Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2022, 14:49   #2221
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
URGENT!

I just booked Ambition AT 1L. I asked for PDI before full payment, he asked I can do PDI but he can't guarantee that the particular piece will be for me. (That's weird?)

He said to do full payment then the allotted vehicle will be ready for me and then I can do PDI and then the vehicle will go for registration. Is this the process?
No way you should agree to making any payment without being shown the specific vehicle and being allowed to do a complete PDI. Only after you are totally satisfied should you make the payment. Post payment, the RTO process happens and after that you will have to take delivery.
RPM1706 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 16:05   #2222

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post

I would greatly appreciate some thoughts/advice on this as i need to confirm the booking today itself. With not enough 2021 stock available, the dealer is also pressing for a Yes or a No.

I like the vehicle overall, is a December model and but for these 2 points, works for me. Helps avoid the price hike and the new model with the dropped auto folding ORVM feature etc.
For the variant of your choice, what is the difference in price for the 2021 to 2022 model considering the offers/discounts? I was in the same boat but then decided to wait for the 2022 model as there are better chances of getting all the niggles/issues addressed in the 2022 model. Moreover, on the price difference, I was told by SA that the same cash discount (50K) was still being offered on 2022 models as was on 2021 models. I would suggest getting a quote for the 2022 model from another dealer.

It's a usual tactic by dealers to press customers for a YES immediately. Don't fall for that. If customers lining up was the case then they would not have any vehicle (Kushaq) left from last year when we are nearing January end. Take your time and make an informed decision.
ladha.deepak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 17:44   #2223

Request For Help

I received my 1.5TSI AT VIN just a while back. It starts with MEX. Is this expected? The VIN decoder thread talks about TMB for Skoda.
Also, is there any website that (safely) decodes Sokda India VINs?

Thanks in advance
Old 28th January 2022, 18:52   #2224
BHPian

Re: Request For Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by apputim View Post
I received my 1.5TSI AT VIN just a while back. It starts with MEX. Is this expected? The VIN decoder thread talks about TMB for Skoda.
Also, is there any website that (safely) decodes Sokda India VINs?

Thanks in advance
Yes, it should start with MEX. Look for the 6th letter in the VIN for the month of manufacture. For Skoda, an L, for instance, will be December (as the 12th character and month).
RPM1706 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 19:04   #2225

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
Yes, it should start with MEX. Look for the 6th letter in the VIN for the month of manufacture. For Skoda, an L, for instance, will be December (as the 12th character and month).
Thanks so much! From the VIN it is a Jan 2022 manufactured car.

Is there a way I can validate the rest of the details?
Old 28th January 2022, 19:37   #2226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladha.deepak View Post
For the variant of your choice, what is the difference in price for the 2021 to 2022 model considering the offers/discounts? I was in the same boat but then decided to wait for the 2022 model as there are better chances of getting all the niggles/issues addressed in the 2022 model. Moreover, on the price difference, I was told by SA that the same cash discount (50K) was still being offered on 2022 models as was on 2021 models. I would suggest getting a quote for the 2022 model from another dealer.
Thanks, Deepak. The cash discount is (at least the Rs.50k one) on the Ambition only. I was looking for the Style variant with the 6 airbags. It took a lot of persistent discussions to get them to give a cash discount of Rs.20K and a few items from the essential accessories thrown in too.

I agree with you that the 2022 batch will be so much more sorted and niggle free. But we found this one good on the PDI inspection, except for this minor alignment issue on the door beading which they have promised to fix. The fact that this is from the December lot is another point we considered.

And then the absence of the auto folding ORVM in the new batches kind of is weighing on my mind. Thanks all the same for your kind inputs.

Last edited by RPM1706 : 28th January 2022 at 19:41. Reason: Added a point
RPM1706 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 19:45   #2227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apputim View Post
Thanks so much! From the VIN it is a Jan 2022 manufactured car.

Is there a way I can validate the rest of the details?
Well, you could try enquiring in the VIN thread here. The chances of getting an expert response should be better there.

There's also the guide to interpreting a VIN for all cars in beginning of that thread.
RPM1706 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 20:37   #2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEA View Post
I have exactly the same issue since day 1 of ownership. I didn’t bother to get it checked yet. It was mild and gets drowned in my loud music. Today I noticed that the rattle is louder (it was a squeak initially) and I am planning to get it checked. I tried to locate the source but I just cannot. It appears to come from the area of dashboard joining the left A pillar. This issue has bothered many owners in this forum alone.
Even I've been having this dashboard rattling from the day 1. Got my car delivered on Dec 3rd and I've already visited service center 5 times and have reported this to them every single time and still haven't been able to get any fix!

In my last visit to the service center, they took me on a test drive car to observe if even the test car had the same issue. And even that car had the same rattling noise, but it was a bit less noisy than mine.

They also mentioned that since it's a plastic trim, we can't avoid noises completely. But when I mentioned that even my swift has a plastic dashboard and it doesn't squeak even a bit, they said they are okay with replacing the dashboard cover entirely after taking approvals from the skoda technical team, however they also mentioned since it's a plastic component, disassembling and assembling manually would ruin the factory fit and finishing, will expand the joints/locks and it may cause more squeaking noise than before. So they suggested that I use it for a few more days and asked me to come back in case the rattling increases. So I decided to give it some more time, till Skoda actually receive more complaints on this issue and come up with an actual solution.

But what irked me more was, while I was leaving the service center, despite Skoda being at fault for so many issues in Kushaq, the CRM was like "Sir, please be positive while driving. If you just keep thinking about issues, you'll only observe the issues more" 🤷
maverick_kushaq is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th January 2022, 23:10   #2229
BHPian

Dealer is forcing me to do full payment before Jan 31st. He said Feb 1st prices may change and the discounts for 2021 models might differ/could be reduced.

Are these tactics to force the customer? Or is it genuine reason.
Old 28th January 2022, 23:33   #2230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_kushaq View Post
Even I've been having this dashboard rattling from the day 1. Got my car delivered on Dec 3rd and I've already visited service center 5 times and have reported this to them every single time and still haven't been able to get any fix!
What is this dashboard rattle noise some are talking about? Is there a video recording available/possible?

I get some minor plastic squeak/creak sounds on bad roads from the dash occassionally, just wanted to know if it's the same thing.
If its the same, then I don't think the squeak/creak sounds can be resolved. And it's very minor actually.
Old 28th January 2022, 23:36   #2231

Quote:
But what irked me more was, while I was leaving the service center, despite Skoda being at fault for so many issues in Kushaq, the CRM was like "Sir, please be positive while driving. If you just keep thinking about issues, you'll only observe the issues more" 🤷
Looks like Skoda salespeople themselves have got so frustrated with the quality and the incoming complaints that now they have started preaching "Be Positive" gyaan to their customers. Unknowingly they are doing mis-service to their customer as no one is asking them for these free life lessons but resolving the known/reported issues.

I'm quite surprised that even after 6 months of product release, Skoda has not been able to rectify the initial set of niggles. Just y'day, there was the story of EPC issue in a presumably fault-free, newly replaced fuel pump. What is happening? Then this rattling noise, door beading issues. Every new car would have some or other issues but it is not very often that manufacturer is as clueless as Skoda about how to fix the issues. My liking towards Kushaq is waning down by the day.
Old 29th January 2022, 00:41   #2232

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
What is this dashboard rattle noise some are talking about? Is there a video recording available/possible?
Here's the video that I had recorded a month back on a decent white topped road

maverick_kushaq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 11:53   #2233
BHPian

Quote:
Here's the video that I had recorded a month back on a decent white topped road

https://Youtu.be/oXjWAkjFLRg
Thanks for this - I have a similar issue with mine when traversing bad roads but couldn't zero in on the root cause. Funny thing is when someone sits on the passenger seat with the seat pushed back to a certain point, the sound disappears.

And no, it's not the seat belt , as I tested it by having someone hold it in their hands while driving - and the rattle persisted.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 12:46   #2234
BHPian

Saw these pictures of Kushaq on Olx with painted cladding

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20220129_1232332.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20220129_1232392.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20220129_123243.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20220129_123248.jpg

I'm not sure what to say about the execution of this particular example but the one where someone did a Monte Carlo on red Kushaq was very tasteful.

Quote:
Name:  images 21.jpeg
Views: 1871
Size:  46.1 KB
sachin_cs is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2022, 13:22   #2235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
Saw these pictures of Kushaq on Olx with painted cladding

Attachment 2266295

Attachment 2266296

Attachment 2266297

Attachment 2266298

I'm not sure what to say about the execution of this particular example but the one where someone did a Monte Carlo on red Kushaq was very tasteful.
Oh boy. Those alloys sure look like kitchen sink drain holes.
abhi_ank is offline   (12) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks