Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2022, 12:04   #466
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Punch Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
is the AC capacity, especially in harsh sunlight. Does it cool the cabin well and how do the rear seat passengers feel, during broad daylight and on highways?
Not a owner yet (booked, waiting for delivery). But for whatever its worth: I test drove quite a few cars (Maruti, Tata, Honda), and about 4 different specimen of the Punch itself. In every one of them, I also took a back seat ride too. Amongst all those rides, despite the lack of rear A/C vents - the Punch was the best A/C experience.
Old 4th May 2022, 08:52   #467
BHPian

Being an owner for 8 months approx now. I can vouch for Tata Punch being no side line player. I have the creative MT DT Calypso Red. You would never feel cramped for space ,headroom or legroom.

The AC is the best in the class cools off in Jharkhand Heat of 46 degrees within minutes. The rear passenger never complained of not having a rear vent.

The headlights are adequate the handling is crisp and you would never feel you are in a small car.
Wason4699 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2022, 09:16   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wason4699 View Post
Being an owner for 8 months approx now.
Can you describe the experience of back seat passengers on long drives, do people find the seat too upright? Particularly elders?
Old 4th May 2022, 10:20   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz_nomad View Post
Can you describe the experience of back seat passengers on long drives, do people find the seat too upright? Particularly elders?

My parents are both senior citizens with pain in joints and we recently did a tour of 500km with one break and believe me they didn't complain once. Yes nothing beats Nexon in backseat experience but Punch packs a punch here too.
Wason4699 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2022, 15:42   #470
Senior - BHPian

Any news about the Tata Punch with iTurbo engine? The current Punch feels very weak off the hook and while overtaking. The iTurbo will help cover the weak spots.

We are in the process of booking a new car for my wife. If the turbo variant is around the corner, we can wait a bit longer.
Old 14th May 2022, 11:19   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wason4699 View Post
My parents are both senior citizens with pain in joints and we recently did a tour of 500km with one break and believe me they didn't complain once. Yes nothing beats Nexon in backseat experience but Punch packs a punch here too.

Thanks.

One question: Is there no way to pause music from steering mounted controls? I can see there are buttons for next, prev, incr/decr vol, but no pause, there is a just the ability to mute. Is this really the case or am I just missing it? Pause is fairly basic functionality, I'd have preferred it over mute.
Why would Tata do this? Sort of 'radio' minded. If the audio source is radio, it ought to be a mute function, but if the source is BT, it ought to pause instead of mute. Seeing the buttons during the test drive, I thought that is probably the way it works, but apparently that isn't the case. When you mute playback, the music keeps playing, just that the audio is muted.
Old 14th May 2022, 13:28   #472
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz_nomad View Post
An upright seat back is actually appreciated by senior citizens and those with lumbar and cervical issues, especially over longer distances. Punch’s back seat is the best in its class in terms of seating position and cushioning. Personally, I find it’s bench better than the Nexon’s for two.

Last edited by Shreyans_Jain : 14th May 2022 at 13:43.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 16th May 2022, 14:26   #473
Senior - BHPian

We booked the Punch in Creative persona with IRA pack, by paying the booking amount of 10,000/-. Booking amount is fully refundable, in case of change of plan. Wife liked the TROPICAL MIST colour the most. Although I found the Punch engine weak in the first test drive, I found pretty tractable in city traffic as well as highway in my second longer test drive.

10.2 lacs on-road Pune is the quoted price. I am going to negotiate on insurance and accessories pack and any other unwanted item forced into the price. Also, we will be exchanging our Chevy Spark for which they quoted 90k to 1 lacs exchange price, which is quite decent, compared to what we expected.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Punch Review-tropicalmistpunch.jpg  

Last edited by ajay_satpute : 16th May 2022 at 14:42.
Old 16th May 2022, 19:32   #474

Hi Guys
I would like to know if the essential pack offered with the Tata Punch makes sense to buy or not .

Also , can someone please tell me how much FE can we extract from the Tata Punch AMT in normal NCR traffic , by reading this thread i got to know that people are getting as low as 10 kmpl

Thanks in advance guys

Most Viewed