Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2021, 10:12   #871
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
As per Autocar, Taigun 1.0 manual is quicker than the Kushaq's 1.0. Quicker by 0.5 seconds for 0-100 and 2.7 seconds for 0 - 160. This will definitely make decision making easy for enthusiasts confused with VAG twins.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-rev...t-drive-422561
I test drove the 1.0 TopLine manual and was blown away by the engine. I cannot imagine needing more power than this. Suspension was on the stiffer side but still better than my Ecosport S. However, the steering feel is a let down for me, considering I've got an Ecosport and AWD duster which seem to be better weighted.
Old 19th November 2021, 13:09   #872
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmay2612 View Post
12. VW connect app seems to have issue as Jio dongle is not online since 3rd November, got to know from my SA it's a server issue. Not sure about it though.
Is it working now? I had the same issue. However, this is due to car and owner details not updated by the dealer on the server as they were waiting for the number plate from the RTO before updating on the server. Only God knows why. It is working like a charm now. However, the tricky part is that "Driver's performance" is rated after every trip.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th November 2021 at 21:31. Reason: Language errors, spacing
Old 19th November 2021, 14:48   #873
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
I do hope that your kids are not using the sunroof as a ‘ride the tank turret’ amusement ride. Its a safe hazard and extremely dangerous.

+1

Volkswagen Taigun Review-20211116_140642.jpg

That's another Taigun owner entertaining his kid.

Please, Don't!

@Tanmay2612 There are many posts in Volkswagen polo/vento owners groups on social media complaining about the lack of interior quality (compared to older polos and Ventos) in the Taigun/Kushaq. Is it true?

Upgrading from Polo to Taigun, you will be the right person to clarify that doubt.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 19th November 2021 at 14:51.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 15:12   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
There are many posts in Volkswagen polo/vento owners groups on social media complaining about the lack of interior quality (compared to older polos and Ventos) in the Taigun/Kushaq. Is it true?
I own a 2013 model Vento Comfortline and a Taigun 1L MT topline. I don't find much of a difference as regards interior material quality between the two models. Both use the same hard plastics, AC vents, and headline material. However, headline materials finishing could have been better in Taigun, I wish!

Mods: I was not able to edit my earlier post to multi quote and hence this separate post. Please, combine the posts.

Last edited by Gokrish : 19th November 2021 at 15:13.
Gokrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 15:17   #875

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Is it working now? I had the same issue. However, this is due car and owner details not updated by the dealer in the Server as they were waiting for the number plate from the RTO before updating on the server! Only God knows why! It is working like a charm now! However, the tricky part is that "Driver's performance" is rated after every trip!
Got a call from my sales advisor saying that dongle shows working from server end. I need to disconnect and connect the JIO dongle again. I will be trying that over this weekend and check again. I will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
+1

Attachment 2234707

That's another Taigun owner entertaining his kid.

Please, Don't!

@Tanmay2612 There are many posts in Volkswagen polo/vento owners groups on social media complaining about the lack of interior quality (compared to older polos and Ventos) in the Taigun/Kushaq. Is it true?

Upgrading from Polo to Taigun, you will be the right person to clarify that doubt.
With almost 2 weeks of usage i feel that the roof lining and wherever the felt lining is provided is not up to the levels you would find on the earlier Polo. The interior plastics i dont blame much because the touch and feel of plastics change as polymer technology progresses and now there would be much stronger and thinner options still maintaining the similar durability. One thing i like is that on the door handles a separate soft cushioning is provided which is good addition.
Felt lining cost cutting is evident if someone just checks the flooring above the spare wheel, it clearly shows the difference between new and old material. It might not be a deal breaker, but better can be expected.
Old 19th November 2021, 16:19   #876
Team-BHP Support

Taigun prices hiked by Rs 4000/-

Quote:
Volkswagen has hiked prices for all variants of the Taigun by Rs 4,000. The Taigun now ranges from Rs 10.54 lakh-17.54 lakh (ex-showroom, India).
Source - https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...s-hiked-422688
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 17:04   #877
BHPian

Having both Polo & Taigun, I personally do not feel a lot of difference in terms of build quality & interiors. Roof lining agreed is a let down. But they way people are complaining inferior built quality is not true. The quality of material is almost similar to their rivals or even better in some areas.
TJ02 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 19:58   #878
BHPian

Just booked the Taigun Comfortline model, been told that delivery will be in 2-3 months. Since we are in no hurry, we are okay with the timeline.
Old 19th November 2021, 21:46   #879
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen Taigun is in the list of eligible cars for the 2022 World Car of the Year!

Volkswagen Taigun Review-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 21:51   #880
BHPian

Me and my family went showroom hopping today. First stop was VW, because 1. I have not seen the Taigun in cold metal flesh yet, 2. I am a German technology fanboy. Two takeaways from the experience are:

1. Interior lighting: Our visit was in the evening. Lighting level is low (not showroom level bright) and in green colour (see attached photo). So it was difficult to appreciate the interior material and colour. Are they trying to hide something? Even exterior colour looks different under any colour light except natural white light. Their rebranding designer seems to have mixed up somewhere.

2. Marketing executive wasn't as smart in attire and presentation as we have encountered in another showroom.

Onto the car itself: the exposed sunroof mechanical is an eyesore. The cabin light switches are tacky: material, fit and finish are very poor. These days we have soft flip electrical wall switches. These cabin light switches belong to three decades back. Door window switches are slightly better, just slightly. Door seems lighter than my Vento, the heavy feel seems to come from the door hinge tensioning.

Did I find anything good? Maybe. However I went with high expectations of German quality and precision engineering. This isn't one. Maybe the mechanicals are. But not on user touchpoints. By the way, I don't like the rear light bar.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Taigun Review-20211119_170958.jpg  

Guite is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 10:03   #881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokrish View Post
Is it working now? I had the same issue. However, this is due to car and owner details not updated by the dealer on the server as they were waiting for the number plate from the RTO before updating on the server. Only God knows why. It is working like a charm now. However, the tricky part is that "Driver's performance" is rated after every trip.

Disconnected and connected dongle back to port today morning. It is working fine now.
Old 21st November 2021, 10:30   #882
BHPian

This Dummy Head-Lamp. [ Yeah, no one seems to be in a mood to talk about that.]
Anyone thought of getting that inexplicable eyesore of a dummy reflector fixed with a new lamp? Convert / retrofit with a low power lamp to switch on with DRL may be.
Really bizarre. Like selling shirts without the top collar button: -
“Shirt performs required functions 99% of the time without it.”

Save pennies at the cost of that solid VW reputation.
CLIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 10:55   #883
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
This Dummy Head-Lamp. [ Yeah, no one seems to be in a mood to talk about that.]
Anyone thought of getting that inexplicable eyesore of a dummy reflector fixed with a new lamp? Convert / retrofit with a low power lamp to switch on with DRL may be.
Really bizarre. Like selling shirts without the top collar button: -
“Shirt performs required functions 99% of the time without it.”

Save pennies at the cost of that solid VW reputation.
The "dummy" lamp is there for the symmetry for purely aesthetic purposes. And VW is not the first one do it, BMW has been doing it for years in X1, X3 and even the latest 3 series (the inner projector is dummy). If the lights are good enough with the current configuration (and they are going by the reviews so far), i see no reason to complain.
agambhandari is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 11:02   #884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
The "dummy" lamp is there for the symmetry for purely aesthetic purposes. And VW is not the first one do it, BMW has been doing it for years in X1, X3 and even the latest 3 series (the inner projector is dummy). If the lights are good enough with the current configuration (and they are going by the reviews so far), i see no reason to complain.
Wow! Thanks for shedding light on that one!
IMHO - That is still a strange thing. [Even if others did the same.]
Old 21st November 2021, 15:11   #885

Hi Everybody,

I have been tracking Taigun and discussion in this forum since the beginning. Just become BHPian and this is my first post. It is more for seeking advice. I have booked Taigun 1.5 DSG at Volkswagen Navi Mumbai. I am expecting the delivery in a week’s time. I need some advice from the knowledgeable members here, namely:
1. I have read many times in various posts about the importance of PDI. It would be helpful to know the important points to bear in mind and precautions.
2. Somebody wrote that he checked that the test drive vehicle is not delivered to him as his car. What are the chances of such a thing happening? And how should I ensure that I get a new car?

And I must mention here that I really enjoy the quality of discussions that happen here.
absurange is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks