Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2022, 09:53   #496
BHPian

Re: Dear Tata - What a Punch! (2000km / 4 month review of Tata Punch Pure MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbudhraja View Post
For quite sometime, we had been looking for a worthy replacement for our 19 year old Wagon R which had done 7 digit kms.
Those are insane numbers brother. You have my respect!

I had to check on my fingers with units, tens, hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, lakhs, ten lakhs like a kid to confirm that your car was driven for more than 10,00,000 kilometres in 19 years. Mind=Blown.

Congrats on your new car. Hopefully it can do similar kind of magic as its predecessor. Good luck!
Excommunicado is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:13   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excommunicado View Post
I had to check on my fingers with units, tens, hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, lakhs, ten lakhs like a kid to confirm that your car was driven for more than 10,00,000 kilometres in 19 years. Mind=Blown.

I did the same to count the digits and was stunned to know it was 10 Lakhs.

That might be a 1st Maruti with 7 digits running on ODO.

Hope Tata Punch is able to serve OP as good as Wagon R.
bronco is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:21   #498

Quote:
For quite sometime, we had been looking for a worthy replacement for our 19 year old Wagon R which had done 7 digit kms.
Wow! 7 digit km. That would mean you did more than 50,000km a year. Are you sure it's not 6 digits? . That is some insane reliability from the little Suzuki. Is the engine and transmission original?
toyotafanboi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 11:56   #499
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Congratulations' on the excellent VFM purchase. You have mentioned it is Pure variant + Rhythm pack. Won't that include a music system and steering mounted controls? Could not see that in the pictures of the steering.
Old 28th July 2022, 13:00   #500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco View Post
I did the same to count the digits and was stunned to know it was 10 Lakhs.

That might be a 1st Maruti with 7 digits running on ODO.

Hope Tata Punch is able to serve OP as good as Wagon R.
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotafanboi View Post
Wow! 7 digit km. That would mean you did more than 50,000km a year. Are you sure it's not 6 digits? . That is some insane reliability from the little Suzuki. Is the engine and transmission original?
Hi All. Sincere apologies. It's simply a typo. I meant 6 digit kms, and will request the moderator to edit the post.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th July 2022 at 14:54. Reason: quoting previous post in reply - no need to edit as you have clarified later and the flow of the thread will be disturbed
mbudhraja is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 13:42   #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
Congratulations' on the excellent VFM purchase. You have mentioned it is Pure variant + Rhythm pack. Won't that include a music system and steering mounted controls? Could not see that in the pictures of the steering.
Hey.. I wish I could edit the post. Actually I did book the Pure + Rythm at 6.98L, however my father in law changed the booking to Pure only. We paid 6.6 for the same. And now I am trying to get a rythm pack installed from Tata Service Center. The experience has not been good as the Service Center people aren't confirming if this can be fitted as an accessory at this stage - they keep saying they will get back. The primary reason to get this installed from Tata instead of after market is because we need the music system that comes with the Pure Rythm Pack i.e. the one without a display. Fathers being fathers, my father in law is averse to too many tech and does not want an led display sitting in there. All the aftermarket music systems are coming with the display and reverse cam.
mbudhraja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 14:39   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
Hello everyone
Tata Punch Creative AMT is costing me 10.83 lakhs otr Bangalore.
-Is it worth at that price?
-How is the AMT?
It's full filling our requirements.
Just take a test drive of Punch AMT , you will not book it 😂. It’s too much jerky .
VeBdrivE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 15:18   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeBdrivE View Post
Just take a test drive of Punch AMT , you will not book it 😂. It’s too much jerky .
First time I test drove Punch AMT, I felt it to be too jerky in heavy traffic conditions. Next time I test-drove it, it felt much better than first experience.

@Piyush Kanthak. Take multiple test-drives in heavy traffic and you will come to know if AMT works for you or not.
speed79 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2022, 16:03   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We booked Pure variant + Rhythm pack at <7L on road and this seemed like a steal to me. Eventually we did change our booking to just the Pure variant. The car has almost everything that an ordinary household requires. This should be an easy pick over the Ignis, Swift, Nios or even some of the compact sedans and premium hatches.
Congratulations and many happy miles.

Would like to know more about the FE figures observed.

For those who think the engine is underpowered, please do a test drive in the city. It has enough torque and oomph for relaxed city drives.

I did test drive the Punch with 5 medium sized adults, and the engine could easily pull over stop start inclines (steep ones, not flyover type) with just the releasing the clutch, more like a diesel car. Engine is tuned for low end torque. But, I would assume the downside would be poor FE. However, couldn't try and check for flat out acceleration. I quite got used to the 1.2K-series engines and I would have been disappointed.
Old 28th July 2022, 16:56   #505
BHPian

Quote:
As you are a newbie, cannot send a DM to you.
I see you had covered up the registration number in other photos, so you can take help of moderators to make the changes here as well.
Old 28th July 2022, 19:07   #506
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congratulations on your new purchase.

Punch is indeed a very good value proposition. I was astonished by those ODO numbers but thanks for the correction.

Have happy miles ahead.
Old 28th July 2022, 21:40   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Unrelated but I've always loved those types of steel wheels, I call them indica type wheels as it is on the indica that I've seen them a lot. They appear in a lot of cars in the base model, Ford Figo, Tiago, Punch etc.

I actually wouldn't mind a pair of steel wheels which look like that, in 15" form.
SaiSW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 14:27   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
read many news headlines where people charred to death in a burning car or drowned in a sinking car. Those people did not do it deliberately, rather many of them could not open the doors in time. Getting it?
Oh Man, really ?
All this while i was thinking they enjoyed staying in deliberately to die

And hey ! the much costlier Nexon does not have this flaw. Ring some bells ?
While i appreciate your enthusiasm about Tata cars, don't let it cloud your judgement

No matter what DNA or styling,
There is no practical reason why the door will be allowed to open (by mistake or deliberate) in one single action, while the car is moving

If there is such a valid reason, you can educate us the practical necessity for it

Last edited by Tamarind : 8th August 2022 at 14:37.
Old 8th August 2022, 15:32   #509
Senior - BHPian

European and some western cars used to have “Dead lock”. It means that the lever had to be pulled twice for the car door to open.

In recent times (a few years back), it was seen that there was a possibility of these type of locks getting jammed during accidents. Therefore, dead locks were discontinued as a safety measure.

My car (BMW X1 M Sport) purchased 4 years back and VW Jetta purchased 9 years ago, does not have a dead lock. My ownership thread has details. I too had concerns regarding the same. But over the years, I have learned to live with it.

While there can be different opinion and perspective between individuals, it is very important to maintain dignity and communicate with respect.
Chethan B G is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 15:45   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
European and some western cars used to have “Dead lock”. It means that the lever had to be pulled twice for the car door to open.

In recent times (a few years back), it was seen that there was a possibility of these type of locks getting jammed during accidents. Therefore, dead locks were discontinued as a safety measure.
I personally feel removing it is a step in the wrong direction. Especially considering Indian roads and usage of cars, not sure such western standards should be straight away adopted by us without second thoughts

This might be a deal breaker for many. Especially those who have kids (and teenagers :P) at home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chethan B G View Post
While there can be different opinion and perspective between individuals, it is very important to maintain dignity and communicate with respect.
Absolutely !
Agree with you 100%

While conveying the message, the following tone could have been avoided

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
read many news headlines where people charred to death in a burning car or drowned in a sinking car. Those people did not do it deliberately, rather many of them could not open the doors in time. Getting it?

Last edited by Tamarind : 8th August 2022 at 15:46.
Tamarind is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks