Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2021, 00:49   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpandiv View Post
Thank you! It's standard metallic white (mineral white) It's lighting because the pic was shot post-sunset. Yes, the piano-black accents on bumpers and door go well with the white colour, changed the grill to black (instead of chrome stripe on top) prior to the delivery itself.
Hey man! Congrats on tour lovely ride.
I have the ‘carbon black’ Lux Line (BMW speak for deep blue), and have been looking for the most cost affective way to upgrade my chrome grille to black (for the Gangsta! look). Where did you source yours from and how much did it cost?
Old 3rd December 2021, 00:53   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
have been looking for the most cost affective way to upgrade my chrome grille to black (for the Gangsta! look). Where did you source yours from and how much did it cost?
You can have it wrapped for somewhere between ₹2-3k at IDE Autoworks in Gurgaon. Haven’t been there personally but have heard good things about them, on and off the forum.
Disclaimer : I am in no way related to the above mentioned business.
Old 3rd December 2021, 09:08   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunsedanlover View Post
Congrats... Looks great in white.Curious if your ride has wireless charging since next batch will not have one. Blame it on chip shortage or BMW claims its due to overheating issues.Did you have to pay anything extra for the black grill? And last one, how is the ride quality on 18 inch tyres?
The car has wireless charging, doesn't have comfort access or a 360 camera. Yes, I heard that the next "edition" will not have wireless charging. No overheating issues so far (2 hrs of charging during a drive)
I did not pay anything extra for the grill. Ride quality is actually pretty good, I was apprehensive about 18 inch + RFT combo, but they seem to be holding fine. Early days though.

Quote:
Hey man! Congrats on tour lovely ride.
I have the ‘carbon black’ Lux Line (BMW speak for deep blue), and have been looking for the most cost affective way to upgrade my chrome grille to black (for the Gangsta! look). Where did you source yours from and how much did it cost?
My grill was included in the deal, but from what I understand it's ~20K

One thing that I would really recommend for fellow owners is the BMW all-season mats. They are of great quality. My car came with them. I believe they are ~10K but worth the money.
arpandiv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2021, 12:36   #79
BHPian

Please post a few more good quality pics of your ride. Especially the rear on the msport version must be looking great without all the chrome drama. Any other accessories or ceramic you have planned? I will be getting mine next week. Its in the yard now and luckily has the wireless charging pad.
Old 12th December 2021, 20:36   #80
Senior - BHPian

Bought 320Ld home earlier this week. Oil burner was available in color I finalized and an exchange deal that met my expectations. Clocked a mere 200KM in 3 days and here are few initial impressions.
1. Lot of space inside, especially at the back. I am 5'10 and can fully stretch my legs without touching the front seats .
2. Engine + gearbox needs no mention, it's a proven punchy unit. 330i is a league ahead in terms of performance. 320Ld looks like will return good FE .
3. Ground Clearance turned out to be good. I was able to glide over, without scrapping bottom on route where I frequent.
4. Interiors are good, I opted for cognac interiors, which should be easier to maintain. Even bottom of doors feel somewhat soft to touch.
5. Harman Kardon system is good, clarity is good with decent bass. Endeavours unit had best bass, but this scores on clarity like the JBL unit in Fortuner. JBL and Harman have similar characteristics.
6. Car is well kitted, has most of in trend features. That said misses some essential like comfort access, fog lamps, ventilated seats etc.
7. Before finalizing 320Ld, checked 520D. Latter feels a bit more luxurious and has more kit. However you sit quite low, GC was an issue and came with smaller sunroof. Price wise not significant difference, but did not find 520D worth the premium, especially when you get same engine. 530D would have been a different beast altogether.
8. Suspension is well tuned. Will keep family happy. Regular 3 is sharper but I am ok to let it go in favor of added comfort. Moreover, BMW doesnot have stock of 320D. My personal favorite is the 330i SportX, feel that's total bang for buck, though I cannot convince everyone at home for same.
9. Switching back to sedan after almost 6 years, you sit lower than body on frame UV and have to change my driving style. Given I still have UVs at home, felt it's worth having a lowrider especially when it's a 3 series.
10. Lastly, I don't know if it's right or wrong to get oil burner when we are entering, what looks like EV transition phase. Given the chaos, why not enjoy today than an uncertain future.

Looks good from this angle
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_20211210_123303.jpg

But the 3 looks best to me from rear.
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_20211210_123319.jpg

Poles apart, yet super fun when you know what to drive where.
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_20211212_193045__01__01.jpg

Last edited by PrideRed : 12th December 2021 at 20:39.
PrideRed is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 12th December 2021, 21:44   #81
BHPian

Congrats.Nice pics. Diesel gives excellent efficiency. Easy to achieve north of 20kmpl. The NVH and suspension are the selling points other than the rear legroom. Sedan puts a big smile on your face everytime you are in the driving seat.
Old 19th December 2021, 23:04   #82
BHPian

Got it finally:
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-9f1b9f10a2e9447a843220ec35499027.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-33346ef782ab48079c9d973bb0dc7747.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-5159f4dc4e2945cf91d94e1e49401c2c.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-1d27c88f844748019ed8a0281a37f77d.jpeg

Initial Impressions after a 300km drive home from showroom:

1.Too refined. No exhaust note fun. Did not push it beyond 4000 RPM(Early days and my first petrol in years).My daughter kept saying that it is very silent and was enjoying her play list on the wonderful HK sound system. It sounded great after tweaking the equaliser a bit.

2. The Ride: Mixed bag. Was supple and plush in the city. Was a bit soft for my liking(Softer than my Jetta).Highway flyover patches had a floaty feel. Hope it gets better once the springs settle down. Have not checked the tyre pressures yet.

3. Handling: Good enough for my driving style. I dont like is too sharp that it makes passengers uncomfortable. Stuck to its line perfectly.

4. Performance: Coming from a diesel 2019 BS4 X1 found the 330li to be mature. The X1 was a hooligan with raw power. Maybe am not driving the petrol how its meant to be.

Last edited by manson : 20th December 2021 at 00:04.
Arunsedanlover is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 07:45   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Got it finally:
Congrats. Looks the best in white.

What are the kind of discounts you could manage being the year end. Thanks
Crazy_Bean is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 11:24   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got it finally:
Attachment 2247333

Attachment 2247334

Attachment 2247335

Attachment 2247336

Initial Impressions after a 300km drive home from showroom:

1.Too refined. No exhaust note fun. Did not push it beyond 4000 RPM(Early days and my first petrol in years).My daughter kept saying that it is very silent and was enjoying her play list on the wonderful HK sound system. It sounded great after tweaking the equaliser a bit.

2. The Ride: Mixed bag. Was supple and plush in the city. Was a bit soft for my liking(Softer than my Jetta).Highway flyover patches had a floaty feel. Hope it gets better once the springs settle down. Have not checked the tyre pressures yet.

3. Handling: Good enough for my driving style. I dont like is too sharp that it makes passengers uncomfortable. Stuck to its line perfectly.

4. Performance: Coming from a diesel 2019 BS4 X1 found the 330li to be mature. The X1 was a hooligan with raw power. Maybe am not driving the petrol how its meant to be.
Congrats man. Looks awesome in white!
Have you kept the Jetta, or X1? I assume one Bimmer for the other? Why did you sell your X1 so early?
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 16:39   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Congrats. Looks the best in white.

What are the kind of discounts you could manage being the year end. Thanks
Not much. No cars available in stock.3 lakh OTR. Got All weather mats free. Price rise in january 2022 around 3.5 lakh confirmed. Hence took the plunge....
Arunsedanlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 18:45   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats man. Looks awesome in white!
Have you kept the Jetta, or X1? I assume one Bimmer for the other? Why did you sell your X1 so early?
No, sold the Jetta for the X1. Should have retained it. Did not like the X1's dynamics though it had a punchy engine. With a family of motion sick people i had no choice but to move over to a sedan. Seems like a good choice so far.
Arunsedanlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2021, 22:02   #87
Senior - BHPian

Interesting. So, are you the only person I know whose only car is a luxury German sedan? Do you have other cars for different duties? I am trying to explore what might the best way to balance the garage.

Mods: pleas merge with my last post incase off topic
Quote:
No, sold the Jetta for the X1. Should have retained it. Did not like the X1's dynamics though it had a punchy engine. With a family of motion sick people i had no choice but to move over to a sedan. Seems like a good choice so far.
Old 21st December 2021, 18:38   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting. So, are you the only person I know whose only car is a luxury German sedan? Do you have other cars for different duties? I am trying to explore what might the best way to balance the garage.

Mods: pleas merge with my last post incase off topic
Hi, 330 li is a true luxury sedan. Almost perfect balance between comfort and sportiness (a weeney bit inclined towards comfort). Others are a red Fabia(never say goodbye), a Seltos(workhorse), a Innova Crysta(swiss knife). The 330 li is leagues ahead of X1 in all departments especially the luxury quotient. Wonderful, wonderful car.
Arunsedanlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:43   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe am not driving the petrol how its meant to be.
The hooliganism starts with the sports button, In my case it was a way underpowered 316i but that button made the car unbelievable in how it was responding to inputs.
Your 330Li should be on a different level.

Congrats and have fun

Last edited by shancz : 23rd December 2021 at 10:45.
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 14:36   #90
BHPian

Quote:
330 li is a true luxury sedan. Almost perfect balance between comfort and sportiness (a weeney bit inclined towards comfort).
Congratulations on your new car.
330li is a perfect combination of elegant styling, luxury and gutsy engine.
Wishing you many happy miles with the car.
Andaleeb is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks