Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2021, 19:28   #406
BHPian

Re: Tata Punch Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
I saw this in Bangalore. Looks like it's the same car.
It's Citroen C3 and not the Punch.
Old 26th December 2021, 13:32   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdexter View Post
Punch Accomplished is a very good choice, considering the 4 variants. But is the Dazzle pack really worth the extra 50 K, for alloys and day time running light with projector headlamp. The spare wheel provided is 15 inches and if it is same as the other 4 tyres, then you can rotate the tyres equally and can extend the tyre change duration by another 10 K to 15K kms. I have a downsized spare for my polo and have not used it till date, but have already replaced the tyre sets 2 times.
Well I too suggested the same. But the family liked the combo and the coffee brown color and hence no option.
BTW made the booking on 26 October but till now car has not been shipped yet. Only the allotment list is there where we're second in list. Is the 60 days plus waiting period normal?
vinuchel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2021, 12:17   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
Well I too suggested the same. But the family liked the combo and the coffee brown color and hence no option.
BTW made the booking on 26 October but till now car has not been shipped yet. Only the allotment list is there where we're second in list. Is the 60 days plus waiting period normal?
Oh super. congrats Yes 60 days is what they say for Accomplished in Tamilnadu also. For adventure and Pure it is more than 90 days. Iam planning to book Accomplished in february. Test drove celerio and Kiger as well. Punch is what everyone felt to be good.
mrdexter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2021, 13:19   #409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
But still, to be absolutely sure that it topped up on diesel, I have asked him for re-clarification.
Direct confirmation from birdie - No plans for the Punch diesel. It's not coming.

Maybe AutoSpy didn't follow that particular test mule till the very end, and it could have circled around the Harrier mule it was following to top-up at the petrol bunk. In that case, it could have been the turbo-petrol on a testing run.

But it's confirmed now - Only the turbo-petrol is on the cards for the Punch. Diesel is not coming.

Sorry, guys.
RavenAvi is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th December 2021, 14:13   #410
BHPian

I was driving on the Bangalore – Neelamangala - Hassan road on 25th December for a outstation trip and there was a brand new blue with white roof Punch driving on the highway keeping pace with many other cars at over 100 speeds continuously. Even in my Innova I was not able to keep pace with it. The only time I could catch up were on the continuous humps where all cars had to slow down to near 5 kmph to cross and then all of the cars would just race ahead. I am narrating this incident as I remember distinctly reading in the reviews that the petrol motor of the punch is weak on power and progress is slow beyond 80 but looking at this driver, I would say in able hands the car can still perform well.
swarnava.ch is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 11:19   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Direct confirmation from birdie - No plans for the Punch diesel.
What about BEV, any news on when it is likely to be launched?

Last edited by aah78 : 4th January 2022 at 19:37. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 4th January 2022, 16:05   #412
BHPian

Took my Punch for a highway trip, total 413km.

Filled the tank full when starting and refilled to full at the same bunk when returning.

Odo ~ 1400km.
Mileage upon manual calculation: 15.08kmpl.
Mileage shown on Infotainment unit: 15.6kmpl.
Speeds: 80-100.
Number of people: 5
Luggage: None.
AC: ON only during half the time.
Tyre Pressure: <30psi.
(My tires are losing around 5-7 psi in 10days, is this normal? Happening with my Vespas too, I usually fill nitrogen but tested with normal air as well.)

Last edited by mr_robot : 4th January 2022 at 16:10. Reason: Punctuation
mr_robot is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th January 2022, 16:55   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Took my Punch for a highway trip, total 413km.
That is quite a nice mileage.
How was the driving experience? We are evaluating the Punch to replace our 10 year old WagonR and interested to understand how well it drives on highways.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th January 2022 at 19:39. Reason: Quote trimmed.
anandmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2022, 06:38   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandmv View Post
How was the driving experience? and interested to understand how well it drives on highways.
Driving experience was very good, it was happy to maintain 100kmph for long stretches of road.
2 adults and 1 kid at the back were not comfortable though.
mr_robot is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2022, 20:29   #415
BHPian

75 days after booking the Accomplished Dazzle pack AMT (Trichur, Kerala) and still waiting..
Still not allotted (2nd on allotment wait list). Showroom people claim their helplessness saying that production is cut, chip shortage, few units shipped etc etc.
Any ideas to speed up the delivery ? Latest update from showroom is that all the 2021 manufactured models have been sold out and even if we are delayed, we will be getting a 2022 manufactured model. (Is it possible? )

Also went through the review in detail where the mods have recommended to NOT buy the AMT.. Previous rides in family have been Maruti 800, Maruti Zen Estilo. 95% of rides are in busy traffic and town areas with maximum speed around 50-60 (parents would be driving). Is the AMT really worth for 9.3 lakhs on road? (Have asked this question before but still confusion prevails.. )
Old 12th January 2022, 02:19   #416
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Punch in the flesh today on the road and I must say it's a good looking car. No idea why people claim its an Ignis competitor, the Ignis is a size smaller and shorter. The Punch is just shy of the Nexon in size and definitely deserves the Turbo petrol engine.
Mortis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 06:11   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinuchel View Post
75 days after booking the Accomplished Dazzle pack AMT (Trichur, Kerala) and still waiting..
Is the AMT really worth for 9.3 lakhs on road? (Have asked this question before but still confusion prevails.. )
AMT on a Tata, is as good as any competition on Indian roads today.

I've 2, happy with my decision since 2016, (I'm going to be 62 next month, so can vouch for it) your parents will thank you for this no nonsense baby automatic Punch.

The tall stans is a boon.

All the best.
Vinod_nair is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 10:36   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
(My tires are losing around 5-7 psi in 10days, is this normal? Happening with my Vespas too, I usually fill nitrogen but tested with normal air as well.)
If its on all tyres then get a good pressure gauge like Stanley/Michelin. I was having something similar and turned out that the tyre guy's gauge was behaving weird. I was showing 34 while real pressure was 20 measured at a freshly inaugurated HP Nitrogen unit at a pump.

I ordered a Lyrovo unit online and it always showed 12-15 regardless. I might be getting the Stanley/Michelin too.

Last edited by shancz : 12th January 2022 at 10:36. Reason: typos
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 15:36   #419
FHW
BHPian

Tata has revised the Punch pricing.
Pure one is hiked by around 15000 and Creative price slashed by around 10000.
FHW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2022, 16:31   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHW View Post
Tata has revised the Punch pricing.
Pure one is hiked by around 15000 and Creative price slashed by around 10000.
What about Adventure and Accomplished (esp. AMT)? Are their prices unchanged or hiked / slashed too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks