on the item. I got for mine for the same price as well.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 20:01   #283

Did Skoda stop manufacturing Rapid in Toffee Brown color?
Old 8th July 2021, 13:05   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Hey there,

I got my car serviced (1st service, 15,000km) last Saturday (03/07/21) in Secunderabad. My SA was Ms.Poojitha.
Gave my car by 10AM, got it back by 5PM. Just as you mentioned.
Couldn’t stay with the car all the way, as I was made to wait in the customer lounge instead the Bay Area.

You were also right, there’s a minor scratch on the front bumper, they did not even give me time to checkout my car thoroughly, just bombarded me with all the things they have done, after that feedback form, while I was doing this another SA took my car and put it near the gate in the way, making other cars behind mine to honk unless I go my way.

Anyway the scratch was a minor one, so I did not go back & start an argument.

Other than that, everything was as expected. Since I had a maintenance package, the bill was ₹519.

No other complains. They addressed my issues to my satisfaction.

Neo
Thanks for sharing. What was the additional 519 charge for ?

Also if you do not mind please share the consumables that were changed.

I also have the SMP but still sitting at 7500+ Kms.
Old 8th July 2021, 13:09   #285
BHPian

Is it only me or others also feel the tik-tik thrum during idling with AC on ?
I did not felt it before, for like ~4k Kms but past 2 months I can feel the thrum more while idling at the traffic signals.

Also as somebody mentioned earlier on the forum, the turbo note has become more vocal around the 2-2.5 K rpm. Is this something to worry about ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks