Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2022, 16:16   #136
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Torque View Post
Hi bhp-ians

Wanted to drop in and day hi and upload of few pics of my new beauty in portimao blue.
A beauty indeed, congratulations mate! The car looks stunning, the mods are very tasteful as well, suits the car. All the best.
BeMyWings is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2022, 16:51   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil731 View Post
The grills look really rad!!! I didn't know you could get it added to the 330Li. Can you please share the pricing for the same?
Thank you. The grille was approx 9000 INR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWings View Post
A beauty indeed, congratulations mate! The car looks stunning, the mods are very tasteful as well, suits the car. All the best.
Thanks so much bro.
Old 22nd February 2022, 18:47   #138

Ohh!!! Is this the official grill from BMW?
Quote:
Thank you. The grille was approx 9000 INR.

Thanks so much bro.
Old 22nd February 2022, 18:56   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil731 View Post
Ohh!!! Is this the official grill from BMW?
It's the Cerium Grey Diamond Grille which I pickup up in frankfurt at a service centre for €125. I don't think you can purchase it from BMW india but I saw quite a few on eBay if you're interested.

My next mod is going to be from burger tuning plug and play. Just wish xflash comes up with a transmission mod soon and this will be an absolute joy to drive, not that it already isn't. Sports+ is bonkers.
Xtreme Torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 08:01   #140
BHPian

Quote:
It's the Cerium Grey Diamond Grille which I pickup up in frankfurt at a service centre for €125. I don't think you can purchase it from BMW india but I saw quite a few on eBay if you're interested.
Hi. Great mods. Where did you buy the tail lamps and crystal gear knob. Does turning on and off exhaust valve change the exhaust note significantly? If yes did you get it done by remote coding?

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th February 2022 at 18:56. Reason: Minor punctuation fix
Arunsedanlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 08:24   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My next mod is going to be from burger tuning plug and play.
Going for a BMS dongle? If so, which one?

Last edited by itwasntme : 24th February 2022 at 08:48.
Old 24th February 2022, 13:19   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunsedanlover View Post
Hi, great mods.Where did you buy the tail lamps and crystal gear knob. Does turning on and off exhaust valve change the exhaust note significantly? If yes did you get it done by remote coding?
The tail lamps I purchased from Germany but the box said they were imported from Czech Republic. There are Chinese variants available too but I didn't want to risk it. The startup sequence and sequential turn signals sucked me right in.

The gear knob came as a set: gear knob, stop start button and idrive controller. I changed everything but the controller as the crystal bit doesn't register touch correctly if changed upon reading multiple reviews. When the M glows at night through the crystal it looks dope haha. Same for the start stop button as the original silver one feeled a bit tacky.

Turning off the valve definitely makes the engine sound a lot more throaty. Will try uploading a video once I get home. I did the coding myself. It's super easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Going for a BMS dongle? If so, which one?
Bought the JB+. Should be with me in the next 10 days. Can't wait.

Last edited by Axe77 : 24th February 2022 at 18:55. Reason: Minor typo.
Xtreme Torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 20:30   #143
BHPian

Uploading the rear taillight video and the exhaust valve mod here.

In the second video, you can hear the valve open at 11 seconds and the sound gets very throaty with a bit of bangs as well.

Xtreme Torque is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 21:51   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Uploading the rear taillight video and the exhaust valve mod here.

In the second video, you can hear the valve open at 11 seconds and the sound gets very throaty with a bit of bangs as well.
Thanks Xtreme, the Dragon lights are pretty sweet, I love the way they light up.

I'm hoping you (or anyone else) can clarify a couple of things for me, and I know that someone else asked the question about mods vs the impact on your warranty.

You've mentioned that as long as you don't add anything foreign, and are simply enabling what's there, there's no impact to warranty.

Would you happen to know if these mods violate terms of service?

Quote:

3. Coded in and out quite a few features like Sport Plus, Comfort Plus, Exhaust Valve, M Logo, M Dash, Seatbelt chime, 80/120 speed dongs etc.
Most companies usually include unauthorized changes to software as a violation of their terms and then use that to justify excluding warranty coverage.

Please excuse me if I am being pedantic, I am just trying to understand how much wiggle room exists.

Thank you Xtreme, I will connect with you once my dream is ready (especially because I love the mods you are making!), thanks for sharing

Last edited by BeMyWings : 25th February 2022 at 21:53.
Old 20th March 2022, 14:03   #145
BHPian

Hello Everyone,
Newest member of Team-bhp and I just brought home a 330 li just a fortnight ago after extensive research from the forum. However I am slightly disappointed that the forum so far hasn't discussed the (total lack of) connected features in BMW.

While in India a lot of cars come with a "connected" tag just to show some mundane things like your fuel level, whether your car is unlocked (beats me as most cars lock themselves automatically) and such things (yes, you can get the thrill of asking Alexa or Google home these things and get them as well) BMW is different. It's on-board computer, when connected to the Internet, can take intelligent decisions like whether it can coast you on Eco Pro mode, can pre-condition the car (turn on A/C or heat it before you get in), integrate with your parking assistant to find parking information near your destination and so on. However, I was baffled to note that BMW has withdrawn ConnectedDrive features and the app is not downloadable from India any longer. This is in spite of the fact that the brochure for all models still talk about "ConnectedDrive" specifically (In the 3 GL manual, it can be found on p-11). A mail to the organization just elicited a "caveat emptor" response. I wanted to know why they have withdrawn ConnectedDrive in India and their plans to get it back.

Just wanted to know from fellow BHP-ians here if they have had this conversation with BMW and if they have had any responses. It is rather baffling that BMW would be starting to sell their electric vehicles based on their iDrive7 systems without connectivity!

Thanks In Advance
Impulsivemedusa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th May 2022, 19:05   #146
BHPian

Got a call from Navnit BMW about a voluntary recall for replacing the third brake light. My car is from the January 2022 manufactured batch. Since i had already scheduled a service appointment earlier for May 30th, I gave the go-ahead without getting much into details.
Old 1st June 2022, 20:27   #147
BHPian

Hi,
Just wanted to know if any of you have noticed any difference in mileage with 95-octane fuel in the car as compared to 91-octane.

Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 09:32   #148

Sold off my barely a year old 330Li. A tough decision, but here are some reasons that made me take the decision.
Loved the car because of the following:
1. Rear wheel drive fun.
2. Brute power.
3. Nice driving position.
4. Ample rear leg space. Feels traveling business class when sitting in the rear seat.
5. Good ground clearance.

Disliked the car:
1. Gesture control was more of a pain than a handy feature. While driving and talking to someone, even a mere hand gesture would mute the music or bring up maps.
2. Comfort access key works from outside the car too. A big risk.
3. The user entertainment system seems to be a different version than in the other BMW cars and isn't as slick and sometimes became a burden managing it while driving.
4. Length of the car was just too much of a burden in the city.
5. Really poor boot space. Could hardly get one golf kit fit in.

From driving an Octavia 1.8TSi the cons just didn't let me overcome the first love. The personal dislikes far outweighed the likes and hence decided to move on.
Old 5th June 2022, 10:49   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bought the JB+. Should be with me in the next 10 days. Can't wait.
Did you fit the JB+?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsivemedusa View Post
. I wanted to know why they have withdrawn ConnectedDrive in India and their plans to get it back.
I'm also interested in this query. At the very least, BMW should provide an OBD dongle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedatecruiser View Post
Sold off my barely a year old 330Li.
Sorry to hear this. Your problems didn't seem insurmountable to me, but to each his own
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 11:54   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedatecruiser View Post
From driving an Octavia 1.8TSi the cons just didn't let me overcome the first love. The personal dislikes far outweighed the likes and hence decided to move on.
The I drive 7 is one of the best infotainment systems. Comparison between octavia & bmw?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 5th June 2022 at 14:00. Reason: quote tag fixed. Quote content trimmed.

Most Viewed