Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2022, 12:39   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Did you fit the JB+?
I certainly did. It's been amazing. Any sort of lag has completely disappeared. The Comfort+ mode I activated via the app is brilliant for city drives or the highway. And with the JB+, the Sports+ mode is explosive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsivemedusa View Post
Hi,
Just wanted to know if any of you have noticed any difference in mileage with 95-octane fuel in the car as compared to 91-octane.

Thanks
Mileage not really. Barely a km here or there.

But smoothness definitely. I'd definitely stick with 95 any day.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th June 2022 at 07:30. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
Xtreme Torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 22:35   #152
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

Got two emails from my dealer today.
Recall for third brake light
“During the ongoing quality analyses at BMW, it was determined that the 3rd Brake light installed in your vehicle is of a higher light intensity than permitted.
In order to resolve this, the 3rd brake light will be replaced with the correct light intensity.”

And recall for an LTE compensator fitted near the wireless charging tray.
“The LTE compensator improves mobile communications in the vehicle by supporting the optionally offered wireless charging tray (WCT). The active LTE compensator currently does not have required country-specific radio license in the affected markets.
During the ongoing quality analysis at BMW, it was determined that the active LTE compensator currently does not meet the current required specifications.

We would like to ensure that your vehicle is in perfect working order. For this concern, the The LTE compensator will be replaced which improves mobile communications in the vehicle by supporting the optionally offered wireless charging tray (WCT). “

My car is a Nov 2021 make. Since both are non critical recalls, I am going to probably wait till first service.
Old 26th June 2022, 13:54   #153
BHPian

So took my car for her first service.
They replaced the Brake light and LTE Compensator as per BMW recommendation.
Also got carbon fibre mirror caps and a spoiler fitted. The folks at Navnit gave me a significant discount considering my bad experience earlier with the black grill fitment. A further 12k was reduced off the quote attached
Super prompt and efficient service this time around!
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-bmw-quote.png

Last edited by aah78 : 5th July 2022 at 01:18. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
divinedoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2022, 16:33   #154
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinedoc View Post
Would definitely recommend the all-black grill.
The M door projector lights look pretty cool as well
Hello, can you please suggest to me where to buy M projector lights and the all-black grill? Yes, this car looks great in all-black grill would love to install it in my 2022 BMW 3 Gran Limousine.
Also have you done coding for your Bimmer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Torque View Post
Wanted to drop in and day hi and upload of few pics of my new beauty in Portimao Blue.
I would like to do coding for my 320 LD (plus many people say coding does void the warranty is it true?). So can you please provide me the details for the same, also about the dragon lights are they easily available in India, and where. Your new Grill looks amazing, I am also bored looking at the stock one, appreciate your efforts to make this Beast look more amazing.

Note from Support: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when replying to multiple posts. Don't quote large posts entirely. Typos fixed.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th July 2022 at 01:22. Reason: See note.
Old 4th July 2022, 18:02   #155
BHPian

Accessories were sourced thru Navnit Motors.
Both were around 10k or so.
The grill to be fitted at delivery but was delayed by 5-6 mths so they waived off the charges for that.
divinedoc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 00:34   #156

Re: 2022 Mercedes C-Class Review

We just got home a 330Li. We were considering any luxury car of around 70 lakhs (on-road), that could provide the following:

1. Very comfortable seating for 4 tall adults (with good ingress & egress) and usable space for 5 occasionally.
2. Decent ground clearance - didn't want scraping on most speed breakers with 4 people and some luggage on board.
3. Great performance regardless of choice of fuel. Mercedes is the only company whose diesels looked more attractive than its petrols.

Test drove the following:
1. 330Li
2. 520d
3. A6 45 TFSI

Just took a showroom visit for the following:
1. C-Class
2. GLC
3. 330i

C-Class:
Pros - Exceptionally classy interiors, great looks, feature-rich.
Cons - Not a comfortable 4-seater at all because of narrow seats, lack of headroom and legroom and poor ingress & egress (mind you, my requirement was for 4 adults, all almost 6 ft tall and I have elderly parents and my grandfather).
Very expensive, no discounts and a minimum of 2 months waiting.
C220d - 68 lakhs (on-road Mumbai).
C300 - 72 lakhs (on-road Mumbai).

GLC:
Didn’t check the car much, but faced the same issue. Absolute space is clearly lacking, although headroom is definitely better and the car now feels its age with newer Mercs around.

330i:
It somehow felt better in terms of headroom and knee room compared to the C-Class, but still not up to the mark and the sales executive told me that BMW is now producing the regular 3 Series only when they get bulk bookings and not otherwise (not sure how much truth there is in this or it's probably just a scam to push us upwards to the Gran Limousine).

520d:
The 5 Series variant that would fit in our budget was the 530i M Sport, thanks to massive discounts available on the car. The available test drive car with Navnit Motors was a 520d Luxury Line, but during the test drive the SA pointed out that the ground clearance is an issue with the car and as it turned out that with just 3 individuals on board, the car scraped a regular speed breaker. We weren’t keen on finding out more about the car because of this issue.

A6:
Absolutely beautiful looking car, thanks to the choice of colour by Audi Mumbai South West - Manhattan Grey in Technology trim A6 45 TFSI. Apparently, the car got a mild makeover for 2022 and the changes included more kit and bigger rims, 19-inchers in this case. We were blown away by the car, thanks to the looks and interiors. It was much more loaded than the others we saw - B&O audio and virtual cockpit were some of the highlights of the car. The A6 has a humongous boot with the space saver neatly tucked below the boot floor. It offers almost 530 litres of space (it's the biggest in class). The space was good including headroom and knee room, but not the best that we had seen. The cherry on the cake for this car is the discounts. One can easily get an A6 Premium Plus for under 70 lakhs and the Technology for around 73 lakhs, both of which are staggering prices for the car. The engine is good and performance is also adequate for the size and class (not something that will blow your mind away, but the car is very smooth in terms of gearshift and ride comfort and NVH is also very well contained). We kept this under consideration for a good amount of time.

330Li:
Let me start with the cons:
1) Boot space is okay - The Boot is long and wide, but lacks height thanks to the raised boot floor to accommodate the space saver.
2) Lack of some essential features -
In a car specifically designed for the chauffeur driven, how does BMW feel okay not giving a single rear sun blind (none on the sides, nor at the back)?
360 parking camera - almost all cars in this budget offer one. BMW themselves were offering this along with comfort access - keyless entry in BMW speak, wireless charging for the first 8 months after launch, but later removed it citing chip shortage. SA told me that initially, that was the case, but now that issue is solved. But they would probably re-introduce these features in a different trim and at more cost.
3) Keyless entry - Almost all top trims of cars priced between 10-40 lakhs get keyless entry today, but luxury carmakers find it okay to reserve these for the uber luxurious models.
4) Fuel efficiency - It's my fault in the first place to discuss this topic for a 2.0 litre turbo-petrol sedan, but for my initial 900 kms, half of which were done in Sport and the rest in Eco Pro, the car is returning an average of around 5.5 km/l in city usage.

Pros:
1) Exhaust note - How has not a single YouTube review spoken about how amazing the car sounds while revving and even more while idling or reversing?
2) Performance - It has the total kick-in-the-pants feel and you will love how all 3 driving modes give a varied driving feel. In Eco Pro, the car feels almost as silent and smooth as an EV. In Comfort, it is fast, but effortless and smooth. In Sport, please fasten seatbelts and don’t consume any food because of most of it will spill over at a gentle tap on the throttle.
3) Space - It has the most legroom and knee room in any luxury car this side of an E-Class. There is no car that simply comes close.
4) Ride comfort - While the regular 3 is stiffly sprung, the GL (Gran lLimousine) simply glides over most potholes and very sharp bumps make the suspension "thud", while still not making it uncomfortable.
5) Ground clearance - Even with 5 people on board, there is simply no need to worry about speed breakers as the car goes over 95% of them with so much ease that you can just drive straight rather than swerving and taking them diagonally.
6) Luxury feel and equipment - For most first-time luxury car buyers, it has enough to keep them very happy -
Harmon Kardonn 16-speaker 480W audio
Panoramic sunroof
BMW 10-inch touchscreen infotainment with wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
11-colour ambient lighting
Electric tailgate
Powered driver and passenger seats with 2 memory settings for the driver seat
Heated and antiglare ORVMs (the left mirror for some reason doesn’t get antiglare)
3-zone climate control
1 USB-A port for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
3 USB-C charging ports
BMW park assistant and reverse assistant (both work flawlessly in most situations)
Very well cushioned and supportive seats for 4 passengers (the 5th seat is narrow and very hard)
Excellent choice of interior colour by BMW - it ups the luxury feel tremendously
Quality, fit & finish is great with very few hard plastics in some not very easy to touch and see areas.
Great build quality
7) Exhaust note - I am mentioning it again because most people will simply be wowed by how it sounds. BMW should have put more effort in handing out the 330Li M Sport for reviews (but I guess this particular trim isn’t the preferred choice of their target audience and hence, they didn't bother).
8) Colour - Anyone choosing the M Sport trim should definitely look at the Portimao Blue Metallic. It is simply awesome.
9) Pricing - One can easily get a 3-4 lakh discount on the overall price of the car through discounts on varied components, which actually make the car fantastic value for money.

If there is any car I would recommend to anyone buying a luxury car for around 70 lakhs, it has to be this. You must take a test drive of the same.

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-719a368e953d47c98eb6d85e8a3a2c76.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-8e12cfc9b8a0450ab66859c7f2ceb23d.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-11c1243e60524451825f33b2d5ad2a8d.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-8363313e0f394c38843b06983d0924bb.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-f59de69a777e4ea3bf5b934b80a7975c.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-b5d5c31f3da349ffb2d1084b06e27353.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-c933bdfae3024773a75e1605e89f8ae7.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-a987859d64fd43958501352e6314f78d.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-7a6daee63aba47999dce33ccc87d505d.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-59e16e23c00741eab1f8925ca17aa4a8.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-3b34b03f2bb44715b1d8531088a4d4f8.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-abdf0ed954d74458a853b55b96e45acd.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 10th August 2022 at 00:24. Reason: Edited for better readability
Angad sahani is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 11:45   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angad sahani View Post
It was much more loaded than the others we saw - B&O audio and virtual cockpit were some of the highlights of the car.
=====
We kept this under consideration for a good amount of time.
Congratulations on the 330i. The alloys and the colour also look beautiful.
Just out of curiosity, what finally tipped the scales in favour of the 3 over the A6?

Last edited by Jaggu : 9th August 2022 at 11:46. Reason: Trimming quoted post. Please avoid quoting entire large post for short replies. Affects readability. Thanks
mak.prasada is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 12:18   #158
BHPian

Quote:
We just got home a 330Li. We were considering any luxury car of around 70 lakhs (on-road), that could provide the following:
Man! Look at that colour! I would have made the same decision of buying this BMW over the others. Wishing you lots of fun with this one.

Last edited by Aditya : 9th August 2022 at 17:15. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
KharbandaKartik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 12:49   #159

Quote:
We just got home a 330Li.
Congratulations Angad Sahani! Wishing you a fantastic ownership with the 330 Li. I was in your exact same shoes a year earlier but I chose A6 Technology over 330 Li M Sport as the prices were almost similar after discounts. You have mentioned that A6 was under consideration for a long time. What was the deciding factor or deal breaker for you to not choose the A6?
AdB1991 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 13:59   #160
BHPian

Congratulations!
The exterior blue colour with cognac brown interiors is one mouth watering combo indeed.
Definitely on my bucket list for next purchase.
Just a quick query. Why the 330 Li nomenclature instead of just 330i?
Does "L" stand for the long wheelbase version? correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 9th August 2022, 14:07   #161
BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to the club @Angad Sahani.

Quote:
It's my fault in the first place to discuss this topic for a 2.0 litre turbo-petrol sedan, but for my initial 900 kms, half of which were done in Sport and the rest in Eco Pro, the car is returning an average of around 5.5 km/l in city usage.
Believe me. You can extract much more. I drive in Bangalore and still get 8+ in city conditions with mostly 60% Eco Pro and rest in Comfort mode.

The fun part is that it can be two totally different cars on a highway. Cruise at a (not-so) sedate 90 kmph on a highway and it'll give you 15-16 kmpl. The only problem is you feel NOTHING in the car at that cruising speed and will likely put all your passengers to sleep. Then you start wondering why you'd buy a BMW to cruise at 90 and move it to its other avatar. Suffice to say that move will leave you with a lighter heart and a lighter pocket.
Impulsivemedusa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 14:47   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Just a quick query. Why the 330 Li nomenclature instead of just 330i?
Does "L" stand for the long wheelbase version? correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, BMW sold 330i for sometime before bringing in the 330Li, it's exactly what you think and it's a long wheelbase version which added little bit more legroom.
It drives almost similar but normal 330i feels a bit tighter. Li makes sense in India because a lot of these cars are chauffer driven
turbowhistle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 19:16   #163
BHPian

Let me share my experience of these test drives especially with top 3 Germans. Most of the time, people who prioritise the driving pleasure, end up with BMW, just like me. These machines are so addictive every time you press the pedal the pull gives complete satisfaction. The kidney grills are the bonus.
Old 9th August 2022, 22:35   #164
BHPian

Quote:
We just got home a 330Li.
Congratulations! Enjoy your car. Fantastic choice of colour and interiors.
Having driven my 330i now for almost 25k kms and I am quite a pedal to the metal kind of a driver because with this car you just can’t help it, I am getting an average of 10km/litre.

Last edited by Axe77 : 9th August 2022 at 22:42. Reason: Trimming quoted text. Please do not quote entire long posts - inconvenient to readers on mobile devices. Thank you.
helterskelter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 23:51   #165
BHPian

Anyone who bought recently built 330i M Sport, can you confirm if the car has wireless Android Auto and wireless charger? Or did the semi-conductor shortage impact this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks