Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2022, 17:13   #121
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil731 View Post
Yes approx 3.5 lacs on ex-showroom. Since I am purchasing this as part of my corporate lease program, didn't have any wiggle room to negotiate on insurance or service packages.
Is this from Navnit or Duetsche Motern. I am told the waiting period is 4 months.
Old 18th February 2022, 17:32   #122

Both offered similar discounts and timeline for the gran limousine M sport model

Quote:
Originally Posted by divinedoc View Post
@daredevil731
Would definitely recommend the all black grill.
The M door projector lights look pretty cool as well
Honestly it would become too sporty for us. We like a little bit of chrome in the car. My wife is already a little miffed that the Sport variant has chrome outline on the windows, whereas the M sport has black outline.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th February 2022 at 17:52. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the 1st post.
daredevil731 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 01:03   #123

Hey guys, I have been following this thread for about three months now. The detailing of the 3 GL is so impressive and knowledgeable that I finally booked her. It will be an addition to the garage which currently has the Honda City.

I will soon put up pics for all of you once she is here )))
Old 20th February 2022, 05:58   #124

I have had the 330Li MSport for the better part of a year now. A couple of observations that seem to be poor programming or design (ouch):

1. With the engine on, if the key is away, there is no notification to warn you. I have often moved out of the car without turning off the engine to come back to the car a while later, realising the car was still running. I once drove off with the key on the boot, it fell off (no jokes), and I drove about 5km. With no key in the car. I realised it when I wanted to lock the car. Good karma or the joys of living in a small city, a good samaritan found the key and dropped it off at the local dealership!! God bless his soul. Some kind of warning of the key not being close to the car should be there.

2. After using voice commands to say make a phone call, the mid cluster keeps showing the contact for eternity. So you've made a phone call while driving to the office. Come back in the evening and drive home to see the same contact. So what's the use of voice command, if after every voice command, I need to press home for the cluster to reach back to its original position.

Some things BMW might do well to correct. I am going to write this to the dealership too!

Mod Note - There are too many mistakes in your posts. Please proofread and write clearly.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st February 2022 at 09:07. Reason: Too many errors.
sedatecruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 08:48   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedatecruiser View Post
1. With the engine on, if the key gets away from the cluster there is just no signal to tell you that. I have oh so often moved out of the car without turning off the engine to come back to the car a while later realising the car was still running.
The Jeep Compass has it the other way around. If you open the driver side door with the ignition on, the car gets miffed and we get to hear the Key FOB alarm and the message continuously till the next 10-15 minutes.
Old 20th February 2022, 12:12   #126

One more slightly bordering on irritating is the auto start stop. Especially in touch and go traffic.

You need to always stop auto off when you start the car. It doesn't remember the setting. The engine just stops immediately when you hit 0. So imagine this, you are at a roundabout, coming to a momentary stop. The car stops and cranks on again.

Don't know about its impact on the starter mechanism and battery life, but it's half way irritating having to miss that crucial half second at a round about due to the start stop system.

Either have a decent algo, maybe wait 5-7 seconds. Or if I turn off auto stop start feature then the car should remember if it's turned off.

I think this is common to BMWs because even my wife's X1 has it. Imagine asking the wife to disable auto start stop every time she turns on the car! Harakiri. BMW should definitely think of making the UX better.
Old 21st February 2022, 01:04   #127

Quote:
Have had the 330Li MSport for better part of a year now.
Appears to be an issue, hoping software issues which can be rectified.

Considering that I have booked the car last week, would like to know your experience in terms of driving, handling and suspension after a year? Thanks in advance.
Old 21st February 2022, 01:07   #128

Hi everyone, anyone has gone for the PPF? Would like to know your views and if at all it is helpful? Apologies in advance, if I have missed a separate thread on this issue. Dealership recommends it as a must to be done.
Old 21st February 2022, 08:56   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakketsatapathy View Post
Appears to be an issue, hoping software issues which can be rectified.
Yeah, I think the same too.

Quote:
Considering that I have booked the car last week, would like to know your experience in terms of driving, handling and suspension after a year? Thanks in advance.
Oh, it's a beast! Small push on the pedal and you'll be going really fast. You won’t realise the speeds. Steering feedback is great in all three modes. Although suspension is on the soft side. It's not a 340i! It's a luxury sedan.

Mod Note - There are too many mistakes in your posts. Please proofread and write clearly.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st February 2022 at 09:00. Reason: Too many errors.
Old 21st February 2022, 14:01   #130
BHPian

Hi bhp-ians

Wanted to drop in and day hi and upload of few pics of my new beauty in portimao blue.

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3414.jpg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3416.jpg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3417.jpg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3415.jpg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3412.jpg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3411.jpg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_3422.jpg

A few bits I've changed:

1. New grill (hated the chrome and didn't like the black too much)

2. New tail lights (dig the dragon lights, they're awesome with sequential turn signals)

3. Coded in and out quite a few features like Sport Plus, Comfort Plus, Exhaust Valve, M Logo, M Dash, Seatbelt chime, 80/120 speed dongs etc.

4. Full body PPF (3M)

5. Crystal gearshift and start stop button

Do let me know if you have any questions. Just super elated to be a part of the BMW clan
Xtreme Torque is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 20:59   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone, anyone has gone for the PPF? Would like to know your views and if at all it is helpful? Apologies in advance, if I have missed a separate thread on this issue. Dealership recommends it as a must to be done.
If it's a good brand, definitely go for it eyes closed. But get your quotes in first. Then sit down and decide.

At the very least, get the high impact areas covered. Bumpers, fenders and front hood. Rest depends on your budget.

Quote:
One more slightly bordering on irritating is the auto start stop. Especially in touch and go traffic.
You can turn it to remember what you set it to, on or off the next time you start the car. It's very simple coding and takes 1 minute.

Last edited by Turbanator : 21st February 2022 at 23:00. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Please use edit function.
Xtreme Torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 21:07   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Torque View Post
You can turn it to remember what you set it to, on or off the next time you start the car. It's very simple coding and takes 1 minute.
Thanks, but does that void the warranty? Or can the dealership also do that?
Old 21st February 2022, 21:17   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. With the engine on, if the key is away, there is no notification to warn you
That is odd. In my MY20 330i Sport, if I move away with the key with the engine on (very common when I run errands with better half in the car), both the MID cluster and mid-mounted screen immediately shows the following messages:
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_20220221_204857.jpg  

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-img_20220221_204850.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st February 2022 at 21:18.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2022, 21:18   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but does that void the warranty? Or can the dealership also do that?
Nope. It doesn't void the warranty at all. You're only activating features which are already present, not adding anything foreign to it. The BMW dealership can do it themselves if you find the right technician.

Or you can download an app and a proper OBD reader and open a whole new world of software treasure on your bimmer.
Old 22nd February 2022, 14:07   #135

The grills look really rad!!! I didn't know you could get it added to the 330Li. Can you please share the pricing for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Torque View Post
Wanted to drop in and day hi and upload of few pics of my new beauty in portimao blue.
daredevil731 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks