Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2022, 08:34   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak.prasada View Post
Congratulations on the 330i. The alloys and the colour also look beautiful.
Just out of curiosity, what finally tipped the scales in favour of the 3 over the A6?
The driving experience and extra legroom! Although on paper both the AUDI and BMW have similar horsepower, the driving experience tells you a different story. Not to forget the amazing exhaust note. I shall try and see if I can upload a clip from somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdB1991 View Post
Congratulations Angad Sahani! Wishing you a fantastic ownership with the 330 Li. I was in your exact same shoes a year earlier but I chose A6 Technology over 330 Li M Sport as the prices were almost similar after discounts. You have mentioned that A6 was under consideration for a long time. What was the deciding factor or deal breaker for you to not choose the A6?
The engine performance, exhaust note and extra legroom. The A6 is definitely the more premium car and I don’t know if you have seen the 2022 technology trim but it was definitely a difficult decision to make after seeing the audi especially in manhattan grey. Plus the discount levels in mumbai are a bit different I was getting the premium plus at the same price as the 330li m sport, the technology trim was around 4-6 lakhs more expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsivemedusa View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the club @Angad Sahani.

Believe me. You can extract much more. I drive in Bangalore and still get 8+ in city conditions with mostly 60% Eco Pro and rest in Comfort mode.

The fun part is that it can be two totally different cars on a highway. Cruise at a (not-so) sedate 90 kmph on a highway and it'll give you 15-16 kmpl. The only problem is you feel NOTHING in the car at that cruising speed and will likely put all your passengers to sleep. Then you start wondering why you'd buy a BMW to cruise at 90 and move it to its other avatar. Suffice to say that move will leave you with a lighter heart and a lighter pocket.
Hahah. I think I have gotten my fuel efficiency test wrong in the first place because I drove 900 kms in just 10 days of buying the car within city limits to reach closer to the 1k kms mark for the running in period. I would now open throttle and enjoy the car and soon take it to the highways to fully understand the car’s character. Once the initial craze dies down a bit I think the actual fuel efficiency figures would soon be achieved.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Axe77 : 10th August 2022 at 09:08. Reason: Merging another recent post. Also fixing spacing and capitalisation.
Angad sahani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 21:10   #167
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

Quick question: Have any of you had any success in opening the sun blind through a voice command? Thanks in advance
Old 11th August 2022, 00:04   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsivemedusa View Post
Quick question: Have any of you had any success in opening the sun blind through a voice command? Thanks in advance
Hahha No! Apparently that is not something it can do.However i do hope you have tried to open all the windows and roll them up, change driving modes, reduce/increase the temperature and change in the ambient lighting
Old 11th August 2022, 10:58   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angad sahani View Post
Hahha No! Apparently that is not something it can do.However i do hope you have tried to open all the windows and roll them up, change driving modes, reduce/increase the temperature and change in the ambient lighting
Yes. All those "preset" ones. This is where BMW disappoints without the conneted car tech. You can see here (My first car is a BMW 6-Series GT 630d!) for what it can do. And also .

On why no on talked about the exhaust note, well did!
Old 15th August 2022, 21:08   #170
BHPian

Is anyone facing issues with brake fade in their car? The brakes seem to fall off quite a bit after a few instances of moderately heavy braking from high speeds. I haven’t faced this issue in any of the other BMW sedans.
Old 16th August 2022, 21:17   #171
BHPian

UPDATE
Seems like the brake pads are pretty much shot at the front. How did this car eat through brake pads in 7k kms? It is driven fast but a bmw should be right? Interestingly, there is no indication of the same in the diagnostics. Haven’t faced this in any other car till date. The rear ones don’t have a whole load of life either. The tyres also seem to show signs of excessive wear.
Old 17th August 2022, 06:38   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revsperminute View Post
UPDATE
Seems like the brake pads are pretty much shot at the front. How did this car eat through brake pads in 7k kms?
The rear ones don’t have a whole load of life either. The tyres also seem to show signs of excessive wear.
What exact variant is your 3, how old and what is the usage pattern? 7K is totally unacceptable & you should get it checked by BMW and even try a warranty replacement for the pads.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the G28's extra weight and relatively softer suspension than the G20.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th August 2022 at 13:56. Reason: Minor typo.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 07:39   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
What exact ariant is your 3, how old and what is the usage pattern? 7K is totally unacceptable & you should get it checked by BMW and even try a warranty replacement for the pads.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the G28's extra weight and relatively softer suspension than the G20.
It’s a 330Li M sport. Car is almost an year old. I will take time out and look into this personally today. I too guess it’s the weight and suspension setup of the car that do not lend themselves to spirited driving.
revsperminute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 08:54   #174
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It’s a 330Li M sport. Car is almost an year old. I will take time out and look into this personally today.
Agree! 1 year and 7K km is nothing especially as you have the more capable 18" staggered setup.

Better to nip this in the bud with BMW. Check whether the G28 China edition is also plagued by any such known issues.

As a benchmark, the SWB 330i is known to run at least 18K km on stock pads. Further intriguing is that your fronts are going first, usually it's the rear in powerful RWD cars.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 08:56   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Agree! Better to nip this in the bud with BMW. Check whether the G28 China edition is also plagued by any such known issues.

As a benchmark, the SWB 330i is known to run at least 18K km on stock pads. Further intriguing is that your fronts are going first, usually it's the rear in powerful RWD cars.
Actually I have gotten my fair share of rear brake pads drama too. It’s the TC braking the wheels when you floor it from low speeds. Hence I use the TC judiciously.

Thanks for your assistance Sir, I’ll keep this thread updated.
Old 25th August 2022, 14:49   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Actually I have gotten my fair share of rear brake pads drama too. It’s the TC braking the wheels when you floor it from low speeds. Hence I use the TC judiciously.

Thanks for your assistance Sir, I’ll keep this thread updated.
Hey, any update on the brake pads? Also, what drama did you have with the rear pads?
Old 25th August 2022, 16:30   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, any update on the brake pads? Also, what drama did you have with the rear pads?
Got the pads replaced. Diagnosed to be wear and tear from braking. Excuse me for the delay. College exams really take it out of me.

If you floor a torquey Rwd out of every stop light or bend with the traction control on, the rear brakes work overtime to control slip in the rear. Hence the brakes wear out considerably faster. I assume you can figure out the rest.
Old 25th August 2022, 16:45   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Got the pads replaced. Diagnosed to be wear and tear from braking. Excuse me for the delay. College exams really take it out of me.
Understood .
Do you remember the ballpark costs for the fronts and rears?
Old 26th August 2022, 09:11   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Understood .
Do you remember the ballpark costs for the fronts and rears?
Only changed the fronts as of now. I did not go personally to pay the bill but I think it was in the vicinity of mid 20k. However I have not looked at the bill and cannot be 100 percent sure.
Old 27th August 2022, 13:34   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
However I have not looked at the bill and cannot be 100 percent sure.
I also want a life like this
itwasntme is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks