Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2021, 20:55   #91
BHPian

Re: BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)

Thanks guys. Is there any engine break in period for 330 li? Can anyone recommend tyre pressures for the 18RFTs? Find it too soft for my liking. Just completed around 800km.Will it get better with time?
Old 2nd January 2022, 05:58   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunsedanlover View Post
Thanks guys. Is there any engine break in period for 330 li? Can anyone recommend tyre pressures for the 18RFTs? Find it too soft for my liking. Just completed around 800km.Will it get better with time?
I have started keeping it at 39psi. Helps in city drive too. That's what the label on the door indicates too.
sedatecruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 09:25   #93

Avg mileage update

Last night I decided to take my 330Li Msport for a family night ride. It was mostly highway drive with a avg. speed of 70kmph.

My 2 year old was playing around with the idrive controller and this came up. Looks like a new year surprise to me. Have anybody else here received such a mileage of 20kmpl?

I sincerely hope there is nothing wrong with the electronics.

I own a portimao blue, will share the pics here soon
Attached Thumbnails
BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-df2a41d7118d40de8a03466214e6f022.jpeg  

Sankarsiv3060 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 13:13   #94
BHPian

Yes... My driver got the around 18 kmpl avg for a 200 km highway round trip maintaining 90-110 kmph. Average since delivery shows 14.3kmpl. But the Ld my uncle owns is miles ahead @ around 18.5 kmpl since delivery. And diesel's low end torque is much betterin any given driving mode.No necessity to go beyond 1.8k rpm in the diesel version. But my Li only delivers the same post 4k rpm. Diesel seems to be a more sensible choice. Any other li owners want to comment on this just in case i have to change my driving style.
Arunsedanlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 13:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunsedanlover View Post
Yes... My driver got the around 18 kmpl avg for a 200 km highway round trip maintaining 90-110 kmph. Average since delivery shows 14.3kmpl. But the Ld my uncle owns is miles ahead @ around 18.5 kmpl since delivery. And diesel's low end torque is much betterin any given driving mode.No necessity to go beyond 1.8k rpm in the diesel version. But my Li only delivers the same post 4k rpm. Diesel seems to be a more sensible choice. Any other li owners want to comment on this just in case i have to change my driving style.
330i has to be driven differently to enjoy to the fullest. You cannot drive it like a diesel. If you are used to torquey diesel and would like to continue with same driving style, then 320D is good, if you love revving and pushing hard, nothing like 330.
PrideRed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 18:50   #96
BHPian

This is amazing. I have the 330i (non Li) and have never seen beyond 16 kmpl even on cruise. Should be the same engine except yours should be heavier since it's longer. This is really petrol, right? Were you driving in eco mode?

My normal in city is 11 kmpl and highway is around 14, comfort driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankarsiv3060 View Post

Avg mileage
update

My 2 year old was playing around with the idrive controller and this came up. Looks like a new year surprise to me. Have anybody else here received such a mileage of 20kmpl?

I sincerely hope there is nothing wrong with the electronics.
Old 3rd January 2022, 22:33   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodex View Post
This is amazing. I have the 330i (non Li) and have never seen beyond 16 kmpl even on cruise. Should be the same engine except yours should be heavier since it's longer. This is really petrol, right? Were you driving in eco mode?

My normal in city is 11 kmpl and highway is around 14, comfort driving.
Hi Astrodex, yes it’s petrol only. I double checked.
I was driving in comfort and NOT eco pro.

On usual occasions, I rev hard for sheer thrill and never really checked the mileage. This time I was driving steady and was quite amazed to see this figure. Now I’m intrigued and will try different driving styles.

I think with a 330Li the best fun will be to check for the lowest possible economy figures
Sankarsiv3060 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 21:43   #98
BHPian

Hello all, right now I have the 520d in my shortlist over the 3 series for a few reasons.
  1. The Harman Kardon audio system
  2. More boot space
  3. Little more leg room
However, I thought why not consider the 3 series LWB version since it at least addresses 1 and 3 above.

Few clarifications:
  1. Is the Harman Kardon setup in 3 LWB exactly same as the one in the 5 series? On paper they are same, but are there any differences not listed? Asking since I test drove both, but somehow felt that the one in 5 sounded (marginally) better, even after testing with same EQ/device/track.
  2. How does handling compare across 3 series regular, LWB, and the 5 series? Quick comparative view would be good. From my test drives I felt 5 was slightly better than 3 LWB (I didn't test drive the 3 regular), but my test drives were short and I didn't have much opportunity to do fast cornering. Is the difference in handling very small between the three cars?
Old 9th January 2022, 22:57   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
Hello all, right now I have the 520d in my shortlist over the 3 series for a few reasons.
  1. The Harman Kardon audio system
  2. More boot space
  3. Little more leg room
However, I thought why not consider the 3 series LWB version since it at least addresses 1 and 3 above.

Few clarifications:
  1. Is the Harman Kardon setup in 3 LWB exactly same as the one in the 5 series? On paper they are same, but are there any differences not listed? Asking since I test drove both, but somehow felt that the one in 5 sounded (marginally) better, even after testing with same EQ/device/track.
  2. How does handling compare across 3 series regular, LWB, and the 5 series? Quick comparative view would be good. From my test drives I felt 5 was slightly better than 3 LWB (I didn't test drive the 3 regular), but my test drives were short and I didn't have much opportunity to do fast cornering. Is the difference in handling very small between the three cars?
From what I heard, music system is the same. The 520d might get a bit better damping hence the improvement or it might just be the audio settings.
I personally liked the drive in 320Ld than the 520D in which you sit much lower. That said 520D gets adaptive suspension and 18 inch rims but also carries the extra bulk and has the same engine. 5 series seem to bottom out more which was a deal breaker for me along with comfort of back seats.

Also do note for extra 10-15L you get some more kit(If that matters)in 520D like better lights, comfort access, electric steering adjust etc. where as 320Ld gets bigger sunroof.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2022, 22:15   #100
BHPian

Booked a BMW 330li comfort line in the carbon black shade. Intially wanted to book the MSport trim but post the recent price hike, MSport is 2.5 lakhs dearer than the comfortline. Other than paddle shifters, didnt find any incremental benefit to opt for the MSport trim. As suggested by other members on this forum, MY 2022 cars do not come with the wireless charging option.
Old 14th January 2022, 08:00   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupta_v_kr View Post
Other than paddle shifters, didnt find any incremental benefit to opt for the MSport trim.
Good to hear, congratulations!

BMW's ever-changing feature set is confusing. What are the differences between the Luxury Line & the M Sport now? I'm aware of the following:

17" vs 18" wheels
Different bumpers
No fog lights
No Sport+ mode
No paddle shifters
Different finish on the dashboard inserts
Comfort front seats rather than Sport seats

Anything else?
Old 14th January 2022, 14:40   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Good to hear, congratulations!

BMW's ever-changing feature set is confusing. What are the differences between the Luxury Line & the M Sport now? I'm aware of the following:

17" vs 18" wheels
Different bumpers
No fog lights
No Sport+ mode
No paddle shifters
Different finish on the dashboard inserts
Comfort front seats rather than Sport seats

Anything else?
The differences now are below

Wheels
Bumpers
Interior trim
Steering

Rest everything remains same except MSport gets few extra badges.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 18:46   #103
BHPian

I dont think sport+ mode is available in either the Luxuryline or the Msport. The Portimao Blue shade is available only in the MSport trim.
Old 16th January 2022, 18:52   #104
BHPian

Got these FE figuires. Realistic driving conditions. 17.4 kmpl -sedate driving @100 kmph for the first 85 kilometres.Can't hold the reins for long. Hence shifted to comfort mode and a bit spirited driving upto 120kmph.(Including a ghat section stretch of about 20km) Got 16kmpl. Seems reasonable for such a large powerful sedan. Yes! Its a 330li msport.BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-7dcacf6d0b394c28b325e625b2b45e00.jpeg

BMW 3-Series Gran Limousine Review (Long Wheelbase)-cfcf2e4b4df4492081a68f60ea5928cc.jpeg
Arunsedanlover is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2022, 20:36   #105
BHPian

Coded…Couldn’t hold it for long.The pleasant surprise was unlocking “SPORT PLUS”. Totally different animal. Seemed like a stage up. Initially thought that it will be just a display gimmick Man….I was wrong.

Last edited by Arunsedanlover : 23rd January 2022 at 20:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks