Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2020, 14:48   #91
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
I have Rapid Diesel TDI and have noticed that if i let the car warm up for 2-3 minutes and dont rev the engine until temperature has hit 90 degrees. Plus switch on the AC after 2-3 minutes of warm up then car runs smoothly with lot of grunt and turbo.

Switching on AC in first 2-3 minutes leads to poor and sluggish response.
Thanks, I’ll try doing this. I always keep the AC on, should inculcate the habit of turning it off after switching off the car.
Pastey93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 23:28   #92
BHPian

I am planning to purchase this car but have some questions for which I need some insights/clarity:

- Which tyre size would give the best ride comfort? Would upgrading the tyres from 15" inch to 16" inch void the warranty? I am getting different answers from 2 dealers (Autobahn and JMD). While Autobahn says I can upsize and warranty wouldn't be void, JMD says that I cannot.

- Can I upgrade the music system (speakers, touchscreen unit)? Would the warranty be void if I get it done outside? While Autobahn said that I can upgrade it without voiding the warranty, JMD said it should be done only from the Skoda itself if the warranty has to stay.

- Would installing an aftermarket exhaust void the warranty?

How do i ensure that what the dealer is telling me is factually correct? While these shouldn't technically be making a difference to the engine, I fail to understand why Skoda has made it so complicated. The dealers (especially JMD) seem fishy in their responses (although JMD is offering a better price for the Ambition than Autobahn).

Last edited by pokerface23 : 8th September 2020 at 23:29.
Old 9th September 2020, 14:02   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastey93 View Post
Hi fellow Rapid owners, yesterday I had been to service centre to get my HU checked as I was facing Bluetooth connectivity issue. My HU started working perfectly fine when I visited the service centre. However, I got the HU reset and service advisor has asked me to send a recording to him if I face the issue again and he’ll raise the concern with Skoda.
Which variant is your vehicle and the Head Unit faced the issue? Is it the new android head unit? More importantly how frequent was the bluetooth connectivity issue?

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 14:21   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Which variant is your vehicle and the Head Unit faced the issue? Is it the new android head unit? More importantly how frequent was the bluetooth connectivity issue?

Cheers!
Mine is rider variant, I’m not sure about the HU model number. It doesn’t have a touchscreen. The Bluetooth issue is very frequent it works only 40% of the time. Next time I face the issue I’m going to record and send it to the service advisor.
Pastey93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 15:01   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface23 View Post
I am planning to purchase this car but have some questions for which I need some insights/clarity:

- Which tyre size would give the best ride comfort? Would upgrading the tyres from 15" inch to 16" inch void the warranty? I am getting different answers from 2 dealers (Autobahn and JMD). While Autobahn says I can upsize and warranty wouldn't be void, JMD says that I cannot.

- Can I upgrade the music system (speakers, touchscreen unit)? Would the warranty be void if I get it done outside? While Autobahn said that I can upgrade it without voiding the warranty, JMD said it should be done only from the Skoda itself if the warranty has to stay.

How do i ensure that what the dealer is telling me is factually correct? While these shouldn't technically be making a difference to the engine, I fail to understand why Skoda has made it so complicated. The dealers (especially JMD) seem fishy in their responses (although JMD is offering a better price for the Ambition than Autobahn).
-Go with 15” inches for ride comfort, my dealer gave me suggestion to change alloys to 16” inches for better looks, but when i told him ride comfort is better with 15” inches he agreed and didn’t forced me to upgrade.

-Yes head unit can be upgraded, you can opt RCD 330g plus head unit if available at Aliexpress, it’s plug and play, and no wire tampering, stock look and service centres will never notice the upgrade. Before ordering you can ask ASS guy to check the availability of vacant PIN on the BCM for CAN connections, else you will have to tap CAN from the HVAC system. Other brand head units i don’t have much knowledge, but those too are plug and play, but the stock look will not be achieved.

-Warranty as far as i know subject to terms and conditions and one most important terms & conditions not mentioned under the T&C head is how good are your contacts with ASS people, if have good repo, the ASS people can help you, even the accessory guy if dealt with good skills can help you in fitting your accessories.
Old 9th September 2020, 19:03   #96
naj
BHPian

Hello ,
To update,had called up a dealer today in Pune to inquire about Rider manual and availability . They said its discontinued now and Models Rider plus and upwards are available.
He also mentioned Auto transmission will be introduced from 15th Sep 2020 and costs will be more than Rs 150 k for the auto .

Thanks-
Old 10th September 2020, 06:32   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerface23 View Post

I have the ambition variant aand I am planning to upgrade the size to 16 inches 195s. Dealer has confirmed that if the size is similar to the one on style variant, it would not void the warranty.
Old 14th September 2020, 12:12   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda has already started giving discounts on the tsi. This is the message I received this morning. 90,000 off from the ex-showroom price of Style variant.

Retails at 10.59 lakhs ex showroom.

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_202009141206592.png

Original price was 11.49 lakhs ex-showroom
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 13:12   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Skoda has already started giving discounts on the tsi. This is the message I received this morning. 90,000 off from the ex-showroom price of Style variant
When you actually discuss on the table and hand over the booking amount, you would get a much sweeter deal. No doubt on Rapid & Vento being the most VFM and wise choice in the Sedan Segment. Comparing top end variants, Germans are nearly 1.5-2 Lakhs cheaper which balances the perceived expensive service expenses. The engine and handling are way superior to City, Ciaz and Yaris. Probably Verna would be the second choice.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 15:31   #100

Test drove the new Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI AT today. It was a nice vehicle. For me turbo kicked in at 2500RPM. There was definitely a lag and the initial pickup was slightly irritating for me. The AT has also got the sport mode for that extra push. But we are talking about of AFE of 8-9 kmpl, and in normal drive mode, 10 kmpl in city. Even though the AT offers more comfort in city drive, I personally would prefer a Manual , better Mileage and more fun.

All said and done, unlike Vento(which has all their AT options above 10 lakhs), Rapid gets an AT in rider plus variant too(which i believe would be under 9.99lakhs.) So people who want a budget friendly German AT premium sedan, Skoda Rider Plus can be one of your options.
congodasher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2020, 11:22   #101
BHPian

And the AT prices are finally out.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20200917-11.14.27.jpeg  

JojyKerala is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 01:59   #102
BHPian

Wow ! This thread has sure gone quiet all thanks to the pseudo SUV's

Nevertheless, to the members who have taken delivery earlier, how has your ownership experience been so far? What's is the actual FE you're getting on the manual TSI?

Any negatives of the car that could be deal breakers?
Please do shed some light. Cheers!
John316_WRC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 20:04   #103
BHPian

Yesterday I took test ride of the manual variant along with the diesel Seltos. I currently drive a Jazz CVT

Few likes and dislikes on a 10500 km car
1. Skoda has provided slightly tinted glass on all variants.
2. Pick up is very good and I liked the light clutch
3. The vehicle could easily climb a steep hill with 3 onboard. My cousins jazz manual really struggle to climb on the same road. No issue with my cvt though
4. Car does move slightly forward when we release the clutch without stalling. I'm not sure if test drive cars have different maps

Dislikes:
1. Suspension : I felt the car to be floating at triple digit speed. I asked my friend to drive and I sat at the back and felt the same. The skoda advisor told this is normal. Same road at same speed, Kia and my Jazz felt rock steady
2. I really did not like the brake feel, it felt hard with no feedback. I like the way my Honda brakes
3. Engine noise: All of us felt the sound was not refined and was creeping inside the cabin. The engine compartment is neatly insulated and the bay does get really hot pretty quickly. I could not find the underbelly cover to protect the engine, but there is some protection at the sides might be the cover has fallen off

The car is really powerful but at this price point with the rider variant discontinued, if one can stretch a bit they can get hold of the Honda City SV variant which has much better refinement and interior space. City looks much larger even though dimension wise both are nearly the same

Last edited by rahulskumar : 21st September 2020 at 20:07.
Old 22nd September 2020, 12:10   #104
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Skoda has provided slightly tinted glass on all variants.
I thought only the Monte Carlo variant had tinted windows! Seems even Style variant has them as per the Official Review.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 14:44   #105
BHPian

According to Zac Hollis recent tweet Skoda has delivered more than 1300 cars in month of September that includes 300 Karoq.
I see some positive change under this guy and hope Skoda after sales service improves.

Kia is a really good use case for all the existing manufacturers in India. Even after being new people booked Seltos like crazy (I understand being sister company to Hyundai helped). But that's the bench mark set by Koreans.

Have read through the posts of horrible experience Skoda customers have gone through, just praying that the days are over and a good management team here on will set things right for Skoda and VW(fingers crossed).
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-zac_hollis.png  

Last edited by firstdrive : 1st October 2020 at 14:44. Reason: delivered not sold
firstdrive is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks