Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2021, 10:19   #976
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Taigun Review

My Taigun screen goes blank whenever I try to login for VW apps. Any idea why this happening?

It gets connected to wifi but as soon you click on login it becomes blank.
Old 20th December 2021, 18:46   #977

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
My Taigun screen goes blank whenever I try to login for VW apps. Any idea why this happening?

It gets connected to wifi but as soon you click on login it becomes blank.
This happened with me also. I raised a complaint with VW. They redirected me to the Dealership. I visited the Dealership after 3-4 days and asked them. When they tried to do, it worked smoothly and I was able to login and then download the APPS. The night before I visited Dealership, the screen was still going blank, when I tried on my own.

The Dealership also did not know the cause.
Old 21st December 2021, 19:27   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Hi everyone! I'm considering getting the Taigun Comfortline in 2022, about which I have a few questions:

1. Is it true that the Comfortline doesn't come with a rear parcel shelf? If so, does VW offer the part as an accessory that can be fitted at the time of purchase?

2. Can the 60:40 split seats from the Highline be retrofitted later down the line?

3. Is the Highline worth the extra ₹2+ lakhs? For me, the Comfortline has most of the features I need - a fun motor, 6-speed manual, steering mounted controls, rear AC vents, electric ORVMs, driver armrest, tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel, and height adjustable driver's seat. I can live without the split-folding rear seats, so that's not a deal breaker. I'd love to hear from Comfortline owners if there are any glaring omissions compared to the higher variants.

Cheers!
Booked the Comfortline for similar reasons, the price difference to Highline did not make a good business case. Only thing I see amiss was the automatic climate control, but it’s liveable.
My wife will be driving this one, strictly in the city and she does love the manual over automatic anyday.
Old_Salt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 10:11   #979

I've been a silent follower on this thread so far. Thanks to everyone for all the inputs. After driving an i10 Asta for over a decade, it was more than necessary to get to a new car. We decided to go ahead and get a Taigun Topline 1.0MT.

We discounted the Kia Seltos because of the GNCAP ratings and long wait times for the Creta meant it was not an option. Further, we actually wanted a car that looked and felt a little smaller (while not compromising on rear leg space!) than the Korean twins for city driving. The 'feel' of the German engines was really good for a VW newbie like myself. I test drove the Kushaq and Taigun a few times and found driving on the Taigun a little easier in city traffic as the Kushaq clutch felt a little tight on two different test drives. A minor point but the Taigun seatbelt feels really smooth and my wife preferred the external look to the Taigun as well. Unfortunately, the Highline misses a few key features I wanted (6 airbags, tire pressure monitor, and digital cockpit) so had to go with the Topline. I also spoke to a few VW owners and looked at a number of online reviews and Youtube videos before taking a call. We got possession of the car this morning Feels great and will post more after a couple of long drives this coming week.
dhananjay33 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 12:30   #980
BHPian

Any idea how does TPMS work. I checked my car tyre pressure it was less by 3 to 4 pts in couple of them. I had set the TPMS at 33 and did not receive any alerts. How does this TPMS work any idea?
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:45   #981
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbarve View Post
Taigun real world Fuel Efficiency numbers for my car (GT1.5).
Thanks for sharing!

Turbo diesels are like private bank employees, they serve you consistently well even when you are a little brash with them. Turbo petrols are like SBI employees, they can be gentle when you are very gentle with them and can be a pain when you are brash

The quoted post makes me pat myself on my shoulders for not quenching my lust for polo/rapid 1.0 tsi and instead buying a turbo diesel.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2021, 17:54   #982
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this, @vinitbarve.
How much difference do you note between tank-full to tank-full and MID readings?
Old 22nd December 2021, 19:39   #983
BHPian

I think the fuel economy is liveable, it is returning around 20-30% less in most general situations i or most people would drive in vis a vis my Diesel Creta (1.6) which is pretty much at par when it comes to power (and hence a good benchmark to compare), ofcourse leaving aside the pedal to metal which should be better in the VW (more revvs and revv happiness, more overall BHP at higher rpms)

In extreme circumstances the Creta can be around 50% more fuel efficient but then again the diesels are fantastic when it comes to fuel economy but it is nice to see clever engineered cars like yours closing in the gap.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 22nd December 2021 at 19:40.
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:23   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Thanks for this, @vinitbarve.
How much difference do you note between tank-full to tank-full and MID readings?
I monitored it during my long drive trip 2000KM and it was very accurate - spot on. A friend was driving Safari and he had errors to the extent of 5-7%, he ended up concluding his tank was larger than the rated capacity. I havent bothered to check after that trip - but thanks for the reminder will note it for city drives.
vinitbarve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2021, 10:56   #985
BHPian

Quote:

Done with 4K on Taigun - Have now reasonable sense on how the car consumes fuel with different driving modes

Case1 (worst) Daily city drive/ home to office commute; 3 km takes 10-20 mins, one stretch of bad traffic

FE: 6.5KMPL to 8.5KMPL.

Case2a: Long city drive; 20 Km in 40 mins, mix of signals and moderate traffic and excellent driving (no over taking, less strong accelerations and brakings)

FE: 15KMPL to 16KMPL

Case2b: Long city drive; 20 Km in 40 mins, mix of signals and moderate traffic and fast driving (over taking, intermittant accelerations and brakings)

FE: 12KMPL to 14KMPL

Case3a: Highway drive; avg. steady 60-80 KMPH,
FE: 22KMPL to 24KMPL (On Pune Mumbai stretch which involves slope, this can touch 25 for the full drive, attached pic was post navigating a KM queue at Vashi toll)

Attachment 2244655

Case3b: Highway drive; Fast/ overtaking. (bordering permissible limits or beyond)
FE: 15KMPL to 17KMPL

Attachment 2244654
These numbers look as expected to me for a turbo petrol except for the worst traffic scenario. I'd expected that one to be 10 kmpl. You haven't mentioned the loads. How many people in the car and any luggage?
Old 23rd December 2021, 11:20   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon85 View Post
These numbers look as expected to me for a turbo petrol except for the worst traffic scenario. I'd expected that one to be 10 kmpl. You haven't mentioned the loads. How many people in the car and any luggage?
1. City drive daily - single person
2. City long drives - 3 people + moderate luggage
3. Highway long drive 3 people + full boot

Although weight matters, it didnt create a big delta on the fuel efficiency. Traffic conditions (Ability to consistently drive above 15KMPH) and being light on acci and brake, mattered the most, by far.

Active cylinder technology helps in driving better (primary aim is to run lesser cylinders at higher efficiency and hence better fuel efficiency), but one tends to aim for that "Eco" sign to appear on the dashboard, that automatically improves drive quality and fuel efficiency
vinitbarve is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 10:43   #987
BANNED

Test drove the 1.5 GT Plus DSG few days back.

Volkswagen Taigun Review-screenshot_20211226175717_snapchat.jpg

Would be comparing my impressions to Polo GT(I own a 1.2 TSI) and Kushaq and Seltos (have driven in the past)
  • Exterior Finish ,Paint and Build Quality is at par with all local VAG products (Polo/Vento/Rapid)
  • Interior finish and build is on par with a Polo but not strictly a step up. Makes sense as this is the global Polo platform but given the price of the top end ,some people are expecting Jetta levels of quality which is just not there and too wishful to expect it considering the car prices today]
  • Seating Position is near perfect for a crossover, a bit better than Kushaq maybe because of the higher dashboard design. Tilt and Telescopic steering definitely helps. I like to sit nice and Low.
  • The Engine and gearbox seemed a bit more aggressive than the Kushaq which was very linear. DSG is definitely much faster than a Seltos DCT. Engine is very refined and power feels just a bit better than a stage 1 1.2 TSI polo.
  • Steering is just way too light for the enthusiasts, just like Kushaq. at least seltos gets that right with the drive modes. this needs to be coded to get the steering weight right in the Taigun
  • Handling is really good and i felt the suspension to be just a touch stiffer than the Kushaq. I don't know if there is genuinely a difference in the tuning of suspension between the two cars but the Taigun felt more fun to drive because of this, and lesser body roll. interested buyers should definitely drive both back to back and then decide.
  • TD car had done around 6k kms and the brakes felt considerably worse than the nearly new Kushaq i drove earlier in the year. Either the car is thrashed a lot or the Pad compound is crap.
  • Rear seat space, especially the legroom is fantastic, a full level above the seltos. This makes it a really good upgrade for the current Ecosport owners.
  • I wanted to TD the 1.5 MT to get a feel of the MT gearbox (MQ281), but sadly no Test drives. The dealer did have one car on display and all I could do was row through the gears standing still, felt better than most VAG MTs, but i would reserve my judgement till i get a proper drive. The dealer also did have 3 1.5 MT cars in stock, the only ones he had for ready delivery. Clearly Low feature set is not a hit with the enthusiasts
  • Base model, Comfortline has a quoted period of almost a year. others are better with realistic times of 2-3 months.
agambhandari is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 13:23   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Test drove the 1.5 GT Plus DSG few days back.

Would be comparing my impressions to Polo GT(I own a 1.2 TSI) and Kushaq and Seltos (have driven in the past)
  • Rear seat space, especially the legroom is fantastic, a full level above the seltos. This makes it a really good upgrade for the current Ecosport owners.
Music to my ears. My heart hurts at parting with my Ecosport but this seemed like the best choice since I don't think I can afford the compass just yet.
Old 30th December 2021, 22:56   #989
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Music to my ears. My heart hurts at parting with my Ecosport but this seemed like the best choice since I don't think I can afford the compass just yet.
Compass has substantially lesser rear legroom than Taigun. It is surprisingly close to EcoSport in that aspect was one of the main reasons we didn't even look at it as an upgrade from Ecosport 2 years back.
Old 31st December 2021, 09:10   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Compass has substantially lesser rear legroom than Taigun. It is surprisingly close to EcoSport in that aspect was one of the main reasons we didn't even look at it as an upgrade from Ecosport 2 years back.
We're not a very tall family (both dad and I are 5'9), so for us even the ecosport had enough legroom

I absolutely loved the Compass ide and handling balance though. Took our colony's cobblestone roads and numerous speedbreakers like a champ!
sid3091 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks