Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2021, 22:03   #151
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Thank you for a quick reply.

Actually, I am perfectly happy with the parking sensors. A rear camera isn't the need of the hour, but on rare occasions, if anyone else is driving my car & is too reliant on the camera, that would be troublesome.
My only gripe is, I feel it is slightly on the expensive side. But I do not want to take any chances with the warranty.

Neo
If anyone else driving the car is the scenario then you should go ahead for camera. In fact the ambition(2019 onwards) variant do have wiring for the reversing camera, you can check the same by opening the inside boot lid cover, one need to just plug camera in place of the soft boot lid opener and maybe VCDS activation will be required. If the showroom camera feels too expensive you can try your luck with anything available aftermarket as wiring is not a problem.
As per my recent info camera will be available from 22nd January 2021

Quote:

Also good tip on the Engine guard, I shall have a word with the SA when I give the car to service.

Neo
Yes it is a value addition to the car considering our Indian road conditions, I got the same for my Polo and it was a complete peace of mind after installation of the same.

Quote:

Yes, absolutely. I am after the stock look & do not want to ruin it by fitting a random seat cover. And as per the Head of Accessories, Mahavir Škoda Jubilee Hills, there is only one option for the seat cover & it is leatherette.

How has been your service experience in Hyderabad?

Neo
May be I can help you get OEM seat covers if you need them, not the leatherette one.
As far as service experience is considered it has been satisfactory till date. For your services you too may get in touch with service advisor MADHU at Secunderabad(near paradise) service center.
any23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 17:00   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by any23 View Post
For Seat covers for my Rapid I purchased Skoda Alacantra seat covers in beige color and they are awesome and of very good quality, costed me 16500/-
Hey any23, can you please share a few pictures of this seat cover?
Old 18th January 2021, 21:50   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastey93 View Post
Hey any23, can you please share a few pictures of this seat cover?
The first two pics are of Alacantra seat covers(luckily i got them when they were in stcok), I have Alacantra ones installed in my car, sorry i couldn’t find any pics in my photo library of seat covers fitted in my car, but they look the same as in the shared photographs, still if you need i can post few after taking snaps.

The last two photos are of the same one which comes fitted in Onyx edition and are fitted in my relatives Rapid.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-da27bc1ed71c446fb97664b9b34b8171.jpeg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-c044ad3087fd4aff99e0217e3563293c.jpeg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-3b74667617ef4370b23856862ecf1c46.jpeg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-fd1c97d2cbe94056a62d6f7ec4ad2efc.jpeg  

any23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 19:15   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Actually, I am perfectly happy with the parking sensors. A rear camera isn't the need of the hour, but on rare occasions, if anyone else is driving my car & is too reliant on the camera, that would be troublesome.
My only gripe is, I feel it is slightly on the expensive side. But I do not want to take any chances with the warranty.
The reason it is expensive is because it not only has the camera but also the electromagnetic lock button integrated in it. However they are asking for more. I got it fitted in my Onyx and it cost me INR 9161, printed price on the box.

Also anyone in Delhi/NCR looking to buy OEM Rapid Tsi seat covers let know. I did not opt for it since I liked the fabric seat covers in the Onyx. So mine is lying packed and sealed at home and am looking to sell it. The box says Woody Beige, so not sure what is inside since I haven't broken the seal yet. Same for the mud flaps.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2021, 22:58   #155
BANNED

There are some recent additions to Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo. Black side beadings along the running board, and front spoilers are added. The alloys are changed to Stratos alloys seen in the new Skoda superb. Pic below.
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20201213201113__01.jpg

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20201223_081453.jpg

Last edited by pavi : 27th January 2021 at 23:00.
pavi is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 15:46   #156
BHPian

After an arduous wait of 5 months, my Rapid came home on 24th Jan '21

Inital reactions:
  • Solid built inside out. Oozes of Quality.
  • The 1.0 TSi is like nothing you’ve driven before. It starts and sounds like an Alto K10 on the bottom end, picks up speed like a diesel in the mid range, and runs like crazy innthebtop end of the rev band.
  • Any road, any kind of traffic, the engine adapts to it. In bumper to bumper traffic, neither did i manage to stall the engine nor felt a lack of surge to close gaps. Moving from the Honda Jazz which suffers from a pathetic bottom end, this car is a welcome change.
  • On open stretches of Roads & Highways when you go full pedal to the metal, you will be disappointed - because you ll run out of road by the time you have just got into the 4th gear. Torque and power are available in abundance. Waiting for a chance to head on an express way drive.
  • Fuel efficiency varies sharply depending on your driving style

• Clutch Pedal feels Ok. Has a long travel range which may get bothersome in bumper to bumper traffic. Drove the Jazz and Swift immediately after driving the Rapid. The Japanese pedals are way more knee and ankle friendly.
  • The interiors feel luxurious with the black & beige color scheme. Quality of plastics and fabrics is leagues ahead of Japanese counterparts.

• Driver seat not exactly very comfortable. (I am 6 ft). Yet to experiment with the position levers.
  • Rear seat is a good place to be. Floor hump is more like a small table.
  • Over Driver's visibility is excellent.

• Got the rear view camera accessory fitted. Not impressed. Viewing angle is weird and and have seen better video quality on aftermarket units. The reverse aid sensors feel accurate and the beeper has a wide range to alert the driver well.
  • Sound quality of the HU is good. Felt the treble on the lower side. Some fiddling with the equilizer makes the setup more than loveable. Apple car play is well integrated and lag free. Extremely usable.

Will be posting more details as I clock in more kilometers.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-18fae03f528f47a2a996130f8235cb11.jpeg  

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-c24eb6a5e83547e1938ce7fcb4abfd76.jpeg  

R_Gowardhan is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 16:40   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Gowardhan View Post
After an arduous wait of 5 months, my Rapid came home on 24th Jan '21
Congratulations on the acquisition and wishing you a lot of enjoyable drives. From the pics, I believe yours is an Ambition variant with 15 inch alloys. Any plans to blacken the chrome grille border??!!

December 16th 2020, I also bought Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo MT in white shade (had to surrender to wife's choice, else would have gone for red). I am still having my 4th gen Honda City ivtec with me in black colour. If Rapid was available in black, I would have blindly gone for that. I love the carbon steel colour on your car as it almost looks like black.

My brother also bought Monte Carlo variant in in true Red shade. Whenever I see his car, I feel "if I were not married".

I upgraded to Michelin 4ST by trading the Goodyear Assurance tyres that came with the car. Also found that the Good year tyres were from an old stock, first week of 2019. We are yet to receive some more accessories including the skoda connect, mud flaps, front spoilers etc. Hope we get it by this Saturday. Some pics of our cars below.

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20210108_130602.jpg

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20210108_130534.jpg

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20210106_140220.jpg

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20201223_081514_01.jpg

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20201223_081521.jpg

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20201223_081503.jpg

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20201223_081453.jpg

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20201223_081442.jpg

Last edited by pavi : 28th January 2021 at 16:41.
pavi is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 17:25   #158
BHPian

Good to see people are happy with the new Rapid. I have one question for existing owners:
Does the Rapid have ISOFIX child seat restraints in any variant?
Old 28th January 2021, 18:58   #159
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aKrain View Post
Good to see people are happy with the new Rapid. I have one question for existing owners:
Does the Rapid have ISOFIX child seat restraints in any variant?
No, it's not available in any variants. My Honda City also does not have isofix, hence I am currently using non isofix child seats. So I did not find it an issue.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2021, 23:43   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
There are some recent additions to Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo. Black side beadings along the running board, and front spoilers are added. The alloys are changed to Stratos alloys seen in the new Skoda superb. Pic below.
Is this for all MC Rapids or only a certain month VIN? looks good!
Old 1st February 2021, 08:30   #161
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Is this for all MC Rapids or only a certain month VIN? looks good!
These changes are for MC Rapid, and all these additions came in very recently I think around November. This is a pan India change, you can download brochure from Skoda India website which also mentions these changes.
Old 8th February 2021, 12:03   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Gowardhan View Post
  • On open stretches of Roads & Highways when you go full pedal to the metal, you will be disappointed - because you ll run out of road by the time you have just got into the 4th gear. Torque and power are available in abundance. Waiting for a chance to head on an express way drive.
Just completed the long awaited Mumbai-Pune Expressway round trip. To say the least, the car's performance was explosive! The car reaches triple digit speeds in a wink. And that's where the story just begins.

Handling and Braking are top notch and felt very confidence inspiring.

While the NVH levels are not at par with Honda City or Hyundai Verna at higher rpms, they are within acceptable levels and enjoyable. It's difficult to Guage the speed of the car without looking at the speedometer. The speed limit chimes at 80 & 120 are Subtle and rather welcome from the safety point of view.

When you don't want to push hard and want to just cruise, engage the 6th gear keep the revs below 2000rpm and it behaves like a matured ~1800cc NA heavy engined sedan.

Managed to get an overall FE of 15.4 Kmpl.

P.S. : The car has now completed its first 1000 kms during this trip.
R_Gowardhan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 04:47   #163
BANNED

There was an update from Zac Hollis on better aftermarket headlamps for Skoda Rapid. Anyone knows if this has come to market?
Old 13th February 2021, 09:53   #164
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
There was an update from Zac Hollis on better aftermarket headlamps for Skoda Rapid. Anyone knows if this has come to market?
Yes skoda has introduced Philips xtreme vision as official upgrade for headlamps for existing Rapids.

The bulbs are available in h4 and h7 configuration from the service centre.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 10:37   #165
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes skoda has introduced Philips xtreme vision as official upgrade for headlamps for existing Rapids.

The bulbs are available in h4 and h7 configuration from the service centre.
Thanks for the update. Mine is Monte Carlo, hope the updates are applicable to all models. Any one here who have tried this update?? If yes, please share the experience after the upgrade.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks