Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2022, 22:16   #181
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

Peeps,
The RFT nightmare has started, methinks. A couple of my tyres are losing pressure every 4-5 days. I get them all to 33 psi and as if on cue the TPMS shows a warning sign 4 days later that the pressure is 29 psi on a couple of them. Just to rub it in, it 'suggests' that I maintain my speed below 130kmph on my commute in Bangalore roads.

On a serious note, should I call the customer service?

Thanks in advance
Old 30th August 2022, 07:24   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulsivemedusa View Post
A couple of my tyres are losing pressure every 4-5 days. I get them all to 33 psi and as if on cue the TPMS shows a warning sign 4 days later that the pressure is 29 psi on a couple of them.
I'd say take it to a high-end tyre shop first and check all the alloys for bends and the tyres for small punctures and/or valve leakages. I've personally not had this happen - definitely not so quickly anyway.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2022, 14:16   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I'd say take it to a high-end tyre shop first and check all the alloys for bends and the tyres for small punctures and/or valve leakages. I've personally not had this happen - definitely not so quickly anyway.
Can you please suggest any that you know of in South Bengaluru? Thanks!
(Thought of messaging you privately but looks like I am ineligible to do it yet).
Old 3rd September 2022, 09:26   #184
BHPian

This is a slightly "wicked" question. It looks like it is possible to code BMW's on-board computer to use the phone's internet instead of relying on the internet provided by the on-board SIM (in India BMWs do not come with an activated SIM).

This would actually make Mapmyindia maps (default navigation) show real-time traffic, to say the least (there are a host of other features that this would trigger). Has anyone tried it, at least after warranty in any BMWs?

Thanks in advance
Impulsivemedusa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 18:33   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please suggest any that you know of in South Bengaluru? Thanks!
(Thought of messaging you privately but looks like I am ineligible to do it yet).
Eyes closed, Madhus:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/banga...bangalore.html (Madhus Tyre Centre - Wilson Garden, Bangalore)
https://g.page/mtcbangalore?share
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2022, 18:48   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The RFT nightmare has started, methinks. A couple of my tyres are losing pressure every 4-5 days. I get them all to 33 psi and as if on cue the TPMS shows a warning sign 4 days later that the pressure is 29 psi on a couple of them. Just to rub it in, it 'suggests' that I maintain my speed below 130kmph on my commute in Bangalore roads.
This has nothing to do with RFTs. RFT "nightmare" as you call it would be if and when (a tiny but non-zero chance) the RFT sidewall catastrophically fails on hitting a bad pothole at high speed.

Other than that, RFTs are NOT known to lose air gradually like it is happening to you. In fact, quite the opposite.

Most likely the valves are the culprit. I had had this issue in my brand new tyres (at the first tyre change) and every day, I used to lose a psi or so of pressure. Turns out it was the valve - specifically the TPMS sensor attached to the valve. If the valve + TPMS sensor attached to it is not fitted properly, it loses some air pressure every day, exactly as you are observing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Eyes closed, Madhus:
+1 to this. Take the car to Madhus and get this fixed.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 3rd September 2022 at 19:04.
Dr.AD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 20:51   #187

Took the delivery 12 days ago, and the odo is at 1200 now. Just got back from its first long drive from Bangalore to chennai and back. Sharing a few pics. Really looking forward to some spirited driving now that the engine has already run in.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-344414052f5842f9a9ee6923287a548c.jpeg  

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-0f4184ef8cea41dd80a46e6a48d748eb.jpeg  

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-f98fdc46884d4ddf90b1ea8797f33c1f.jpeg  

keerthikumar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th September 2022, 09:10   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.AD View Post
+1 to this. Take the car to Madhus and get this fixed.
Yup! A couple of punctures - one on each wheel and have got them fixed. Thanks again.
Old 11th October 2022, 23:24   #189
BHPian

Been a bitter-sweet experience with the car since i bought it in January. Driving is absolute fun with great handling and a very precise steering. However, have been bogged down with small rattles. The first instance of front rattle sound was diagnosed as due to misaligned bonnet hinges which was duly rectified. I am now facing sounds from the rear seat which wasn't picked up by the service centre at the first instance. Suspect it to be a case of misaligned rear seats as i see a big gap between the left rear sit and the panel on which it is supposed to be fixed. This isnt present on the right rear seat. Has anyone else faced similar issues with their car?
Old 20th October 2022, 19:52   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_v_kr View Post
Been a bitter-sweet experience with the car since i bought it in January. Driving is absolute fun with great handling and a very precise steering. However, have been bogged down with small rattles. The first instance of front rattle sound was diagnosed as due to misaligned bonnet hinges which was duly rectified. I am now facing sounds from the rear seat which wasn't picked up by the service centre at the first instance. Suspect it to be a case of misaligned rear seats as i see a big gap between the left rear sit and the panel on which it is supposed to be fixed. This isnt present on the right rear seat. Has anyone else faced similar issues with their car?
Oh. That's sad. Nothing till now. I switched off my music and strained to pick some noise in my cabin in vain. You should take it to the dealer pronto
Impulsivemedusa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 23:57   #191
BHPian

Got the rear seat fixed but the rattling hasnt stopped. The only positive is that it has become more pronounced so that the service centre can identify it better. I suspect it to be coming from the rear left door. Will send the car again post diwali. This will be the sixth visit to the service centre in eight months of ownership. Twice for juddering wipers and four times to fix rattling noises. If it isnt fixed this time, will probably switch service from Navnit to Infinity in hope of a proper solution.
Old 25th October 2022, 15:26   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_v_kr View Post
Got the rear seat fixed but the rattling hasnt stopped. The only positive is that it has become more pronounced so that the service centre can identify it better. I suspect it to be coming from the rear left door.
The interior rattle issues in G20 are quite well known and reported on various sites. Refer to https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1625196.

The rattles in your car seem similar to what I've experienced in mine, and sadly repeatedly. The source would most likely be the plastic trim on the door trim hardening up and rattling against the door frame.

The BMW service station guys should be able to
1. Apply a silicone spray that BMW uses on those rubber beadings.
2. Apply a small transparent felt tape on the door frame.

Doing both will fix the rattle issue pretty much instantly, if they do it right. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes. Have them do it on all 4 doors. Other places to check are the rear armrest cup holder plastic trim pieces and the rear parcel tray shelf.

I am sure that, sadly, the rattles will be back in a few weeks or months. You just have to repeat the same process. If you want to DIY, then use something Wurth Silicone Spray (or similar). Hope this helps.
jfk1975 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2022, 19:17   #193
BHPian

Hi, i find the brakes on my 330li msport too sensitive. Its been a year and 10k km still it is the same. And also it is is a whiplash everytime i come to a stand still and start moving. Anyone with the same situation? Or is it a normal issue with all 3 series? Finding it hard to slow down with half braking while overtaking. Passengers are finding it uncomfortable. And i have to be too cautious with my braking. No such issues with audi or benz or even a 530d which i tried to check.
Old 3rd November 2022, 06:45   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunsedanlover View Post
And also it is is a whiplash everytime i come to a stand still and start moving. Anyone with the same situation?
In your iDrive menu, check the settings for emergency brake assist and park distance control.
Old 3rd November 2022, 10:31   #195
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunsedanlover View Post
And also it is is a whiplash everytime i come to a stand still and start moving. Anyone with the same situation?
This is feel is exaggerated in the Sport mode, try comparing to Eco Pro mode which dulls the accelerator response a bit. But it still does not affect the brake feel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks