Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2022, 21:23   #106
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

Won't unlocking the sport plus mode be a risk to claim warranty? The car will be running on specifications not prescribed by BMW.
Old 24th January 2022, 10:21   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_v_kr View Post
Won't unlocking the sport plus mode be a risk to claim warranty? The car will be running on specifications not prescribed by BMW.
Got it done Remote by this guy "drcodemyvw" yesterday. He seemed knowledgeable and warned me regarding warranty and stuff. Took it for a spin soon after. The roads were empty due to sunday curfew in my state. Experienced true potential of the 330 petrol engine. Reached unmentionable speeds in no time. Was able to customise transmission and engine sttings and even keep Traction control on. BMW should have equipped it default in all its Msport version cars After the spin he was kind enough to remove Sport plus and switch it back to stock settings considering warranty. Now am eagerly waiting till my warranty ends. Yes, BMW guys are sensitive to customisations. For anyone considering a remap (obviously outside the warranty zone). Try unlocking sport plus first. Changed to M cluster as well. Looks cool.
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-df36f132723d4c78b8b4e5c2901c0f66.jpeg  

Last edited by Arunsedanlover : 24th January 2022 at 10:27.
Arunsedanlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 14:44   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Booked a BMW 330li comfort line in the carbon black shade. Intially wanted to book the MSport trim but post the recent price hike, MSport is 2.5 lakhs dearer than the comfortline. Other than paddle shifters, didnt find any incremental benefit to opt for the MSport trim. As suggested by other members on this forum, MY 2022 cars do not come with the wireless charging option.
Congratulations on your new BMW!! what did it cost you OTR, if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!
Old 28th January 2022, 19:49   #109
BHPian

My final on-road price was around 62.5. This was under corporate registration hence had to pay around 4 lakhs extra tax. Under individual registration, on-road would have come to 58 lakhs. Took the delivery today and was positively surprised to know that BMW has added paddle shifts to the luxuryline variant in the MY 2022 models.
gupta_v_kr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 19:50   #110
BHPian

I am planning to change the floor mats which came with the car. Has anyone used the BMW all weather floor mats?. I am happy with the 3M noodle mats which i have in my other cars but was wondering if there is any merit in buying the BMW mats.
Old 30th January 2022, 18:34   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if there is any merit in buying the BMW mats.
The best in my opinion. Covers full area except rear floor hump. Mats have small ridge where stones and water can accumulate. This helps in preventing rubbing when in use. Go for it. Using same in my X1 for past 4 years.

Quote:
I am planning to change the floor mats which came with the car.
Velour mats looks good but aren't practical since they are fabric.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2022, 07:21   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunsedanlover View Post
Got it done Remote by this guy "drcodemyvw" yesterday. He seemed knowledgeable and warned me regarding warranty and stuff. Took it for a spin soon after. The roads were empty due to sunday curfew in my state. Experienced true potential of the 330 petrol engine. Reached unmentionable speeds in no time. Was able to customise transmission and engine sttings and even keep Traction control on. BMW should have equipped it default in all its Msport version cars After the spin he was kind enough to remove Sport plus and switch it back to stock settings considering warranty. Now am eagerly waiting till my warranty ends. Yes, BMW guys are sensitive to customisations. For anyone considering a remap (obviously outside the warranty zone). Try unlocking sport plus first. Changed to M cluster as well. Looks cool.

Firstly Congratulations on your amazing purchase, wish you a great many miles ahead. Can you please share the contact details of "drcodemyvw" Need the same for decoding speed warning chimes
Old 8th February 2022, 17:40   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driveB48 View Post
Firstly Congratulations on your amazing purchase, wish you a great many miles ahead. Can you please share the contact details of "drcodemyvw" Need the same for decoding speed warning chimes
Thank you. Contact his instagram account. Instagram.com/drcodemyvw
Arunsedanlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2022, 15:37   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, BMW guys are sensitive to customisations. For anyone considering a remap (obviously outside the warranty zone). Try unlocking sport plus first. Changed to M cluster as well. Looks cool.
What could be the reason for Sports+ to be disabled? The 330i Sports had it by default. I can understand deleting the wireless charger etc. but what is the rationale for this move?

Also, if they have only disabled it, why would enabling affect warranty? Does the dealer have ability to turn Sports+ for a price?
Old 14th February 2022, 16:20   #115
BHPian

Quote:
After the spin he was kind enough to remove Sport plus and switch it back to stock settings considering warranty. Now am eagerly waiting till my warranty ends.
Isn't Sport+ the same as putting the car in Sports mode + setting traction to DTC + slotting transmission into S?
I know it's more steps then just pushing a single button to get to Sports+ but perhaps not worth risking warranty for?
Old 14th February 2022, 17:31   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Isn't Sport+ the same as putting the car in Sports mode + setting traction to DTC + slotting transmission into S?
I know it's more steps then just pushing a single button to get to Sports+ but perhaps not worth risking warranty for?
I found the throttle response to be noticeably aggressive in sport plus vs sports. Yeah it is a sore miss to leave out sports seats and sport plus mode in the 330li msport. This car grows on you slowly.
Got ceramic pro done on the car with 3M CR70 for front windshield.Looks great from the side and it begs for vinyl
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-7f1497c6271a4917af6772c340e0b385.jpeg  

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-0ce85e681e1b48fd887b71b31602b116.jpeg  

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-2b55a47e075742e082cda543367f6b05.jpeg  

Last edited by Arunsedanlover : 14th February 2022 at 17:42.
Arunsedanlover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 23:15   #117

Going to finally place an order for a 330Li M sport with portimao blue colour. Thanks to everyone in this forum to help us make this decision. Any must have accessories we should look to book? Planning to place an order for the floor mats and the wireless charger(I know. We now have to pay for it additionally).
Old 17th February 2022, 23:36   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daredevil731 View Post
Going to finally place an order for a 330Li M sport with portimao blue colour. Thanks to everyone in this forum to help us make this decision. Any must have accessories we should look to book? Planning to place an order for the floor mats and the wireless charger(I know. We now have to pay for it additionally).
what's the on road price you have got? any discounts.
Old 18th February 2022, 00:34   #119

Yes approx 3.5 lacs on ex-showroom. Since I am purchasing this as part of my corporate lease program, didn't have any wiggle room to negotiate on insurance or service packages.
Old 18th February 2022, 16:29   #120
BHPian

@daredevil731
Would definitely recommend the all black grill.
The M door projector lights look pretty cool as well
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-f92760e5d9984e1c80b4b805c0ecaa51_1_105_c.jpeg  

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-3266be7a8c044453a6dcbc84164a1d81_1_105_c.jpeg  

divinedoc is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks