Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 14th February 2021, 12:05   #166
BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review

Hello all,

I have a small doubt in regards to the following picture.

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-d0f023b104574945b07348df90106b5d.jpeg

Is there a screw or a cap missing in this position, in the engine bay?
Just worried if itís a screw or not as I can see the inner thread inside the hole.

P.S. This is 1.0L TSI Ambition.

Thanks,
Neo
Old 14th February 2021, 13:07   #167
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Is there a screw or a cap missing in this position, in the engine bay?
Just worried if it’s a screw or not as I can see the inner thread inside the hole.

P.S. This is 1.0L TSI Ambition.
You don't have to worry on this. I have Rapid Monte Carlo, and the above position in my car is also same like your car. Check the right side of your engine bay, you may see something like below. Looks like these are provisions for attaching wires or tubes, may be for other markets.

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-img_20210214_125814__01.jpg

Last edited by pavi : 14th February 2021 at 13:20.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 20:19   #168
BHPian

Anyone here tried replacing the OEM antenna with Skoda Superb's shark fin antenna? If yes, please share the steps.
Old 16th February 2021, 23:07   #169
BHPian

Received this pic today from my Skoda SA in Kolkata-

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20210216230227.png

Skoda Rapid 1.0 TSI Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20210216230432.png

Seems like the 2021 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo comes with all black alloy wheels.

Other members, kindly cross-check with your SA as well.

Last edited by Big Smoke : 16th February 2021 at 23:09.
Big Smoke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 23:32   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
There are some recent additions to Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo. Black side beadings along the running board, and front spoilers are added. The alloys are changed to Stratos alloys seen in the new Skoda superb. Pic below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
Received this pic today from my Skoda SA in Kolkata-

Seems like the 2021 Skoda Rapid Monte Carlo comes with all black alloy wheels.

Other members, kindly cross-check with your SA as well.
This is not a 2021 change, please find the quoted post shared by me some time back.This change happened during November 2020, I have it on my 2020 Rapid. Alloys are updated to glossy black Stratos alloys (seen in Superb). Monte carlo now comes also with front spoilers, and side skirts. Rear boot lip spoiler and diffuser are still retained.

A walk around video having the new additions.

Last edited by pavi : 16th February 2021 at 23:41.
pavi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 23:56   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
This is not a 2021 change, please find the quoted post shared by me some time back.This change happened during November 2020, I have it on my 2020 Rapid. Alloys are updated to glossy black Stratos alloys (seen in Superb). Monte carlo now comes also with front spoilers, and side skirts. Rear boot lip spoiler and diffuser are still retained.
Thanks for pointing it out.
Just checked your previous post as well as video.

In my opinion, the previous design of the wheels looked better. I found them very sporty and sufficiently elegant at the same time.
I find this new blacked-out alloy to give a bland look to the car (just my opinion). But at the same time, the spoiler & running boards give it a more sporty look than before.

Last edited by Big Smoke : 16th February 2021 at 23:58.
Big Smoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2021, 07:40   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Smoke View Post
In my opinion, the previous design of the wheels looked better. I found them very sporty and sufficiently elegant at the same time.
I find this new blacked-out alloy to give a bland look to the car (just my opinion). But at the same time, the spoiler & running boards give it a more sporty look than before.
As we say to each his own. For me, the previous alloys were loud. I hate chrome and its varieties, I even de-badged my new car. I enquired on the availability of onyx variant black alloys while booking a Monte Carlo last November, then my SA told me about these changes. Also the current ones are the same seen in Superb.

Last edited by pavi : 17th February 2021 at 07:51.
Old 17th February 2021, 11:02   #173
KPR
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Owners of 1.0 TSI: I've a query. What is the paid service costs for Rapid?
Old 20th February 2021, 00:09   #174
BHPian

I have Monte Carlo TSI MT, opted for RCD head unit as I heard bad reviews on the android system. RCD system supports FLAC file formats, and I have a good collection of FLAC songs playing flawlessly in the head unit. One more reason to ditch the Android system if you are going for Style or Monte Carlo variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Owners of 1.0 TSI: I've a query. What is the paid service costs for Rapid?
If you are worried about the service charges, Skoda now provide a service package at Rs.29,999 which would cover all the expenses of annual paid service for 4 years. So it would come around 7,500 per service, this includes labour charges and consumables.

Last edited by pavi : 20th February 2021 at 00:13.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2021, 23:24   #175
BHPian

Hello guys,

I have been observing something strange while driving my car from a few days. In 2nd or 3rd gear with speeds of 30-35kph & rpm needle hovering at 2,000rpm, there is a strange booming sound from the engine, irrespective of acceleration or deceleration. This can only be heard if the music is off & a quiet surrounding.

The best way I can describe this sound is when in airplane, even with all the sound deadening material, a kind of sound filters through, which if heard for enough time, our ears go sort of numb?
Or is it a belt noise? That comes when there is too much wear in some fan belt or something?
Or is it the turbo spooling?

First I have observed this sound on a long drive, when the music was completely off & the roads were very quiet. I have not observed the speed/gear/rpm then but it maybe around 60kph.
Since then my paranoia is growing rapidly. Does anyone have any idea about what this could be?

P.S. The car’s odometer is at 12k mark. No first service yet.

Thanks,
Neo

Last edited by neo_narender : 20th February 2021 at 23:27.
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 15:41   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_narender View Post
Hello guys,

I have been observing something strange while driving my car from a few days. In 2nd or 3rd gear with speeds of 30-35kph & rpm needle hovering at 2,000rpm, there is a strange booming sound from the engine, irrespective of acceleration or deceleration. This can only be heard if the music is off & a quiet surrounding.
Hi there, I'm also experience the same booming sound but at 2,500rpm, however mine is a 2019 diesel DSG. I can totally relate to your experience, this sound/vibration is there in my car for 2,500 to 2,700rpm range only and when the rpm increases above 3,000rpm it gets smoother(surprising for a diesel). However, from my observation and limited knowledge, I believe it is a set of rpm range where there's a resonance phenomenon coming into play ( when one object vibrating at the same natural frequency of a second object forces that second object into vibrational motion) and I am right now in a state of hit & trial, trying to figure out as to what exactly is leading to such increase in frequency. I have thought of something- my primary suspect, for now, is the air intake rubber hose(that's the only loose bit in the engine bay), so I'm planning to use zip ties to keep the unwanted movements in control. I will update here, if I come up with something fruitful.
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2021, 22:09   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Hi there, I can totally relate to your experience
Thank you so much for the reply. I will be waiting for your findings. Meanwhile Iíll try to drive my friendís 2017 Rapid TDI MT when heís in town.

Neo
neo_narender is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed