Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2022, 22:55   #481
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Punch Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
It was all great, till we sat in the rear seat. The seat is so upright, that wifey rejected it, right away.
A lot of people actually prefer a straight back. It is much better for your neck and spine, posture wise. Anyone with lumbar or cervical issues will always prefer a relatively straight back. This is one of the things people appreciate only when they have such issues or when age starts catching up with them.

For what it’s worth, my mum finds the Punch’s back seat to be the only one in the budget segment today in which her neck doesn’t start paining. I find is very comfortable myself.

Ideally, they should provide adjustable recline angle, so that people can have the best of both worlds. Unfortunately, those days of the old Jazz and Ecosport are now behind us.
Shreyans_Jain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 10:01   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
A lot of people actually prefer a straight back. It is much better for your neck and spine, posture wise.
I completely agree. I found the backseat VERY comfortable for the 30 odd KMs ride. It is for sure better for senior citizens both ingress/egress and seating posture. Just for comparison, my mom found it difficult to get from the i20 backseat.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 19:40   #483
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)
Default Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4by4 View Post
I don't think this is correct. Punch is 90 percentage of the concept originally shown in 2020 auto expo, whereas Citroen was first launched in October 21.

Also most of new Tata cars are very uniquely styled and to call them rip off would be a disservice to designers.
Off-Topic post-

Wouldn't want to take this thread off-topic, but for the sake of letting you know, I'll let you know that the Citroen I am talking is not the India-spec C5 Aircross launched last year but the Global C3 Aircross which has been on sale since 2017 in different countries.

Hence yes, I won't rule out the case that the Tata Punch displayed as a concept in "2020" could be nothing but a pure cut paste job of the "2017" C3 Aircross except for the curves and the quarter glass. The fact that Tata has taken heavy inspirations from many other cars in the past makes my case stronger!

P.S.- If you want to discuss this topic further, please take it to a Tata Punch thread. Wouldn't want to dilute this thread with off-topic discussion of the Punch!

Last edited by theAutomaniac : 15th June 2022 at 19:43.
theAutomaniac is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 00:10   #484

Default Re: Maruti & Toyota's Creta-rivaling midsize SUV spied

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAutomaniac View Post
Off-Topic post-

Wouldn't want to take this thread off-topic, but for the sake of letting you know, I'll let you know that the Citroen I am talking is not the India-spec C5 Aircross launched last year but the Global C3 Aircross which has been on sale since 2017 in different countries.

P.S.- If you want to discuss this topic further, please take it to a Tata Punch thread. Wouldn't want to dilute this thread with off-topic discussion of the Punch!
Agree , we should not take this off topic. Could be difference of opinion but don't think Punch looks anything like global C3 aircross.(image download from link you have provided)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-2018_citroen_c3_aircross_flair_puretec_1.2_front.jpg  

4by4 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th June 2022, 09:06   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
We booked the Punch in Creative persona with IRA pack, by paying the booking amount of 10,000/-.
We canceled the booking of Punch. The Punch creative variant was nearing 11 lakhs INR on-road, and I did not think its worth that much price. I would have probably given it a thought if Tata had given the option of the iTurbo engine in the top end.

We ended up buying another Scross for my wife, at 10.5 lakhs on-road and we are very happy with the decision.
ajay_satpute is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed