Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2020, 19:12   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Skoda has discontinued the Rider MT variant, prices start at ₹7.99L now with the Rider Plus MT.

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-fbfb1018ce8742c0aae390575832cb34.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 09:10   #137
BHPian

Fun Fact: As per a sales consultant at the Skoda Dealer I visited in August'20, Rapid Rider Plus variant cars arrive as Rapid Rider trim vehicles at the dealership from the factory and the stereo is swapped at the dealership. The simple 2-Din stereos are then shipped back to the factory. The crome garnish is put up there as well.

The "7.49L" sticker price worked quiet well as a bait. I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw the ad in the newspaper and rubbished it as another eye wash marketing gimmick (just like "buy now, pay later" or Fabia free on Rapid). But when I realised that Skoda had indeed launched the car with a more than decent equipment list, I was tempted to have a look. Stepped into the showroom to check out the Rider variant ; booked Ambition 2 days later. All this with no previous plan to buy a new car.

What Skoda needed and could rightly achieve with "7.49L" was to make customers walk into their showrooms and experience their vehicle. Once you sit in a Skoda, it's difficult to say no.
R_Gowardhan is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 22:29   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Gowardhan View Post
Stepped into the showroom to check out the Rider variant ; booked Ambition 2 days later. All this with no previous plan to buy a new car.

What Skoda needed and could rightly achieve with "7.49L" was to make customers walk into their showrooms and experience their vehicle. Once you sit in a Skoda, it's difficult to say no.
Agreed, they sent a Monte Carlo for my TD and that did the convincing.

Planned to book the Rider Plus AT and ended up with an Ambition
vlkn0 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 09:47   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlkn0 View Post
Planned to book the Rider Plus AT and ended up with an Ambition
Finally visited the showroom this weekend and ended up booking an Onyx.

Their tactic works and I'm happy too
vlkn0 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th December 2020, 16:36   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlkn0 View Post
Finally visited the showroom this weekend and ended up booking an Onyx.

Their tactic works and I'm happy too
Same here. Wanted a Polo, was waiting for the Polo AT. Looking the price went to check Rider Plus, wifey wanted Monte Carlo , specifically for the dark interior color.
Didnt want to stretch the budget, bought Onyx AT. Both of us are happy.
Altocumulus is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 14:19   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
This is awesome. Do you by chance have the part number. I would like to order one for my TSI for peace of mind. Though am a little skeptical about the heat dissipation.
Sorry for the late reply dear, I don’t have the exact part number but a fellow bhpian fluidicjoy has done the exact mod on his polo tsi and his thread might be of help to you, and the underbody cover for tsi also has heat dissipation provision as well. Here’s the link https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...tomatic-3.html (Review: Driving home our Sunset Red VW Polo Highline+ TSI Automatic)

Hope it’s helpful!
sachin_cs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 11:24   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
What are the best FE figures on highway that the 1.0L TSI MT has achieved so far here, either on Rapid and/or on Polo? Any ideas?
Personally, On my Rapid I am getting the following results on a tank full to tank full method:

City - 12.3 kpl
Highway - 15.9 kpl

With A/c at 22 degrees & a fan speed of 2-3.
The highway figure is low because the car was filled to the brim. The speeds I have maintained were below 120 kph.

Hope this helps.

Neo
neo_narender is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 16:24   #143
BHPian

So I got a call from my dealer last friday that my car is arriving from the factory on Saturday and I can come to have a look. Upon reaching the dealer garage, I was welcomed by this beauty.

Cross checked the VIN and this is a Dec 2020 make!

The Odo read a perfect Zero. The dealer representative confirmed that the car is currently in locked state. It won't go above 30KMPH and the Instrument cluster and the HU are locked. The same are unlocked during the pre delivery inspection at dealer workshop. All the protective sheets will be removed, the car will be thoroughly washed and Teflon coated before the delivery.

Now, awaiting the payments to get processed following which the car will go for registration.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-f1cbb1163ea54830b93deb83a46b30e0.jpeg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-8815d4c42dc74d528ba356615b57bde9.jpeg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-4be0a10d7f014545980e0d22b69af3d8.jpeg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-7ec6e53ff9444205afacf8970de8d057.jpeg  

R_Gowardhan is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 20:21   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
Congrats !! This car doesn't age at all.
Btw did you change the grill with an all black one ? The brochure and videos show the onyx sporting black grill with a chrome garnish.
Old 5th January 2021, 23:01   #145
BHPian

Received a call from my dealership, informing that jio connect device is to br installed in my car, they are providing it for free. Lady said installation is free, and services are free for 3 yrs. I know it's an OBD device. Can anyone shed light on what's the advantage of having this device installed. And what will I have to do after installation. As in, Will I have to do monthly data recharge for Jio. Will I get wifi in car through this device?

Last edited by Akash86M : 5th January 2021 at 23:03. Reason: Grammatical error correction
Old 9th January 2021, 22:05   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash86M View Post
Received a call from my dealership, informing that jio connect device is to br installed in my car, they are providing it for free. Lady said installation is free, and services are free for 3 yrs. I know it's an OBD device. Can anyone shed light on what's the advantage of having this device installed. And what will I have to do after installation. As in, Will I have to do monthly data recharge for Jio. Will I get wifi in car through this device?
Hi, yes I had gotten it free too. The app shows live MID data (speed/temperature levels/battery level etc.) and offers live tracking of the vehicle remotely. Keeps logging all the trips undertaken with detailed info on performance (distance covered/time taken/instances of overspeeding/harsh braking/rapid acceleration etc.). There are some geo-fencing features too with alert mechanisms. Overall more useful for people handing over the car temporarily to others to drive and even otherwise some interesting data. As of now doesn't look like any monthly recharge is needed. PFA a few screenshots of the app here:

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_2021010911495975_39ba2b32fb8444c62dee1c9adb8747d4.jpg
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_2021010911501235_39ba2b32fb8444c62dee1c9adb8747d4.jpg
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_2021010922032416_39ba2b32fb8444c62dee1c9adb8747d4.jpg
pvivek2 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 21:00   #147
BHPian

My friend has recently purchased the rider edition and was asking me about seat covers, the skoda showroom has offered him generic ones which he didn't like and auto foam ones(which he liked) which requires some cutting of the seat(i was surprised by this part) so he got hesitant.
What sort of covers are you guys having? Any idea would be helpful.
Old 15th January 2021, 11:38   #148
BHPian

Hello all,

I have a 2020 Rapid Ambition variant.
My questions are to the people who have the same variant.

Where did you guys get the rear camera?
OEM or Aftermarket?
If aftermarket, can you please tell me how the clarity is & if any warranty issues may arise?
I have enquired from the showroom & they have quoted me a price of ₹12,500 but will take a minimum time of 15-30 days after an order is placed.

And what about the seat covers?
The showroom guys are selling for ₹9,999 after discount, I did not get a chance to go & take a look yet.
Stock fabric seats are so comfortable but are getting soiled very quickly & is showing clearly because of being beige in color.
As it is an important point of contact with the car, I don't want to take any chances by getting one blindfolded.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Neo

Last edited by neo_narender : 15th January 2021 at 11:52.
Old 15th January 2021, 12:03   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Hello all,

I have a 2020 Rapid Ambition variant.
My questions are to the people who have the same variant.

Where did you guys get the rear camera?
OEM or Aftermarket?
If aftermarket, can you please tell me how the clarity is & if any warranty issues may arise?
I have enquired from the showroom & they have quoted me a price of ₹12,500 but will take a minimum time of 15-30 days after an order is placed.

And what about the seat covers?
Current fabric ones are so comfortable but are getting soiled very quickly. As it is an important point of contact with the car, I don't want to take any chances by getting one blindfolded.

Please advice.

Thanks,
Neo
OEM rear camera from showroom will cost the same amount as informed to you, last year i had a word with accessories person and he indicated the same price range of 11500/- and it was in stock back then.

Regarding having rear view camera, in my personal opinion I find reverse parking sensors more than enough for parking a car, as camera view somehow distracts and driver ends up not looking at mirrors while reversing which is ver important , i have seen people scratching sides of their car because they were busy looking at the camera feed. So if you are a confident driver i will suggest to save that money and better invest it in ENGINE GAURD (12000/-approx) available as part in service centres to better save the heart of the car from damages)

For Seat covers for my Rapid I purchased Skoda Alacantra seat covers in beige color and they are awesome and of very good quality, costed me 16500/-
For 2 other rapid’s one of my sister’s and other of my colleague I suggested them to go for Skoda Onyx edition beige coloured seat covers (as Alacantra seat covers are not in stock right now) costing 12500/- each and they are good too, these are the same seat covers you get in Onyx edition Rapid.
I have personally got in touch with many local seat covers manufacturers and they were offering the seat covers in the range of 10-15k, my thought at that time was to go with OEM product for stock look and perfect fit.
any23 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 12:35   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
Regarding having rear view camera, in my personal opinion I find reverse parking sensors more than enough for parking a car, as camera view somehow distracts and driver ends up not looking at mirrors while reversing which is ver important , i have seen people scratching sides of their car because they were busy looking at the camera feed. So if you are a confident driver i will suggest to save that money and better invest it in ENGINE GAURD (12000/-approx) available as part in service centres to better save the heart of the car from damages)
Thank you for a quick reply.

Actually, I am perfectly happy with the parking sensors. A rear camera isn't the need of the hour, but on rare occasions, if anyone else is driving my car & is too reliant on the camera, that would be troublesome.
My only gripe is, I feel it is slightly on the expensive side. But I do not want to take any chances with the warranty.

Also good tip on the Engine guard, I shall have a word with the SA when I give the car to service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
For Seat covers for my Rapid I purchased Skoda Alacantra seat covers in beige color and they are awesome and of very good quality, costed me 16500/-
For 2 other rapid’s one of my sister’s and other of my colleague I suggested them to go for Skoda Onyx edition beige coloured seat covers (as Alacantra seat covers are not in stock right now) costing 12500/- each and they are good too, these are the same seat covers you get in Onyx edition Rapid.
I have personally got in touch with many local seat covers manufacturers and they were offering the seat covers in the range of 10-15k, my thought at that time was to go with OEM product for stock look and perfect fit.
Yes, absolutely. I am after the stock look & do not want to ruin it by fitting a random seat cover. And as per the Head of Accessories, Mahavir Škoda Jubilee Hills, there is only one option for the seat cover & it is leatherette.

How has been your service experience in Hyderabad?

Neo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks